Is the KI community starting to quit?

People are playing new games(many won’t come back to KI). And competitive players aren’t playing Shadow Lords. They are playing other fighters. KI is on the way out without some surprise announcements.

For some reason, people believes that without new content soon, the game will die.

The only guilty here its the game itself, which gave us regular content so much time. Many games are out, give you one or two downloable expansions, and die. KI has been giving us new content from 2013.

Game launchs in 2013.
2 New chars in the begining of 2014
New season at the end of the same year
One character per month until May 2015
New story mode in June/July
One beta character in August(Rash)
New stuff like combo assist
New character, Shago, on december 2015
New season in march 2016
New characters each month until August
New mode, shadow lords, September
We are in october, with new content to shadow lords and new patchs coming, and the game is dying?

With all my respects, that’s bullshit

18 Likes

I hope not.
I started to play KI with the release of Gargos and I just scratched the surface of the game.
Of course life and other games keep me away on playing KI constantly but I enjoy it a lot and I quit MKX just for him so…

…don’t let it die! KI doesn’t deserve that.

3 Likes

Stick to the thread and dont go calling other ppl kids with that edgelord pic.

I dont want the game to die, this one is the only reason why i bought xbox instead of ps4 (even though im loving halo 5 atm), but my concerns are about ranked, we could have 1 trillion new ppl from placement matches to silver rank and i would never notice, i started the thread stating that my main problem is killer rank being so unbalanced atm

KI will die the day MS pulls the plug and stops supporting it. Until then, people will come and go. Right now, my focus is primarily Destiny on both Xbox One and PS4 (I’m a clan admin, so its kinda like having a second job). Next month Skyrim is coming out… so Yeah, I won’t be playing much, but I will jump into some ranked every now and then.

2 Likes

I mean…you could just not play ranked? I never bother, finding matches in exhibition is much faster and the sets are longer so it’s better anyway.

3 Likes

You’ve said this over and over, which I guess we are supposed to think strengthens your point. But there hasn’t been a single moment since launch day 2013 when the ONLY game I was playing was KI. Some of those other games I dabble in and some consume my life for big chunks of time. But I’m still playing KI. Fighting games are not games with a beginning middle and end. You don’t “finish” them and you can come back to them whenever you want.

So, you can define the “many” in your “many won’t come back” in a lot of different ways so I won’t say you’re wrong. But it doesn’t support the conclusion that the game is dying.

7 Likes

Mostly personal reasons.

Which can be found here:

Maybe its because I havent used exhibition since the beggining of s3, sometimes i forget it even exists. Im gonna give it a try since you put it that way, maybe Im missing something funny

Also, @DanielBetse you should consider something: You pointed out that you are now around top 250, while some time ago you were top 700.

My guess: Maybe you are getting better and achieving better results?

Also, making points its not related to the number of fights, but the opponent. Who deserves more points, a guy who wins 100 fights against bronze players, or a guy who wins 2 fights against top 32 players?

I got around 400 points yesterday for winning a match against someone who was top 50. You are getting more points(and better position in the leaderboards) because you are beating good players, not because there are clearly less good players

1 Like

Actually this is a good point that I sometimes take for granted. The best way to know how many people are playing ranked is to be a basement level Killer (which I am) and occasionally hit zero points. If you look at your ranking at zero points that tells you about how many Killers have played matches this month. It’s not the only or even theoretically the most accurate measure if the number of ranked matches being played but it is a measure we can check consistently. Normally a zero rank after the first couple of days puts you around 2500-3000. My box is updating at the moment but I will drop in my current stats in a little bit, provided it finishes before I have to head to the airport.

EDIT: so I tanked a match to get down to 44 points but it puts me at 1680. That means a zero is probably around 1800-2000, which is lower than the average since S3 started but only by 20-25%. I.e. Not dying.

2 Likes

Zero can actually be a much lower point, since lots of killers only play one match per month to mantain range.

And we are not considering gold, silver, bronze, qualifiers and people who never play ranked, including pros(there are pros who only plays offline)

Yeah, so you need to keep the data in context. I’m just comparing it to other values I’ve seen at zero.

In any event @Dayv0 is right. I tanked another match (the things I do for you guys) to hit true zero and it ranks me at 2456. This is not far from my perceived average for this measure (I haven’t recorded them which is an unfortunate gap in our experimental data, but my best estimate is that this sits around 2500-3000 most of the time). Recognizing that it is far from perfect and is at best an indirect measure of ranked league participation - this value certainly doesn’t lend any support to the idea that KI is dying.

2 Likes

Think what you want. I don’t care enough to do this. Lol.

please take off the sadira flip out and give us damages and recapture instead. this flip out is so frustrating :sweat: for boths players.
@BlitzedKraig

2 Likes

Sadira with a recapture sounds just bonkers.

Bonkers, I tell you.

7 Likes

People still support/play Super Smash Bros. Melee. All you need is strong numbers.

1 Like

And a strong passion for the game. With a lot of ppl playing.

1 Like

Yeah I quit…my bitching.

I’ve noted all the complaints to the Ultratech HR. Unfortunately, those you of who have left or are in the process of leaving will not be compensated. If the HR centre has not satisfied you before you left then you’ll have to talk to my CEO. Oh and there is no coming back…once you leave…you are no longer permitted on Ultratech property. If found trespassing the punishment is death. Have a nice day!

2 Likes

:grin: With or without intrusion some of us are already dead since s3 begins.

Returning patch after patch, with the hope of being revived, but we buried more and more.:confused:

1 Like