Kan-Ra setups

Credit for that cross up glitch goes to @JINXHAND. He discovered it. I just expanded it.

Itā€™s tricky to use the overhead setups. You have to make sure that the swarm and the j.MK hit at the exact same frame as your opponentā€™s hurtbox appears after waking up. If you are too late they will be in block stun and auto-block the j.MK.

j.MK is active for 3 frames. So hitting that overhead is a 3 frame window.

You can use j.LK vs Arganos, Eyedol and Raam as an instant overhead. But I didnā€™t find a way to combo after it besides shadow swarm which is unsafe.

@lHagenl Appreciate the props! * bows*

When I first discovered the idea, it was from a regular jump into j.MK, then I tried doing sand dash into an instant j.MK. I was able to do this without the sand dash, but the sand dash is important, because it makes Kan-Ra land faster, giving more time to do other things. You can swap the sand dash with an actual super jump, and the setup still works! The original video is somewhere in this thread lolā€¦

EDIT: here it is:
https://youtu.be/cVafhq2hh8I

When I saw that video you put up, I had no idea it could be done with a whiffed j.HP!!! You have indeed made this a stronger setup. I wasnā€™t too sure how I could make this effective, especially since this was done in early S3 where Kan was weaker, so I started working on Instinct setups/mixups. Eventually I will post some notes regarding that.

3 Likes

I always forget how much fun watching a good Kan Ra is. Appreciate you guys are still labbing with the old fellow.

I donā€™t think pressing any button before j.shadow swarm is necessary. My stupid hands just pressed that button and after I looked at what my recorded dummy was doing I was like: What the hell? Where did that j.HP go? I still donā€™t know why that move is cancelled. I wanna test if other stuff is also cancelled. Just had the idea to cancel a j.swarm into j.shadow swarm that way to maybe get 2 swarm in the air from 1 jump. That would be bonkers lol.

As I found out about cr.HK being a hard knock down and coming up with keeping them in check on wake up with a swarm, I remembered your buggy setup, because it just fits perfect with that sand under Raā€™s feet.

I am still working on landing that stuff in a real match. Whenever I try it, I get so hyped that my hands just ainā€™t doing what they are supposed to do. That stuff in the video isnā€™t even hard to do. Besides that j.MK overhead at the end. I think I messed that up in the video, but the dummy wasnā€™t supposed to block anything anyway.

Still have to figure out if j.MK can ever hit as an overhead after doing the shadow clutch, dash, swarm setup. As I already explained, the game auto blocks lows and overheads for you when you are in block stun. And I am not sure why that is not true for cinderā€™s low flame thrower move :-/

Okay, shadow clutch, dash, l.swarm, j.MK is possible but it has to be timed right, so the game doesnā€™t block it for your opponent.
Still havenā€™t figured out what it takes to set it up correctly, but Kan-Ra has an overhead now. And itā€™s not easy to react to.

1 Like

@lHagenl @JINXHAND
Yeah Iā€™d say that setup is really though to get down and pull off in a real setting but if you do, OH BOY! I havenā€™t been able to do it yet since you need a hard knockdown and without doing the scarab ender into the grab and THEN hitting them with the c.HK I canā€™t find any other way. Does (Iā€™ll be able to look when I get home) the Launcher ender by chance cause a hard knockdown if there isnā€™t a juggle afterwards? Anyways, Iā€™m gonna be doing some more testing with the setup and maybe see if I can find another way to reliably get a hard knockdown tonight. If I find anything crazy Iā€™ll let you boys know!

The setup isnā€™t that hard. Already hit it a couple of times. Nobody blocked it yet. They get hit by the super jump cross up swarm and than again by the low on the same side. Itā€™s glorious

I can finally pull the setup off consistently. I also have some new stuff that I think should be shared with the community. Iā€™ll probably post some of it later tonight if I actually remember to do so.

But real talk, itā€™s crazy that weā€™re still finding all of these setups and whatnot. Character has been this way since the launch of season 3 an we have lost maybe half of the momentum we had at launch when it comes to finding setups. Just amazing how great the Lab boys are for Kan-Ra. Thought Kan-Ra would have been done for a while ago but heā€™s able to keep up. Just blows my mind.

Must be the skill of the Kan-Ra players Kappa :wink:

Always looking forward to new tech stuff. So please remember to post it :wink:

You guys should check out @ItzTymeToDul 's dvr channel. Itā€™s pure gold. A lot of crazy high execution stuff for Kan-Ra. Why didnā€™t you post your stuff here???

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ItzTymeToDul/videos

1 Like

I was actually planning o taking his game clips and popping them down in here for everyone to see and then tag him since he hasnā€™t released them here yet.

Thatā€™s why I said I think it should be shared with the community lol.

1 Like

I do know that a good little string in the corner is:
Hit confirm->ShadowSpike->c.HK->Whirl->Ender for a pretty dang good amount of damage. That spike hits really hard, even in a combo, or should I say specifically in a combo.

2 Likes

To answer your question I planned on it but I posted it to another group on facebook. I guess I half forgot because at the back of my mind I knew I wanted to post it somewhere else but I couldnā€™t put my finger on it. I follow ALL the kan ra threads on the forums and didnā€™t think to do that.

Iā€™m a failure and disgrace my emporium famirie :confounded:

Yeah man I played @MathAmphetameme and his ra was good. I got inspired to do some set ups and didnā€™t follow up on them. I edited them and broke down why I did them to.

In the future any and all content will be posted on my YouTube channel then linked here :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be hitting the lab after classes today, and for sure, I wonā€™t forget to post any crazy stuff I find.
@ItzTymeToDul 's Ra is pretty good too. I was gonna try and grind my way back to the skill I had before but didnā€™t have the motivation this week because of exams being physically draining as well as friends needing help on Ark. Iā€™ll be back to my glory days probably by the end of the month and be showing off new stuff, if there is anything left to find. With Kan-Raā€™s playerabse being as crazy as it is I might not have anything left to find lol.

1 Like

I actually forgot to stress that @ItzTymeToDulā€™s Ra is REALLY good. In time I hope to surpass it, wonā€™t be easy, just takes time and Iā€™m lazy lol.

Dude you can do it lol

1 Like

Thanks Dad. :joy:
You can do it too! WE can do it TOGETHER!

1 Like

Not sure what that means but your mistakes shall be forgotten.

Thx for your support and keeping that thread alive guys.

1 Like