Is a SaltRant thread okay?

Your post was almost legit, save the fact that you spelled everything correctly and used punctuation. Please correct. :smiley:

I AM THE MAN WHO GRABBED THE SUN, RIDING TO VALHALLA!

anyway quick back on topic post, i really hate runaway gargos -_-

I really hate finding out that your saved data is corrupted. :frowning: Square One… again. :frowning:

oh man that is some real salt. you ever consider just getting the PC version?

Why does your save data get corrupted so much? That seems like a bad problem :confused:

I’ve never once had my save data corrupted, and I’ve had the game since launch. I have no idea how your luck could be so terrible Ragnarok :confused:

It’s absurd, but the good news is it was the stored data on my NEW Xbox that went bad. Once I cleared it out. Uninstalled KI and all of its parts and then did a clean reinstall, I got a cloud sync notice and my content (at least most of it) was restored.

It hates Sadira. :smiley:

I’m seriously afraid to touch Shadows due to it corrupting my last save file.

#BRINGBACKWULFDAMAGEBUFF2016

But for real, my poor baby (Wulf) has gone through so much, they clipped his enormous wulf genitalia and replaced it with little fragment of what they used to be.

/endsalt

Generally, I don’t like being too negative, but if this is a salt thread, I’ll let some salt flow here a little bit. My biggest issue, and I know it’s just me, but for me, Sabrewulf is not fun to use in this game, which sucks, because he’s always been my favorite character.

He’s good from a utilitarian standpoint, but he’s just not very fun to use once you get passed the excitement of his mix ups. I think he’s kinda dull compared to a lot of the regular IG character designs and well, the DH designs as well.

For one thing, his move list seems much smaller than most other characters. A high move and a low move off of run, an uppercut, ragged edge and eclipse.

Now, I won’t compare that to other characters, as some have a similar number, some have more, and some feel like they have a lot more. But I’m talking about Wulf, my favorite character, not the others.

Take Wulf’s instinct. I get why it’s useful and I get why it’s balanced the way it is, but I honestly get zero enjoyment from it and I’d hazard to guess that a lot of the more lower level players don’t bother to take advantage of it.

Before, when he popped instinct and had the damage increase, it was fun to have that feeling like your character just hulked out and now you can buzz saw through your opponent. I’m actually okay that they took this out, but now we’re left with chip damage (snooze) and feral cancel, which again, isn’t something I enjoy working with.

So the question becomes, do you keep a move in the game that works properly but tends to skew more toward higher levels of play or do you find a way to make everyone happy and give him something that’s more useful in terms of all levels of play?

I’d rather have something like increased damage on enders, maybe through some graphical queue like green outlines of claw slashes or electricity or something, or maybe his special moves do a little more damage, so you get that claw slash effect or electricity effect when you hit an opponent with ragged edge or his variations off of run or uppercut or eclipse. I would say have a bat effect, but that’s kinda Mira’s thing now.

Either way, something like that would be more fun to watch and use at all levels.

I’d also like to see Sabrewulf get another special move, or perhaps more variations off of run than jumping slash, hamstring or uppercut. How about instead of three variations, we get six?

How about…

LP: Complete Stop: Wulf stops in place, ducked down, growling. LP can be held down for a few seconds. Releasing LP stops him from growling and he goes back to normal, but you can also back dash out of it.

MP: Jumping Slash: Perfect as is.

FP: Summersault: Wulf does a forward flip toward the opponent and then strikes with his claws (opener). Hold FP to charge and he’ll pause in place and turn the move in to Overpower.

LK: Hamstring: Perfect as is.

MK: Flip Kick: Does a backward flip and kicks the opponent in to the air. If opponent is not blocking and you press:

Toward + MK: Sabrewulf will follow the opponent in to the air, bite them, and fling them to the ground on the opposite side they were on previously, a sort of variation on his throw move, but does half the damage of his throw. Causes a hard knockdown.

Toward + LP, MP: Sabrewulf will follow the opponent in to the air, slash once and knock them away from him with his Diving Slash. Causes a hard knockdown.

