KI Returns to EVO

Thanks man. I don’t follow Rotendo and I’m about ready to delete Twitter because it is a source of endless misery. But I will keep my eyes open for any announcements elsewhere. There’s still 60 days, but geez. Talk about squandering your momentum.

5 Likes

Isnt this the truth… Facebook too…social media is the devil I swear.

3 Likes

I’m all just like you. any information please let it know I had paid my registration also and now we are all in the clouds

You should have received a refund for the prior registration. If you haven’t I would try to get in touch with the folks at Smash.gg

if that’s what I’m trying to do. He’s spent too much time with our money. this already looks like a scam will have to claim where it is needed and report

I don’t think it’s a scam. They sent my registration fee back before I even knew they were changing the site.

You may want to check in with Rotendo if you are on Twitter. I believe he is the TO for KI at Evo this year.

@RoTeNdO Tagging him if he is still present on this forum?

I stopped using Social Media years ago. The quality of my life has improved dramatically since I cut that cancer out.

1 Like

Still no info on a registration link for KI. They’re cutting this kind of close IMO. I hope we hear something about it soon.

@BigBadAndy

1 Like

I’m from Latin America. I signed up on the smash page for KL paid for my registration. Days later they erased the smash post where the brackets were not only holding the money of the people of Latin America now as if nothing leaves us. How fun you are. Thieves

You know what I realized? There are going to be a whole bunch of SFV players who think KI is a dumb game, but sign up anyway because they believe it will be an easy target.

And they are going to get ■■■■■■■ wrecked.

4 Likes

I really doubt they would be that dumb :rofl:
But if they enter to compete, well, better for the game.

3 Likes

They refunded all the registrations from the Smash.gg sign ups. Check your statement.

1 Like

Registration is open for EVO 2020.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/registration/

@BigBadAndy

2 Likes

Is there anyway to find out how many people have signed up?

Not that I’m aware of. I assume they will announce the numbers.

It all seems more complicated than it needs to be. You sign up, then you have to link multiple accounts together, verify your region and then they don’t tell you anything about how the first round is going to actually work. Oh well, I guess they still have time.

Did someone ask for numbers?!

Ladies and gentlemen, cyborgs and golems, I hope to see you all at EVO 2020 next month! :fire::t_rex:

-Zenek

4 Likes

It’s a shame many of us could not participate. Those numbers could have been higher. Geez, I was getting hype with the idea of playing ,lol.

I don’t know wich rules or regulations wouldn’t allow EVO in my region. I wish they would tell more about it.

Anyway, GO KI!!! <3

I suspect it’s not a rule so much as not having the capacity (ie volunteers) to run it. Maybe I’m wrong, but there’s quite a lot of work involved in setting these things up.

I’m pretty impressed by the KI numbers. I hope they are able to get it organized so it isn’t a complete disaster, lol.

Interesting to see very small numbers for Japan/Korea.

1 Like

Wow those are great numbers for all of those games.

I guess it is a good thing that KI is going to be the third tournament of the month. Perhaps if mistakes are made with the first two games then the ones who are running the KI tournament can make sure not to make those mistakes.

1 Like