KI World Cup 2017 Roll Call and Links

Pretty sure Ogty can read English. A lot of Japanese people read and write English better than they speak it actually.

1 Like

Good! I can’t wait to meet him! :smiley:

who the hell is OGTY?

Japanese player who organizes a lot of the KI stuff over in Japan. Kind of the “head” of their scene.

3 Likes

COOL! Maybe you can introduce us forum scrubs to him? :slight_smile:\

You are going right??

1 Like

Haha. Yeah, I’ll be there. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Cool! Yeah man we are going to have a decent little sized forum group! I just hope we can all meet up at the same time and hang out even if only for a minute.

2 Likes

I’ll do my best to make that happen.

1 Like

Can we meet up at Ultra Arcade before KIWC? :smiley:

I dont know Kev, prob not as we wont get there until 1-2pm on Friday, get settled and what not we wont want to get back into the car to drive some more.
I DO want to see Ultra arcade, but I dont want to rush over there on Friday evening.

WIll anyone even be there? How far away is it?

@BHswordsman09 Are you going to KIWC?

I plan to…

1 Like

I’ll be there, excited to finally attend something like this. Not sure if I wanna bother with the last minute elimination brackets though. (If I understand correctly, any ole scrub can try their hand at those, is that correct?)
I’m a gold rank who has seemingly already reached my potential, the thought of playing anyone in public terrifies me

Yes its free to enter last chance qualify. You should just go for it man, if anything just for the experience of playing in a tournament and getting those nerves under your belt.

There is also a KI classic and KI 2 classic tournaments for 10$ each entry fee,

1 Like

You’re right, I might as well give it a shot just for the experience. If I don’t at least try, I fear I might spend the rest of my year wondering what if, and that might give me even more anxiety XD
Still pretty excited to go, I’ve never been to a con before. I’m so lucky it’s so close to where I live (Recently moved to TX)

Yeah man go for it! Matter of fact this could be the best one to break you in becasue it will probably be more organized than most tournaments and should move really fast. The experience of just one tournament will go a long ways for you and you will be itching to get to the next one, and the next one! Its very addicting even if you loose! (which we all will!)

Make sure to bring your fight stick or controller and if a controller bring your USB cable.

1 Like

You read my mind, the controller thing was my next question. :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for your encouragement! I feel better already. I’ll be rooting for ya!

2 Likes

Thanks! See you there!

One week!

Or…two weeks? :confused:

4 Likes