Is the KI community starting to quit?

For me, KI isn’t dead at all. I’m just taking a break since we’re in a bit of a dry time with content and dev updates.

I’m just waiting for the confirmation of Season 4 or on-the-side DLC.

As evidenced by many above me, KI is likely not “dying” so much as it is suffering from by-products of major release season kick-off and possibly some folks (like myself) sitting out a bad patch. But, this is the internet, after all, where irrational hyperbole is as good as facts and data for many.

Somewhere above, someone posited that KI players are leaving for SFV because of poor community management, and I have to say that if you honestly believe these folks are playing SFV because of it’s superior community management, you need to get that closed head injury taken care of ASAP. Capcoms response to the Ryutkit fiasco was an apology for “inconvenience” and the announcement of more paid cosmetic DLC. Around EVO, they also said that the success of their CPT cosmetic sales will “determine” the amount they put toward the CPT Finals pot bonus, which sounds almost like strong-arming the tourney scene, but could’ve just been poor choice of words. Any way you cut it, Capcom’s community support is virtually non-existent, so that argument is downright laughable.

As for me, I am taking a break from KI because this input mishap is detrimental to my enjoyment of the game, and I feel like I have to drill anti-bug tech in the meantime, which is not my alley. I’d rather play Overwatch while they iron out the kinks, and so I do.

2 Likes

Still pick up KI every now and then, but the frequent bugs in it have been a downer of late. Also, I’ve been really focusing on Destiny: Rise of Iron and its Raid of late. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Without a major announcement of updates and/or Season 4, the idea that everyone that’s “taking a break” from this game is suddenly going to come back and the community will continue to grow and thrive is naive at best.

1 Like

Update 3.5 will have absolutely have new content. Shouldn’t be long until we start talking about it. Also keep an eye out for a crazy powerful SL pack this weekend. :slight_smile:

11 Likes
  1. Super cool about 3.5
  2. If someone were to, just hypothetically, be on an airplane all weekend and have no access to Xbox live until the 21st, will the SL pack stick around or would this hypothetical person be SOL?
1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out for sure! Looking forward to both 3.5 and the pack this weekend. Much appreciated!

Trust me. :wink: Season 4 will be jam packed if so much content if we keep being that rusty nail scratching on a chalkboard. #KIseason4 #Off-Topic #Feedback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSsFSpJORQ

Guess what guys… GEARS OF WAR 4. That is all. Buh Bye.

TBH… I hated it.

I never got to play it yet, what were the major faults?

I don’t…

I haven’t had a chance to play for a couple of weeks. Nothing against the game because I love it; just life: work, the house, dating, other hobbies. Sometime you get home and all you want is a bottle of beer and to go to sleep because you are so busy. I finally just finished a novel that I’ve been picking at for over a month.

1 Like

I agree. One thing that is bumming me right now, besides the bugs, is the fact that it is taking me sometimes 5 to 10 minutes to get a match online. I know that I’m not the only one having this issue as Acidglowx was streaming the other night and it was taking FOREVER to get a fight. Some days I can find matches super fast, but lately (since the Gargos patch), it feels deserted. :frowning:

there’s no fun sitting at a “Searching for Opponent” screen for minutes on end. I know people hate Sadira but being avoided all together makes Sadira sad.

1 Like

The for Sadira still lingers online. Can confirm.

Youre going to find things like that in just about any competitive multiplayer game out there. Fighting games especially and they are much more intimate. Just find a good crew to play against.

Me personally I’m going to attend SCT 2016 before I go play other games. Bioshock Collection, Destiny Rise of Iron, Forza Horizon 3, Overwatch Halloween event, and Titanfall 2. I like to play other games as well.

Wanna play a set?

Can’t say but I will admit, I am a little tired of some of things going on with KI. Not that it matters though.

Is the KI community starting to quit?

No, just playing new games and playing shadow lords.

/thread

6 Likes