KI Novella

I really hope this means Shadow Lords is close.

Ready for heatbreak - this is the last planned chapter.

4 Likes

Butā€¦butā€¦but ARIA :frowning: :frowning: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like
6 Likes

What? The way you set up the story does not set it up to just end.

Thereā€™s no way it was planned to end here from the start.

1 Like

A definite bummer, but Iā€™m not really entirely surprisedā€“this does its job of setting the stage for Shadow Lords mode (and ARIAā€™s alliance explains why you can have a squad comprised of both hero and Ultratech characters). I enjoyed it while it lastedā€“Glaciusā€™ chapter was a dream come true, making him the only being to outsmart ARIA and thus Ultratech as a wholeā€“and look forward to devouring all the little story tidbits that come in the new game mode. :] It was also just great to get something checked off my wishlist for KIā€“Iā€™ve always wanted to see extra lore established to flesh out the game, so thanks for that!

Thatā€™s it!?

No Gargosā€™ origin next cā€™mon!?

Oh, thatā€™s funny, you seem to have an inside track to our way of things. Tell me more about our plans, schemes, plots, etc.

6 Likes

Damn, Rukari bringing the pain :crying_cat_face:
Ahh well, last ā€œplannedā€ chapter means thereā€™s a possibility of more. Maybe we can get this going as a bi-weekly series after S3 ends? Telling the story of what happens between S3 and the next instalment?

Well for one, you plan on saying ā€œstay tunedā€ many times in the futureā€¦Nah, Iā€™m kidding.

Itā€™s just of hard to believe it ends here because thereā€™s a lot of loose ends left to connect to shadow lords. Like how does Kim find Jago? Where did Hisako take Shadow Jago? How does Tusk know where to find Gargos? Why is Mira fighting Gargos at all? Itā€™s a little irritating when things come to a close too soon. But thereā€™s nothing to be done about it now, I guess.

Whatā€™s that I hear? Someone has no idea whatā€™s in store next?

Ah, yes, I get to say my favorite line - stay tuned.

7 Likes

ARIA is like shut up shut up shut up!!! SHUT THE F* UP MR. FERRIS!!!**

Im not gonna lie. Cinder, you deserved it.

2 Likes

ARIAā€™s just a boss.

2 Likes

U-force unite!! lol

1 Like

When theyā€™re talking about ultra tech, Maya says there might be someone else besides Aria running utra tech. Possible hint for the last character? Maybe Eyedol?

U-Force, ASSEMBLE!! LOL

2 Likes

No, maya believes that UT is being run by a group of humans. She seems to not believe that ARIA has been pulling the vast majority of the strings. But of course thatā€™ not the case. She deemed it illogical, because there wasnā€™t a way to punish a program. At least humans could be tried and sentenced to whatever.

Only a handful of people have met ARIA personally.

Edit: well actually maya wasnā€™t wrong. Technically UT WAS run by humans before ARIA became the CEO. But of course adams died of old age and the other guy died in a plane crash.

1 Like

Awww WHAT?! You just gonna end it there?! Right when it was getting good too. :sob:

But for the final chapter, I liked it. I like the way it goes into further detail about the attack on the heroes and how more fleshed out Maya is. This chapter has me that much more interested on how Shadow Lords is going to play out lore wise.

Also, I cannot be the only one who was looking at the chapter picture on the top of the page and think TJ is going: ā€œOH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP!!ā€ when running from the stalkers.

Reading the ending againā€¦I can almost feel that ARIA planned this from the very beginning (which she probably did). I mean, she called off the attack, she could have offed maya and company and retrieved the bodies later for her experiments.

But she didnā€™tā€¦THEN basically wishes to make an alliance with them and even agrees to give back what she can. Sheā€™s got big lugnuts. Iā€™m guessing sheā€™s starting to feel something. Something she longed for so long now?

I was looking forward to that little conversation she and the others would have. All by herself, no strings attached. I mean she could just ditch the drone if things got violent but she seems confident in this. But she did say it was time for a reckoningā€¦

Much much much much to wonder. I just wanna hear her say ā€œLetā€™s have a talk.ā€

Well itā€™s not like the heroes have much of a choice in the matter do they? This is pretty much going to be the whole ā€œthe enemy of my enemy is my friendā€ thing. And I bet the attack was also to show (in her perspective) what will happen to them if they decide to attack UT when Gargos is finished.