Is Ultra-Combo.com DEAD?! KI Fam..u there? Hi!

Same, ngl whenever a new character was teased/revealed for this game, it really was a special time.

Waiting to see how they would look in-game, even having the special end-teasers to hint their designs via the previous trailers, to seeing how the retro costumes would look, what kind of cool stage we would get to fight on, to seeing their movesets streamed and showcased by the devs themselves, to even wondering how the theme-song of said characters would even sound, etc. etc…

Not a lot of games as of late captured that level of excitement for me, personally.

Which really makes the “Season 3.5” even more saddening, as it still felt they had alot of ideas to create more fighters, but sadly may never see the light of day. (The Sharkman “TJ” and human Ben Ferris come to mind in terms of scrapped ideas.)

2 Likes

I read something similar online from a reputable source. It gave a bit more details before being deleted. The game would be in the same universe but focus on other characters. The working title of the game is rumoured to be Wu Bang Klan, and it revolves around Kim Wu. You’d get to fight as the whole Wu family : Yuan Wu, Zhang Wu, Ma Wu and Bob Wu. Apart from “The Wus”, Kilgore would also appear as the main antagonist, given that he’s so popular with the KI fans. The post I read this in was posted on April 1st so you know it’s all true and not made up in any way.

Kilgore as the main villain? Now you’re definitely pulling my leg…

That might be true.

God I remember back when naive baby me was certain Season 4 was right around the corner. KI’13 was such a time to be alive. I miss it so much.

1 Like

I remember a while ago when the reboot was first happening, and Smash 4 DLC was also happening, and I wanted Banjo’s inclusion in Smash to be like… a trade. Banjo would be in Smash 4 and then Donkey Kong would get to be in KI. I still love the idea of that happening. Even though it never will (it just makes all the sense to me because of the history of Rare). But man…

Banjo would be in Smash 4 and then Donkey Kong would get to be in KI.

If MS actually allowed the current KI to be on Switch, would’ve been pretty sick if Nintendo actually offered two of their own guests to fill the roles of Arbiter and Raam (assuming Halo and Gears are off limits.).

Frankly I’d imagine Samus and Captain Falcon filling those spots, but a more vicious version of DK wouldn’t be too bad either. Especially since Rare’s involvement.

Could even give him Maya’s stage for the HeroArt wallpaper/survial mode.

3 Likes

I ■■■■■■■ love you

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind sharing privately who said it I don’t know if that will add any weight to it. I may just ask him again

I’ll ask if I can share

Edit : he just responded, and this is what he

((((
Just saw the message! thanks for the heads up bud.

as for the future of KI, i know there WILL be one. if not a new game, maybe something else. That’s all they told us. stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:))))))

1 Like

A musical? :thinking: A novelization? :thinking: An underwear line? :face_with_monocle:
Endless possibilities.

1 Like

Maybe even a ceral box tie in. Skies the limit.

Wait… wrong sponser…

3 Likes

Thinking about this again… maybe it’s a Microsoft crossover game using KI’s battle system where we can have DoomSlayer beat up Banjo-Kazooie with Ultra Combos.

An Xbox branded “smash bros” styled game is definitely long overdue.

(Shout-out to Thorgi’s Arcade)

Then again, Nicktoons All Star and Multiversus didnt do too well despite being recent… then theres Playstation All Stars, which also flopped. :person_shrugging:

Multiversus was doing numbers before the developers stopped supporting it. People were in love with that game when it first came out.

The novelty of Tom and Jerry suplexing Super Saiyan Shaggy probably ran its course it seems.

That and the “free 2 play” format wasnt exactly in the best shape considering the lack of any modes or features. Even when Black Adam finally dropped, the numbers were already starting to teeter off a bit.

I’d be pretty happy with a ki cerial

1 Like

“Introducing new KI anti-fungal cream. Give that fungal infection an Ultra Combo!”

JK In all seriousness, though, I wouldn’t mind like more figurines, especially of KI1.

As neat as the Ultimate Source figurines were, I was very disappointed that theyre the only real KI figures to exist… (aside from that new retro Fulgore statue that weighs like a ton…)

Personally, I kinda pictured NECA to make their own line for KI considering the posability could’ve been alot like the recent Mortal kombat Figures.

2 Likes

DUDE! I LOVE that Fulgore statue! :smiley: I had no idea that had been released.

That new Fulgore statue and the elusive Rash statue by Triforce appears to be the holy grails of KI figurines.

Apparently the rash is also large in scale, even when compared to the Ultimate Source figures.

1 Like