FK: Uppercut: Perfect as is. As Flip Kick would have no ability to land a recapture on, as the flipping kick wouldn’t send the opponent high enough, this could be the move he can use leaping slash to recap off of.

Obviously, stuff would need to be balanced and I’m not saying that’d be easy, but the thing I love the most about IG’s character designs is how much variety many of them tend to have in their move lists and Sabrewulf just doesn’t have that. I’m not saying he HAS to. I’m saying I’d like him to, as I think it’d make him more fun to use.

Okay, salt rant over. Really wish @developers would consider some changes like this for Wulf though, as I really enjoy the character and I think they’d have come up with some really awesome stuff for him, had they built him from scratch, but as he is right now, he’s just not fun beyond his mix up game and like I said, that just gets old.

2 Likes

Can Spinal get a proper wake-up? Please?!?

Shadow Skeleport?

2 Likes

Better than what Rash has : /

yesterday I played again a guy that would guessbreak the hell out of me. Whenever I counterbroke inmediately he would also inmediately get locked. How ridiculous is that?? You can easily say he guessed more that he actually knew he was breaking because I was broken at frame 1. Changing strengths didn’t matter, using the same strenght didn’t matter, counterbreaking didn’t work and might cost me the match too.
And don’t tell me “oh, you are not dealing well with guess breaking”. Let me play offline with him and I will DESTROY THE …OUT OF HIM.

I hate online gaming because of this things. You can’t rely on timing at all.

Next time do opener->linker. It is guaranteed to always generate a timing lockout on someone who’s mashing breaking the instant they get touched. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Or a manual hit. Those things can have some serious delay to them.

I’ll let my salt flow, maybe it’ll be therapeutic…

Having spent the majority of my KI time in the last couple weeks or so reworking and/or tweaking my game has been maddening. For me, i’ll shoot 99% of a loss or frustration on something i f***ed up on. So when you sit and replay match after match of…dropped openers…missed punishes…late pickup on tendencies…a missed block…Yeah.

Then there’s playing the game live. You see a jump, you know your go-to punish in your mind, and you ■■■■■ your inputs. Or you’ll see that little walk forward and know a throw is coming and miss the timing. Or one of the worst, when you play a tight game, get that life into danger and miss your ultra into something that gets broken/dropped and lose. At my level, there’s also the chance you run into players that are major tournament contenders and get hit on a perfect. On a side note, KI has some of the most…i dunno, appropriate end match music for the losing end. Those long guitar notes and somber feel?

Or even just the studying of the game, sometimes. Looking at your character’s frame data to understand what should would and what doesn’t. Looking at resources specifically for this game. Even looking at just how other players in other games attack how to learn and build up a character.

It’s a combination of all those things. Plus, i know it’s all me, and stuff that can be fixed. So you grind it out in practice mode awhile. Spend some time in the Shadow Lab playing your own shadow. Seeing the stuff that you do wrong, objectively. Eventually get around to some extended exhibition sets where not only is the improvement not there, the result isn’t any better. Basically, it feels like your improvement is slower versus others who are doing the same.

Sure, a calm mind will tell me to grind some more. There’s no magic button, no secret trick, no quick fix to being good. Can almost put that on the simple fact alone that a lot of the other people you play against are doing it too. But i’ll be damned if that doesn’t get old to convince yourself of when you’re still losing and the improvement isn’t showing.

Getting salty for matches that end both in danger and the other player with less than 10% of life. So much salt because of this when happens more than three times.
I totally could have the match. Unless the other player really knows how to play, I’ll say it was luck. Specially for breaking me before the ultra.

It was going to happen again and because a bad input I hit counterbreaker. The person tried to break (of course it was guess breaking) and got bodied. But, if it didn’t? I would have lost that round. Life is cool sometimes. I’ll let my instinct/reflexes do counterbreakers, because my brain is not getting them.

After a full week with no luck, this right here is leaving me a bit salty I gotta admit…