KI Novella

Add to this that for some stupid reason they also want this game to end at season 3. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me and now even more so considering with Eyedol, Eagle, Arianna and even Ryat himself season 4 has a ton of potential in it’s storyline.

I’m so hyped after this chapter! I knew eagle wasn’t dead, hell orchid said so herself! I’m really interested in this human Aria we’re hearing about. With this I hope he who shall not be named was just a placeholder for a possible guest character but that’s just wishful thinking.

As for Eyedol I really wanted him for season 3 but now there’s so much more that could go on in this season alone that he could be the next big bad in season 4. I hope this novella is part of story mode this season, it would explain the dialogue on the trailers!

Hmmm.

4 Likes

The game is taking so much updating that is difficult for me to think that all this is happening only to end in two months. If it was to end what would be the meaning of new forums, new UI, Shadow Lords mode, new multiplayer mode, pc port, new lightings, figurines, novella and all this? If it was to be the final season it would much easier to continue with the previous form. I think the devs wanted to make a new game without losing all they had made untill season 2. IMO the game did well the first two seasons, so I think (and hope) that this is a 2 or 3 - seasonal investment.

I would absolutely love to have this Novella and all the back stories in physical copies. They’re really good and I just love all the KI lore.

The story in KI is never quite at the forefront like in other fighting games, which is a shame. I normally find myself explaining to my friends who play just who these characters are and what their histories are together.

1 Like

I have to say when reading this and considering the picture that was up front, I was thinking that the body floating there was one of the Arianna’s, but then thought, that body looks like a man. Then when getting close to the part were Eagle was revealed, I couldn’t help but get excited about him being real. I think I said something very simular to Eagle still being able to be alive, but I think it was in the S2 forums.

As far as game play and style, Going back to a post that @moonlightninja posted back during the Thunder back story:

So I think as far as fighting style, it was established that Eagle was a wrestler and an amateur boxer. So I don’t think he’ll be a shoto. If anything, he might be someone a little bit closer to a mix of TJ Combo/Thunder. Maybe he’ll be the first character that has chain grabs, like King from Tekken, or Solomon Grundy from Injustice. Though IG could always give him more abilities and claim that while he was in stasis, UT some how gave him an ability he didn’t have prior to being captured. Other chacters that come to mind would be Mardok from Tekken.

2 Likes

Combine this with @Iago407’s idea for an MMA grappler

That doesn’t quite tell you the archetype, but its a good idea and I think I would like Eagle to have that kind of moveset.

1 Like

Who is Arianna!?

She is ARIA’s “avatar,” the character she creates to play games with her father or visit Eagle.

And since Ryat Adams, she created some sort of simulation/illusion of him?

Yeah, she took his memories and whatever else and turned him into a sentient AI.

Correct! Though he’s starting to form his own individual mind from the looks of it.

1 Like

I wonder how Eagle will get his powers back from being imprisoned. Hmm.

Eagle should combine flaming knives with his Boxing and his Jiu-Jutsu. A character that tackles into a ground-and-pound. A character with Grab joint lock auto-doubles, with grab openers, linkers, and enders.

He should also have normal auto-doubles based on his flaming knives that he uses in conjunction with his boxing techniques. How does he switch betwee. Auto double types? Well Eagle can be the first true Stance character. Strike, Footsie, projectile character in his Killer Boxer stance with Steve Fox style dodge mechanic. Or a Jiu-Jutsu rushdown grappler with cross-up Rolls and chain grabs.

Super-Agile Grappler with target combos and can throw/box with knives he imbues with fire. Why imbue with fire? Because plot twist Ultratech killed Eagle and Thunder’s parents but Eagle set the place on fire. His weyekin should be a Thunder Bird, its very rare to have a spiritual guide that is a Godly entity.

As much as I’d love the irony of someone named “Eagle” being a ground based fighter…

I think Eagle will have some aerial shenanigans

Does sound like Eagle might make an appearance somehow… probably playable at some point. I just hope he won’t be anything like Thunder or Fulgore in gameplay, but rather have his own unique moveset and playstyle.

Same for looks.

1 Like

Eagle may be the last character to soften the blow for not making eyedol, i think his playstyle he may borrow a couple of Thunder’s and Fulgore’s mechanics but the rest will be his own. Kinda like Lee Chaolan, borrowing a few moves from Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law but the rest are his own.

NO! BAD!

But seriously, I just want him to be unique from the others.

I’ m not saying it will but G will give himm original moves aand the fact that Eagle and Thunder are brothers the fightstyle could differ yet look the same but not entirely. IDK

Well… Orchid and Jago are family, but they don’t have any moves in common.

I know… It was just a thought.

1 Like