Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

That’s what I was thinking. When I think 50/50 I think overhead/low. Was trying to clarify

I only rely on clutch if the opponent I’m fighting is a heavy, like Aganos or Gargos during instinct. Actually, I use it vs Glacius, too, because they love popping Instinct then doing Shadow Cold shoulder, and at the very least Shadow Clutch seems to beat it out consistently.

For the Swarm option, I typically go for j.MK into regular or shadow Swarm. Depending on the MU, I’ll just jump backward to bait the DP, unless they’re not DP happy.

I will say however, I do wish Kan-Ra had the ability to TK his Swarms. That would make him more viable imo…

Tk his swarms?

It means tiger knee. That means you do the quarter circle but make it longer by making it go diagonal and do the move. This allows you to do it very close to the ground. It doesn’t always work with all moves though.

Gotcha. I’ve heard the term before but never knew what it meant.

So, forgive me if I just missed the topic, but was just practicing post-Ultra-Combo swings and spins (in practice mode) and I happened upon a move that I’ve never seen Kan-Ra do before. After the Ultra Combo I created a medium swarm, then I believe I hit medium punch and he grabbed the book he carries on his hip and swung it. I hat to stop playing shortly after but does anyone know how to repeat this maneuver? Is there any way to repeat that book swing that I’m just not finding?

After you do an Ultra,press medium punch and kick at the same time to do an Ultra ender which is Kan-Ra’s book.

1 Like

Ah! Thanks!

Fubuki 142 is just godlike.

You should all follow him on xbl to see when he is streaming. Very creative play and sick hit confirms into something awesome from out of nowhere.

1 Like

I hope he’s going to EVO. That would be so awesome to see him in top 8. I’m in the camp that still believes Kan-Ra is viable in tournaments. It’s only a matter of time before people start realizing it.

Yeah, I’d actually love to see that as well :slight_smile: Fubuki’s Kan-Ra is sick.

I’m guessing sleep gave up on kan-ra completely at this point?

Seems like it. The only Kan-Ra you’ll see is when the stream is called “Plz buff Kan-Ra”… I’d honestly would love to be surprised and watch Sleep bust him out in Grand Finals or something.

Maybe that will happen. Sleep’s just bagging on Kan-Ra so people will forget the matchup, and then BOOM, instant victory.

Well if CEO was anything to go by looks liek arbiter is his new main…till he gets nerfed. I’m not sure what sleep is going to do if he can’t stick to one character.

At least he hasn’t quit KI totally…

I just honestly know there’s more Kan-Ra players out there than 6 people. I expect there to be a million Jagos, Shagos, Wulfs, and Rashes (lol). But I do know somewhere out there are those Ra players who come up with all kinds of wizardry that makes Kan look top-tier, but we never see them actually do it.

2 Likes

Well seeing as how if you’re not named jago or wulf then you won’t get looked at much because you aren’t an easy character to play.

Kan-Ra is really technical, but I think he’s not just technical because of execution in terms of input timing, etc, he’s technical also because of how precise you need to be in your trap making. This right here turns people away from playing him. He’s literally a hodge-podge of Dhalsim, Zangief, Bridgette (GGXX), and a dash of RobberSoul (JJBA).

And yeah, you have Jago, and Wulf and they’re very easy to use, and thus the reason they’re a “dime a dozen”.

Easy come easy go.

It’s funny because I run into this situation going into Exhibition after playing Ranked all of the time. The opponent’s last played character is probably someone they’re just messing around with (Like lvl 30 or below) but when they see my lvl 50 Thunder or Kan Ra they go right to their lvl 50 Jago almost all of the time.

Then it makes me roll my eyes when they take a match from me and start the taunting/tea bagging because it’s like “Don’t be too happy with yourself because literally ANYONE can be good with Jago!”

I feel more comfortable with Kan-Ra. Right now I have a lot of time to grind the ladder and I make good progress.

It’s my goal to develope a game plan for every matchup. Most of it is just “simple” keep away.

But than there are those matchups that require a special plan.
E.g. stuff like several jump back HK in a row prevent Spinal players from doing random teleports. I do that kinda things to send a message “teleport and you eat sand”.

I also try to find use for moves I rarely use.
St.LP after a throw beats the sometimes obvious shadow wind kick. It also beats anything that cinder does after a blocked trailblazer (not 100% sure).
Also, whirl trades with cold shoulder BUT whirl knocks down while could shoulder doesn’t.
St.MK is +2 on block and awesome for frame traps.

I have a lot of fun testing out stuff in training mode, although this mode is horrible.