Kan-Ra setups

Hi guys. Would someone that has Mira unlocked test to see if she can break Kan Ra’s command grab? I’ve had it happen to me 5 times so far. Got a video of the 1st time it happened.

She seems wonky. For example, and I don’t know if this happens against other characters but she gets pushed back too far for b+FP to connect after a FK.

I am sure this happend to me when I fought Thunder once. I was like, ‘WTF… eh…whatever’ because I was winning anyways.

Maybe you can tech a command grab with another command grab at the same frame…

I have a video of this happening vs Glacius you can tech it up close with a regular grab posted a bug on this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FREEKY%20JASON/video/16760123

1 Like

I can’t replicate it in the training mode.
It might be an online only thing

Here’s the original “glitch” so that all can see how t works.

And here’s that setup I’ve been talking about… Combo afterwards is just a concept.

Tell me what you think.

1 Like

It might work from time to time, but I think the time it takes for Kan-Ra to land after the shadow scarab is just to long and react able.
This setup would be extremely good if we still could attack after air swarms. :weary:

EDIT: the super jump version looks pretty good though. I wouldn’t have blocked it the first time I saw it. You are pretty safe up there too and you come down fast. Will definitely add this to my WTF-mix-up list. Gonna show you a teleport mix up from that list soon (yes, kan-ra has a teleport guys…)

2 Likes

Kan-Ra Sandsplosion-Teleport mixup.

This is nothing you should take too serious, but you might wanna pull it off just for the lols

On block after a lvl 2 swarm ender (or a similar distance in neutral)
s.HP xx m.spike xx shadow swarm, sandsplosion, see what happens :wink:

Gonna make a video when I find some time

1 Like

I haven’t tested this yet, but I think that “Reverse Scarab” from a super jump might work after the Sand Spike ender into a flipout. You may have to walk up a bit, however, I think there may be a buffer trick that will allow me to get close enough to super jump…

Worst case scenario, this will work in Instinct…

clutch xx l.spike, crouch - let’s you switch sides with your opponent as long as you don’t move forward during the clutch animation.

Yeah, for some reason when Kan Ra moves forward during the clutch animation, his opponent ends up farther from him. This is evident in your observation and in the fact that medium juggle clutch wont connect if he moves forward during clutch.

Has anyone found any use for the flip out after using clutch? I think it can only be done after a hard knock down??

I know of 2 options to implement a flipout after a clutch, one of these options requires sand. Option one: After a clutch, do a medium sand spike and then flipout with a crouching light punch when the sand spike shoots them to you. On followup you have multiple options, you can clutch, check them with a command back firece, or just read a jump and air grab. could also use a stinger option since the sand will be right behind them. If you land the fierce check, they stagger right over your sand trap. If they bock it, the pushback pushes them right over the sand.

Option 2 requires instinct or a sandtrap near you. After a clutch, buffer a tornadoe/whirl and charge it. If timed right, when they are getting up it will act as an assist and meaty them and shoot them right back to you, when in air, jump back light punch cancelled into medium sarabs, the flipout will be floaty from the air and the scarabs will cover you on the way down and when on the ground afterwards. If you get lucky and are facing a toon with a huge hurtbox like arby, glay, aggy etc, it may catch and hit them if they goof up on blocking and you get another mixup/combo.

This setup is situational though and requires a sandtrap, so in instinct it’s more feasible to perform flipout clutch tricks

2 Likes

I found something really cool with kanra (only in corner setup) enjoy guys! https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=abf1f99a96b1fea7&id=ABF1F99A96B1FEA7!358&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AIDybJCwF4bpOxw (Also Have a in game one check this one out) https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=abf1f99a96b1fea7&id=ABF1F99A96B1FEA7!359&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!ABfF4qS4WUv9S4Q

9 Likes

Am I the only one trying to find setups for his block infinite?

1 meter, Instinct.

any close normal or special xx shadow spike xx Instinct, j.forward.HP, cr.MK, spike, cr.MK xx l.swarm, spike… Loop until your opponent decides to get hit.

1 Like

Or shadow counter of course.

Yeah some opponents tried that. It never worked. Don’t know why. It should work though

Depends on what they Shadow Counter.

Have you tried SC-ing at cr.MK, and then activate Instinct? Which characters have you tested this against? I’m sure Jago, Fulgore, Cinder, and Orchid can DP out of it after doing this… I haven’t tested it yet, but with Instinct and the initial frames of invulnerability, there’s gotta be a gap for it to work.

I’m also sure Arby can do something like Instinct into parry or Energy Shield…

yes shadow countering works.

Nothing else works because it is a true block string. They never leave block stun so they can’t do any moves

Is the window for SC-ing large enough to pop instinct?