Kan-Ra setups

I’m aware of the hitboxes. I just didn’t know it would win at such a small range unless you super jump.

I just found out that Cr.HK causes a hard knock down vs airborne opponents.

I came up with the following setup and made a video:

https://youtu.be/-2AFnAh8bVA

Lvl 2 swarm ender,
somehow land the clutch and swoosh forward with it,
follow up with l.spike. Your opponent will fly into the shadow swarm. Use that time to walk forward a little bit.
Cr.HK xx m.swarm. Your opponent will hit the ground with a swarm on top of them.
Move forward a little bit and as soon as they start to get up dash forward. You will launch forward making that swarm a super nasty cross up.
No you just gotta use a long range normal to continue.

3 Likes

Did you test this?

Yes. You can’t quick rise

1 Like

Then this set up is clean.

1 Like

Did a sequence including a lot of stuff I am working on at the moment.
It uses 3 hard knockdowns, 3 cross ups, several resets, a ghetto overhead and one (or two?) bug/s. And @JINXHAND might like it.

https://youtu.be/6XYUH2jsw94

I like the part where I super jump over him, canceling the j.HP (that doesn’t even touch my opponent) into shadow swarm and land back on the same side. I have no idea what the hell is going on there

5 Likes

That was so dirty i had to sweep my floor after watching it.

I’m actually scared now.

1 Like

Shut up. Kan-Ra is “low” tier and you are going to get him nerfed more.

2 Likes

Kan-Ra gonna get nerf in next season.

kappa

Why? He did nothing wrong Kappa

2 Likes

Credit for that cross up glitch goes to @JINXHAND. He discovered it. I just expanded it.

It’s tricky to use the overhead setups. You have to make sure that the swarm and the j.MK hit at the exact same frame as your opponent’s hurtbox appears after waking up. If you are too late they will be in block stun and auto-block the j.MK.

j.MK is active for 3 frames. So hitting that overhead is a 3 frame window.

You can use j.LK vs Arganos, Eyedol and Raam as an instant overhead. But I didn’t find a way to combo after it besides shadow swarm which is unsafe.

@lHagenl Appreciate the props! * bows*

When I first discovered the idea, it was from a regular jump into j.MK, then I tried doing sand dash into an instant j.MK. I was able to do this without the sand dash, but the sand dash is important, because it makes Kan-Ra land faster, giving more time to do other things. You can swap the sand dash with an actual super jump, and the setup still works! The original video is somewhere in this thread lol…

EDIT: here it is:
https://youtu.be/cVafhq2hh8I

When I saw that video you put up, I had no idea it could be done with a whiffed j.HP!!! You have indeed made this a stronger setup. I wasn’t too sure how I could make this effective, especially since this was done in early S3 where Kan was weaker, so I started working on Instinct setups/mixups. Eventually I will post some notes regarding that.

3 Likes

I always forget how much fun watching a good Kan Ra is. Appreciate you guys are still labbing with the old fellow.

I don’t think pressing any button before j.shadow swarm is necessary. My stupid hands just pressed that button and after I looked at what my recorded dummy was doing I was like: What the hell? Where did that j.HP go? I still don’t know why that move is cancelled. I wanna test if other stuff is also cancelled. Just had the idea to cancel a j.swarm into j.shadow swarm that way to maybe get 2 swarm in the air from 1 jump. That would be bonkers lol.

As I found out about cr.HK being a hard knock down and coming up with keeping them in check on wake up with a swarm, I remembered your buggy setup, because it just fits perfect with that sand under Ra’s feet.

I am still working on landing that stuff in a real match. Whenever I try it, I get so hyped that my hands just ain’t doing what they are supposed to do. That stuff in the video isn’t even hard to do. Besides that j.MK overhead at the end. I think I messed that up in the video, but the dummy wasn’t supposed to block anything anyway.

Still have to figure out if j.MK can ever hit as an overhead after doing the shadow clutch, dash, swarm setup. As I already explained, the game auto blocks lows and overheads for you when you are in block stun. And I am not sure why that is not true for cinder’s low flame thrower move :-/

Okay, shadow clutch, dash, l.swarm, j.MK is possible but it has to be timed right, so the game doesn’t block it for your opponent.
Still haven’t figured out what it takes to set it up correctly, but Kan-Ra has an overhead now. And it’s not easy to react to.

1 Like

@lHagenl @JINXHAND
Yeah I’d say that setup is really though to get down and pull off in a real setting but if you do, OH BOY! I haven’t been able to do it yet since you need a hard knockdown and without doing the scarab ender into the grab and THEN hitting them with the c.HK I can’t find any other way. Does (I’ll be able to look when I get home) the Launcher ender by chance cause a hard knockdown if there isn’t a juggle afterwards? Anyways, I’m gonna be doing some more testing with the setup and maybe see if I can find another way to reliably get a hard knockdown tonight. If I find anything crazy I’ll let you boys know!

The setup isn’t that hard. Already hit it a couple of times. Nobody blocked it yet. They get hit by the super jump cross up swarm and than again by the low on the same side. It’s glorious

I can finally pull the setup off consistently. I also have some new stuff that I think should be shared with the community. I’ll probably post some of it later tonight if I actually remember to do so.

But real talk, it’s crazy that we’re still finding all of these setups and whatnot. Character has been this way since the launch of season 3 an we have lost maybe half of the momentum we had at launch when it comes to finding setups. Just amazing how great the Lab boys are for Kan-Ra. Thought Kan-Ra would have been done for a while ago but he’s able to keep up. Just blows my mind.

Must be the skill of the Kan-Ra players Kappa :wink:

Always looking forward to new tech stuff. So please remember to post it :wink: