Kan-Ra setups

Ohh silly me. I should have been able to infer what you were talking about.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the best thing to do off of his Down+Back.HP.

Asking the important questions here boys. :wink:

Depends on screen position, your opponentā€™s character, your opponentā€™s meter, your opponentā€™s instinct meter, your opponentā€™s life bar, your meter, your instinct meter, your life bar, the mixups you did before and how you want to condition your opponent. I am sure the list is not complete.

What you CAN do is cancel into clutch to flip out, cancel into swarm, cancel into whirl, cancel into spike, cancel into instinct, pressure the wake up, jump back or dash back to gain some air to breath and a lot of other stuff.

What you shouldnā€™t do is miss the AA

:wink:

1 Like

lol just goes to show how much it takes to play Killer Instinct.

So I have found that I canā€™t seem to use Kanā€™s anti-air to actually anti-air opponents. Is this just me being bad or does anyone else experience this?

What button are you talking about? You gotta be a little bit more precise

Down+Back.HP

Than you just donā€™t time it right.

Record a dummy doing a forward jump attack and than a jump back. Try to get a feel for the right timing and also try to use cr.HK to see whether it works or not. Also try to cancel your AA buttons into stuff.

You can also AA with St.MP xx whirl when they try to close the distance to you with jumps.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll give it a go when I get home.

does the cb.HP cancel into clutch only work if youā€™re on the right side? it seems like it comes out more if Iā€™m on the right side but when Iā€™m on the left it hardly comes out at all (Iā€™m using a regular xbox controller).

@lHagenl Care to enlighten our feeble minds?

There is nothing to explain here. Itā€™s just bad execution or a broken controller. A lot of players have preference to fight on a certain side. After all these years I still sometimes fail to dash to the left for example.

Please use the general discussion in the kan-Ra forum section for questions like that.

does anybody know a good way to incorporate Kan-Raā€™s pinwheel other than manuals? I feel like I should be using It more often

You talking about back medium punch?

Back + MP is the second best meaty button in the game. It has tons of active frames, it combos into St.LK, itā€™s hit confirmable into whirl, it catches back dashes, it is +1 on block.
I also use it a lot vs roll happy TJs.

The best meaty button in the game is Raā€™s cr.MP after swarm ender because it is nearly as good but it has no hurt box.

2 Likes

yes, ill try using it for manuals in combos but it just blows out or raises the KV to an insane amount which is kind of a bummer

Test it in 3.7 because it may be fixed. Who knows?

For the most part it does, still canā€™t b.MP after a heavy quartercircle forward kick linker and still cause a blowoutā€¦also canā€™t do heavy swarm linkers into b.MP either

Why would you EVER use back+MP as a manual??? It has a billion frames all screaming ā€œhit medium breakerā€

Clutch, m.spike, st.LK xx whirl is no longer possible.

BUT

You can still do clutch, st.MP xx m.whirl
This still works with different timings vs all characters minus Fulgore and Raam

AND

clutch, m.spike, cr.LK xx l.swarm is now very good.
The later you hit with cr.LK the closer your opponent will land to you. Some characters are forced to stand up directly in your swarm. This is also totally safe vs a quick rising shadow wind kick or DP Jago.

1 Like