Is Ultra-Combo.com DEAD?! KI Fam..u there? Hi!

I don’t suppose there are any OG Riptor statues available, are there?

Unfortunately no, from what I can gather.

Dam n. :frowning: That’s a shame.

Was thinking about this again and honestly… there are a couple million other Nintendo characters I’d want in KI over Samus or Captain Falcon and any one of them would be a better companion to DK in a switch KI. Namely Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, and Mewtwo. God could you imagine a KI Ganon. And if he was replacing Arbiter we could get a cool Hyrule Castle stage to replace Arena of Judgement.

1 Like

Ganondorf would be pretty sick, maybe he’d actually use his sword this time unlike smash bros lol

1 Like

Yeah. That’s it. I’ve made up my mind. A hypothetical KI’13 switch port where they replace RAAM with DK, Arbiter with Ganondorf, and Arena of Judgement with Hyrule Castle.

Maybe they couldve pulled a Tekken Tag 2 and include Nintendo themed attires for some characters, just to make the crossover more special…

download

I mean imagine something like a Samus inspired costume for Fulgore, a Ridley skin for Gargos, Captian Falcon Jago, Sadira as Shiek!!

1 Like

Man I’m late to this thread but just a little addition from my side, I will miss all you awesome people if this forum page ever closes down and I reaaaaallly hope it doesn’t.

At this point, they could come out with literally any and everything except an actual game, I’m not even going to act surprised if this happens.

2 Likes

Microsoft can buyout all of Bethesda and Activision Blizzard, yet surprisingly cant afford a single game studio willing and passionate enough to work on a continuation/sequel.

This is why we cant have nice things…lol

2 Likes

Such is the fate of so many old Rare IPs. I’m such a Rareware-nut it kills me they do nothing with them for such long stretches.

Indeed, unfortunately. I would LOVE to see some of their cancelled projects such as Urchin, Dream, and Sundown become games someday.

Not to mention just more, and more regular, entries in their legacy franchises. Battletoads, KI, Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Sabreman, Jetpac, Kameo, Viva Piñata. They all have so much potential! But they’re all just sitting there unutelized. We get like one game here and there with no promise of a reprisal. The Battletoads and KI reboots were great! Hopefully the new Perfect Dark isn’t dead. But they need to devote energy to these franchises the same way nintendo does, or used to in some cases, where you can expect one or more entries on every system the company makes.

After all these years it still bothers me that KI doesn’t have an even number of fighters. I don’t know how any developer can intentionally do that and not have it bother them.

Mortal Kombat 1, anyone?
220px-MK_character_select

(Reptile, Goro, and Shang Tsung dont count.)

It bothers me every time it happens. The fact that it happened in the last two MKs (three if your not playing on PlayStation) drives me up the wall.

As an OCD thing, I can kinda see where youre coming from.

1 Like

Not to mention I also like to pair characters on the roster up as rivals and when theirs an odd number I just can’t do that.

1 Like

Same here, I’ve always liked pairing characters with an appropriate Rival. Having an odd number though usually means one of them has to pull double duty via rematch.

Or you can always get creative and use “Random Select” as the 30th opponent in KI’s case.

Made a few scenerios where Ive sorta had my own fun from it, though it really takes a lot of imagination.

• Either “randomselect” being a “Mokujin” fight=aka fighitng an entity that has no shape, so for gameplay purpose reusing an existing character. Even with a random stage and character theme to add variety.

(Basically the Mimic from Shadow Lords if it were an actual character, much like Eleven in SFV.)

• Having it be a randomly chosen clone of an existing character created by outside forces, like for headcanon reasons, an AI built by Ultratech. So in a way, Ultratech itself is the randomselect, therefore a rival initself.

• Or treated as a “Reverse Akuma” style invasion, where for someone like Omen, Shago or Shinsako, their rival is chosen by whoever quote on quote “won the tournamnet” sorta speak. Meaning their rival is whoever the game decides via random.

IDK, just something to get some extra fun out of a fighting game I suppose… Plus the idea of "Randomselect being its own character" is something I tend to think about quite often.

Yeah. That’s kind of what I’ve ended up doing. Either that or the extra character just gets mirror moded when I play. In KI’s case it’s Rash (for me anyway) who’s left rival-less.

My favorite Idea that spawned from Rash being without a rival is to add one of the two brothers from Double Dragon as a guest to reference the old Battletoads & Double Dragon crossover game. Billy or Jimmy would be cool as hell imo. But we are never getting more fighters in KI’13.

Billy/Jimmy wouldn’t be a bad guest choice either, afterall they did have a good amount of fighting game adaptations to build inspiration from.

(Imagine a profile taunt that says “My Names Not Bimmy!!”)

doubledragon-1p-select

Regarding Rash though, Ive always pictured Mira as a potential rival, mostly because I kinda get “The Dark Queen” vibes from her.

I mean despite being Maya’s sister, in Rash’s case I sorta pictured he’s expecting to fight one person, but once he actually arrives onto the battlefield he takes one good look at Mira and shouts “Hey hold on a second, youre not the Dark Queen!” Kinda thing.

1 Like