Is there ANYTHING that would justify losing FIVE stages?

A few things:

1. When did I say entitlement? I’m sorry it grinds your gears. It grinds my gears when people tell me I said stuff I didn’t say…

2. I’m really getting sick and tired of hearing people talk about what they paid for, when they haven’t even announced the price for S3 yet. If you don’t think the devs deserve your hard earned money, then by all means keep it. There’s no other argument to make.

3 Likes

S1 Stage Ultras would do it for me.

I’m not so concerned with only 3 stages in S3 right now because there is a chance that the upcoming characters have direct links with others and that it makes sense for them to share a stage.

I just really want S1 Stage Ultras so I can finally feed my opponent to the Kraken.

6 Likes

Some people don’t understand that they are going to make characters that share a stage for a particular reason. Me personally I would rather have dojo for all of the fighters just to learn some stuff that really didn’t know

1 Like

I think this is a great justification for only 3 new stages. Being that they would have to completely rebuild the old stages to add in the new stage ultra… that would be justification IMO.

1 Like

At this point I’m over it. It is what it is fellas and lasses, hate to say it but, move on.

It wasn’t like they did it to intentionally hurt the community, they did it because as developers they felt it was the best decision. Maybe I am too trusting, but regarding my standards, I have been pleased with almost everything from IG.

5 Likes

TBH I think the new lighting is enough of a trade of. I’d rather get improvements to 20 stages that get 5 new ones. I’d be singing a different tune if we didn’t get themes for all characters, but we do, so it’s fine.

Besides, whatever else they’ve done for the season is probably going to be great, so how about we lower this sudden ranting until we have the full details. We should have them in the next few weeks so be patient.

In the next 3 weeks, you mean, seen the game comes out in 29th March

Semantics, man

Ultimates…oh wait…
Humiliations…oh um…

Stagger?

There are staggers. They showed up something during the S3 balance.

I know…

1 Like

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:21, topic:5747, full:true”]
A few things:

1. When did I say entitlement? I’m sorry it grinds your gears. It grinds my gears when people tell me I said stuff I didn’t say…

[/quote]Maybe not the word specifically, but ‘magical fairy wand that will just grant everyone all their wishes for free and any sort of practical choices don’t matter’ is pretty much the same thing.

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:21, topic:5747”]
I’m really getting sick and tired of hearing people talk about what they paid for, when they haven’t even announced the price for S3 yet. If you don’t think the devs deserve your hard earned money, then by all means keep it. There’s no other argument to make.
[/quote] I did pay for Season 1 & 2…those are getting the season 3 updates as well, whether we like it or not. Personally I’m still not fond of the fact that everything I had unlocked prior to season 2 got reset…multiple times. Heck, half of my unlocks got transferred over to my son’s account somehow. But I digress…

My point is, they should have been more upfront on what they’re delivering from the get-go, It’s not a full complete season in the same sense that the first 2 were, but for the past few months they have pretty much implied that it would be by calling it ‘Season 3’. Call a rectangle a rectangle…if you make it shorter call it a square…don’t go on & on about how a square is still technically a rectangle.

…that being said, I really should stop arguing. I really don’t care that much about it…I mean it’s not like I’m going to storm out, throw controllers, delete accounts, & other forms of rage out just because of the stages thing. It’s disappointing, but not deal-breaking.

Honestly to go back to the OP though…Eyedol would have to be a given for justification…individual per-character training…updated retro KI music…I want my full orchestra KI2 Conan the Destroyer style Tusk theme dangit!!!

3 Likes

What do you mean Tag mode? Do you mean like Marvel as in you get two pick to characters and fight against two other? That wouldn’t work unless they built a team fighting mechanic like Marvel. MK had 2 v 2 and it was hardly played because there was hardly any difference. It just felt like you played your character until it died or switch in between rounds. There wasn’t any synergy between them.

If you mean two different players vs two others, that’s just a massive meh. Wouldn’t even be friendly for those who only play single player content. Getting matched by a random and then getting yelled at for losing. Sounds terrible to be honest.

I am sorry, and I really don’t want to offend anybody but I honestly believe what I am going to say.

First: By fixing shadow effect and lightning, they fixed things that nobody had a problem with

Second: I believe there’s a real chance that they did run out of time lightning the new stages, and then saw they had no time to add new ones, having to make the hard choice of cutting that content. They’ll never admit this because it would make them look bad. But I genuinely think they managed the project wrong. No new content justifies cutting stages and shifting the route of “a stage per character” followed by 2 seasons.

Am I a moron? Am I talking out of my ■■■? Probably, but this is what I really believe. I have seen too much corporate PR BS over the years. So yes, I believe the devs are not being honest with this. Not because they are evil, but because they professionally can’t admit it in public. I love them, they love us. But I have had to pull serious BS at my job several times to keep it, because reasons. You can’t always reallistically be honest, even if you are good natured.

9 Likes

gameplay

Tag Mode is a 2v2 setup where one player fights at at a time, tagging the other player in when needed. I don’t play Marvel vs Capcom, think MK9. Both players would have their own lifebar, but would share an Instinct and KV meter (and maybe shadow, or tagging would require one stock of shadow) to work within the KI structure to prevent things from getting too crazy. Everything else would work the same as it does now. The back and forth and risk/reward game would remain unchanged.

I’d also be completely happy with a Team Battle mode. Any type of mode that isn’t based around ‘practice’ or solo play that I can enjoy with a friend would be huge.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I don’t see any appeal in this mode. The game is exactly the same except you have an extra character. In Marvel at least you would have team combos and supers and even assists. The MK9 tag team mode was too plain and dull and didn’t really change up anything. I mean they could probably easily add it to the game but I don’t see the appeal minus an extra health bar.

I love it when people actually use logic and reasoning. Thank you. You get a like from me. :wink:

Agreed. However, the purchase price should reflect less content not lost.

There’s still time, IG / Microsoft might surprise us with something unexpected.