Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

Incidentally, I played a ranked match as Kan Ra against KI4LIFEs’ Hisako and managed to win. I guess that means I’m doing something right.

I agree. This is why I thought he was going to be reworked, so his tools would be more flexible because what he has now either ends up being really good or really bad.

I used to be able to do jumping Dune into weak Whirl once the Dune hit confirmed and start a combo. Now it seems like Kan Ra hesitates because I’m caught up in the charging animation for the tornado projectile. Anyone else notice this? Perhaps I’m holding down LP for a fraction of a second too long?

I screwed up so many punishes because of that. You gotta make sure you press that punch button for only a tiny split second.

1 Like

I played kanra vs Glacius today that mu is sooooo annoying to play for kanra players omg multiple hails followed by cold shoulder ggs now you in the conner with no good buttons lol

3 Likes

Good to know that I wasn’t the only one having trouble with this. Much appreciated!

lol! seems to be the case for him vs everyone now… unless its someone thats never experienced a Kan Ra… I haven’t beaten anyone with him since I got to Gold ranking…

right now I’m playing cinder, aria, and fulgore… A ■■■■ ton less stressful

I’m assuming there are still some Killers from the previous season still working their way up through gold right now but I’m with you man. I played about 10 games so far as Kan in ranked and didn’t win any of them. I know I’m not the best player in the world but I think I should have at least won some of those fights.

Already in Killer with Salt-Ra. I can say shadow sand spike is ok.

1 Like

killer rank Kan-Ra here. Shadow spike is the best move in the game IMO and the one and only thing that keeps me playing him.

It punishes everything and is an awesome full screen AA (like shadow shatter)
It is your bodyguard and protects you when you ■■■■■ up.
It slows down and let’s you breath during the match
It is an assist like move and it let’s you setup inescapable block strings (besides shadow counter).
It combos from every single button.
It buffs your clutch (I hope it’s not a bug)

Unfortunately it is unsafe on block, it is not an ender, it doesn’t help you early game and when you get hit/combo broken your sandsplosion is gone and you are done.

+/-
That move is soooo buggy

Honestly, I expect some nerfs. I had people rage quit because of it like it’s season 2 and unfortunately IG is obviously listening to them.

1 Like

it buffs your clutch.

Almost positive it was removed in the last patch. Tried it in the dojo and it didn’t make it anymore stronger.

It still hits like a truck. Kan-Ra has to stand near his shadow spike trap. The area around it where it works is pretty big actually.

EDIT:
I double checked. You either have to stay on top of the trap or in front of it. If you hide BEHIND it or too far in front of it clutch will do normal damage. Makes me think it is not a bug.

1 Like

How strange but I’ll take it. I was thinking earlier at work. I wonder if the boys at IG would ever consider the idea of Kan getting good buttons and frame data up close. He can’t use standing HP and MP up close and everything else is butt cheeks. I’d be happier about Ra if he had said buttons better.

I would also like more damage. Kan-Ra’s output is just pathetic and it seems like a bug that most of the time I can’t get more than a lvl 2 ender. I still have to work on my log out efficiency.

I’d like for cr.HP’s hitbox to be a bit bigger so that it can be a viable anti-air when necessary.

Another thing I’d wish for is better tracking with the stinger portion of Shadow Spike during juggles. There are some actual combos where the stinger will aim in the wrong direction, eliminating the immediate chance for curse vs the opponent.

Scarabs are way too weak. Not just in terms of damage, but overall. I don’t mind the damage nerf, but the other properties I’d like to return. Granted, that doesn’t mean scarab juggles into more scarabs will be useful, but it was a legitimate means of buying some time to increase distance between yourself and that awful 9-1 matchup (j/k)…

What is that 9-1 matchup? Just tell me and I will try to focus my thoughts on it in the MU thread.

I was just joking about the 9-1 matchup lol…

In all honesty, I feel like against characters like Glacius, Hisako, and Spinal those matchups are now more difficult with the S3 changes.

Is there anyone here really making a good use out of Monsoon? I’ve been trying to work on unblockable setups but I seem better off lanching my opponent with Sacrifice and juggling them with a scarab that was already placed. Shadow Spike is really useful though.

Everyone gets great new tools and most of Kan-Ra’s are now useless and nerfed.

nah that happens because of the new tornado business sometimes whirl starts to charge at opening when it should not also sometimes when you whirl at the start of a combo your sand will just disappear even though not tornado is created i’ve posted bugs about it in the forum

Agreed most times you can only get a lvl 2 even with using shadow linkers doesnt seem right