Is shin Hisako good?

Very good stuff people.

1 Like

the instinct is a great pressure tool. people start to sweat buckets when you hit them with the exchange ender and the hands are parked right on their asses. they know if they dont move they’ll get caught so the guessing game begins. if they jump, they’ll get meaty into a combo. if they try to grab, there’s a chance you’ll forward dash to make them whiff and go into combo, or you’ll do the spirit orb set ups for the downward angle fireball, or the meaty ground fireball to stuff wake up. the options start getting pretty nasty for shin hisako. so, good idea on just taking it out of the game immediately if you have the life and the confidence to do that.

(off topic) I had a werid dream that shin glacius and shin kan-ra would be a thing 
 Wtf

1 Like

Eh. I would wait to until she is available to play for free one day. She is alright.

She’s extremly strong, has good range , some safe pressure with her rekka (as long as you do one) , has plenty of cross-ups on the ground AND in the air , her orb is perfect for forcing the opponent to come at ya while u wait it out and can play a decent mid-range zoning which is especially devious against Tusk and Raam who literally struggle to move because her projectile covers all the ground meaning no Low Profile or dodges except TJ Combo Roll.
Her real weak point is zoning or Point blank pressure:

1. Speaking of Zoning , she can’t simply dash in , so she has to use her orb to move in her stead. Problem is that you have to be ready and while the orb gets close to the opponent u have to dodge everything while keeping the screen stuck or else it’s just constant running away (had an Aria player do me this and pretty much all glacius). True you have her QCB+PP that goes full screen and QCB+KK is immune to projectile 
but both of them are really risky since u need to be sure the opponent whiffed something or else it will cause ur death and u’ll just waste meter.
    2)On point blank wake up DP is literally worthless because of it’s angle. If u simply jump on the other side , or neutral jump , she will go on the other side and on the way down it’s full punish.

Her Strongest tool is defenitly her Instinct and while many say it’s weak is probably one of the most effective on the game cause it’s not meant to cause real damage but rather scare the opponent. 2 Choices for him , Jump away and risking getting juggled or Straight up 20% damage AND Oki for Shin. Additionally it’s perfect to stop glacius from using his puddle since apperently it will still drag him.
Her other stronger tool it’s her Launcher Ender which gives u a free set-up on wake up which can be looped a lot of times and it’s her go to ender since she has no battery ender and can’t apply the curse on the opponent mid-screen. Damage ender is worth only at the very end to finish of the opponent.

Shin hisakos gameplay relies heavily on fkin with your opponent’s head, she has so much moves to mix up with most people will buckle under the pressure. As long as you use many mixups during the match the opponent’s won’t know where to block, then follow up with a recapture.

I’m beginning to think her mix ups are too strong. It’s literally impossible to guess right with any consistency against her. The same mix up can hit in front or behind with no tell, natural human variancy on the timing causes it to change, and even if you guess right she’s plus on block. Heck, teleport attack is basically a plus on block tail flip, think about that for a second. I’ve been sitting in the top ten for ranked all month with a 86%ish win ratio and that doesn’t feel right, the strength of the character is totally carrying me.

1 Like

All her mixup options are unsafe.

1 Like

I don’t mean her slash through or overhead mix ups, those I actually think are too weak. I’m talking about the “I knocked you down now guess right on this left/right meaty orb which if you block you then have to guess right on this left/right/high/low/throw mix up which if you guess right on leaves me safe/plus and only then will I maybe attempt the unsafe mix up.” mix ups.

I have the strangest feeling that with the next oatch, they are going to remove the hard knockdown from the launcher ender. They might also remove the hard knockdown from Instinct.

1 Like

While I do see what you’re saying, I don’t think she’s too strong for a vortex character in KI.

Fulgore does the same stuff, for more damage, from a safe far away position. He’s also a character who has a lot more tools than shinsako. Spinal has an even stronger vortex game as well, and Orchid has the same kind of strengths for more damage as well, and considerably stronger neutral game.

Shinsako has a really strong vortex game, but I believe her low damage output and somewhat awkward neutral game make up for it. There’s also the fact that once you block right on wake up, her next setup will be unsafe unless she can cancel into instinct or she already has the hands out.

You think about fulgore or spinal for example, or even orchid, and they get to keep going and creating momentum after their vortex even if you block right, forcing you to keep blocking or use shadow counter to take back momentum.

Yeah but Fulgore and Spinal both have resources they have to manage to get their balls rolling, and Orchid’s offense isn’t on the “you have to guess” level. But yeah Shisako is a little gimped in neutral, if someone can consistently react to slash or overhead, which are both on the easier end of reactability, she has very little to get things started without getting cheeky so i guess that’s her balancing factor.

1 Like

Her dp is ■■■ for her invincible one. moves way too forward vs any other. If some had the issue of being to horizontally challenged her’s is to horizontally gifted. This means that even if it’s in the ranks of the quickest dp’s it can be messed with soley due to how it’s flies as an aa or on wakeup

Launcher ender is good but she doesn’t have the ■■■■ like Orchid does with grenade setups and highlows/crossups or whatever she plans, the stuff Hisako can throw up in 2 seconds isn’t much and Orchid can cover her approach with much more bs with her instinct, less clunky dash, grenade, or better yet the threat of a low hitting slide if you throw out a high recovery move. Her damage ender is ■■■, only good for the shadow one since HKD ender does 2-3% less damage but offers great Oki.

QcB+KK has the same problem as Kim Wu’s. It has projectile invincibility but like so wonky to use and the air travel time and the long startup hitbox. Her spirit orb travels too slow to be use as a way to get in or provide a sustained threat to zoners. It’s a set up projectile first and foremost and everything else a distant 2nd+.

Her instinct isn’t that good because once they are hit by it it loses all it’s impact of it’s threat. It’s better to eat the instinct rather then deal with the semi-safe counterbreakers, mid combo crossup/not crossup resets. Her juggles aren’t that good actually so that is a good thing for them to jump. So they can either eat the low juggle damage that you may potentially drop, not react in tine to aa them into a juggle, get combo broken or 20% damage and Shinsako’s Oki game from the instinct which isn’t that much of a threat and she loses the utility of the instinct.

For instinct her’s is on the meh side. Kilgore can be a fire hazard from any range, Fulgore turn on his “kill all blockers” protocol, Eyedol is basically has the ■■■■■ as he drops damage allover the place, TJ is “now I can do the everything”. They can get 20% damage or more multiple times over the course of their’s instinct duration and multiple Oki from it. She only gets one

TL:DR she’s got big problems. Might as well pick Black Orchid or Kimberly Wu since they don’t get super walled by zoning in most cases and they can dash which really goes along way.

This just sounds like a lack of imagination rather than a serious character breakdown. Let’s do a set!