KI PC Footage?

Neat. i Hope that baby can be more than enough for KI.

Sort-of off-topic, but has anyone seen if KI on the PC shares achievements with the Xbox? Will I already have some of the achievements unlocked or do they all start over? Sorry if I missed this and it’s already been said somewhere.

You should share the same achievements. In fact windows 10 xbox app works related on your xbox account.

your specs should be more than adequate for KI, if you can run Witcher 3 silky smooth…you’ll run KI easily. how much memory do you have? 8gigs? 16gigs?

I have a question for you. I know I have a processor running KI without problems except for my video card. It’s a 7780 HD Ati radeon and I noticed it’s considered legacy on Windows 10. Do you think this graphic card will be enough or…?

Tell me of any other games you play using that card. How do they run? I skipped out on the ATI stuff after the 6970 was released and went nvidia. That card imo is dated, you may be able to play KI however the experience may not entirely be to your liking. Try it out when it releases first, then decide if you want to upgrade.

I’d suggest looking at upgrading that card to something more recent and that’s within your means, so if you can start saving up early just in case the game runs like ■■■■. You don’t have to go ham and drop 400 bucks. IF you have the disposable income then that’s your choice. Check out newegg.com, they may have good deals.

Since y’all seem knowledgeable on PC’s I guess I’ll ask if this PC is ok for gaming: http://www.amazon.com/HP-ENVY-700-406-Desktop-included/dp/B00UVVLNLI
I got it randomly last year after my laptop died. I didn’t get it with the intention of getting a gaming PC, I just grabbed what the best buy employee suggested as a decent computer.
Also, if it isn’t good what can I do to it?

16 of ram. I wanted to make sure that I am not going to be missing out anything when ki comes to PC.

Upgrade the graphics card and replace the cpu cooler with a liquid cooler. That will get you by.

I can run smoothly dota 2 at ultra graphic details and Dark Souls 2 too. But I guess those games don’t count, right?

you don’t need that much ram, if your card has a good amount of vram (3 or 4 Gb) your ram usage will drop. My card has 4gb of vram and I play Fallout 4 at Ultra, with a ram usage of 2gb

no not really, neither of those games are graphically intensive. like i said, run KI with your 7870 first and see how you like it, but do save up for another video board just in case. if i was to toss you witcher 3, i already know you’d be averaging 15-20fps, i bring this game up because to me its the one in most recent memory that truly tests a computer.

edit: also please tell me the rest of your PC’s specs, including your power supply

I checked on system from control panel, but I guess there’s a better command/option where to check everything. Btw, I can tell you my processor and the ram.

RAM: 8 GB
Processor: AMD FX™ - 6200 Six-Core Processor 3,80Ghz.

gotta get a screwdriver and open up that tower man, check out the power supply wattage. its imperative you find out because its gonna dictate what you can or cannot run. also some cards require at least 2 6-pin power connectors as well. make sure you touch metal before you handle any components should you decide to.

what OS are you running? win8? win7?

right click my computer > properties. it’ll bring up system specs

edit: switch off your PSU before you unplug the machine and carry it if you must to inspect the internals

I have 3 hard disks: a SSD of 250 GB running windows 8, a 1 TB hard disk running Windows 10 plus another 300 GB of ■■■■■■ stuff of my ol’ pc.

Btw, you don’t worry about power supply because I have a friend working on PCs so, in case, I can change stuff at a very discounted price. The same friend that created this case and this PC in late 2013, including 2 huge fans.

But the most important I would like to know is: do you think this processor is quite enough to run KI, in your opinion?

yeah id say so man, 3.8ghz is pretty good. knowing that, all that is in question is the 7870. 8gigs of memory is also good, dont really need more than that though you will see others like myself go with 16 for the overkill and future proofing.

1 Like

Ok then. Changing the video card won’t be a problem at all, in case. Thanks for the help.

Get thyself a evga gtx 970. A great card to have. My sister has it for her PC. Pretty good card, there.

1 Like