Joanna Dark & Earthworm Jim for Season 4, yay or nay?

I’ve been waiting for JD to come to KI since season 1. Perfect Dark and Ki can share the same universe just like Ninja Gaiden share with DOA.

3 Likes

I like how he just has the BATs character Rongos moveset just with audio quips on each move… this was my first 3d fighting game that i could play at home. (altho never had the PC version and only learned of EWJs appearance in the game like last year). (OG Virtua Fighter was my first 3d fighter experience and I think was actually the first fighter in general… not sure tho)…

1 Like

No more guests. Joanna is bittersweet, I can see how she can be cool but I’ll pass on more guests

Not Earthworm Jim. wtf?

1 Like

Joanna please

I’d prefer some cool originals but if it’s a guest character I’d rather Jim over joanna, she just doesn’t interest me at all.

I wouldn’t mind Joanna if she does some Gun Kata stuff like this:

Jim though…No…I’m not one of those that would be against guest characters, but Jim? No, I don’t see how that would be a positive addition.

1 Like

Love me some Toshinden. <3
However, he was just a reskin for Rungo.

1 Like

Please no?

FTFY, good buddy!:grinning:

2 Likes

You’d think it would, but IG have declared (repeatedly) that they -paraphrasing btw- have no intention of making any of the guests canon to the KI lore.

This is something that I just do not understand when it comes to something from the Rare franchise. Soul Calibur kind of explained how Spawn was involved in the story of SC2 and (as far as I know) no body really batted an eye.

Rash could be explained by the dimensional rifts opening up everywhere just as Joanna could have been introduced through Ultratech’s rise to power in the power vacuum of Datadyne’s demise by Joanna’s hand.

But no, none of the guest characters have any place in the canon of the KI lore and therefore have no place in the game, except for drawing the attention, so a wider audience try’s the game out.

This might sound like a damning statement, but I understand why they have brought in the guests from bigger IP’s.

Why not bring in Joanna? We could really use a gun kata character. Maybe it could be an original character that makes reference to Joanna?

I want Shadowrun included in the KI universe. Microsoft IP that is current and relevant and highly regarded.

Seriously, their universes are SOOOOO bloody alike in most general aspects that it’s not even a stretch, narratively speaking.

1 Like

What’s Shadowrun? Is this a fighting game ? Who’s the native & Duncan Wu

Its a cyber-punk RPG with orcs, elves, dwarves, trolls, magic, hackers, and monsters. They have fantastic stories. Its originally a D&D style board game i think but it had success with a SNES game and a Sega game (they were different but i havnt played them). They also did a FPS for the 360 in 2006 or 07 which I LOVED. All the games are published under Microsoft now.

The recent games are fantastic if you like story driven RPGs. I’m completely enamored with the universe.

1 Like

This character from Shadowrun Returns always reminded me of a Khan Ra costume. Shadowrun and KI both love top hats.

1 Like

Gaichu from Shadow Run deserves to be in the game a Red Samurai Ghoul. How is that not KI?

1 Like

Oh, no more guest characters please. I already feel like RAAM is more than enough.

They said Eyedol was too goofy to be in this KI and you know how that turned out. EyeDol came to KI and barely anyone cared (popular game sites). When IG was having the survey a lot of sites covered it especially because Joanna was part of the rumoured character.
For people not wanting JD in this game, remember KI is not just for you.

1 Like