Introduction animation?

I am just wondering is killer instinct going to have an introduction animation screen footage after the season 3 characters drop because I really like to see a really cool introduction screen when I first start of the game instead of just seeing the title of the game and message says press start you guys know what I am talking about?

2 Likes

Believe me, we would all love to see something like that and I think it would be fantastic. Unfortunately, chances are that they don’t have the time or the money to put something like that in. IG is working their butts off as we speak and though they have done great things with minuscule amounts of time, I think that would just be too much for them to pull off in time for season 3

2 Likes

Alternatively, maybe they did work on it and its being kept quiet as a nice little surprise?
One can never be too hopeful :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, that would indeed be a great, cool, neat, and awesome addition to KI :grinning:

1 Like

The game seriously need an attract mode. Something loud and brash like the old days. Max just did a utube video on his top 5 openings for fighting games and they all look immense.

2 Likes

Do modern fighters really NEED the attract mode though? I understand creating one for a game for which an arcade version exists, but since KI is home-console-only (and PC later obviously) I don’t really know that you need something along the lines of a Tekken, MK, or MVC attract mode.

I feel like in this case, an attract mode would simply serve as an opening sequence for the game itself, as a proper bit of window dressing for the game as a finished product, and I’d be 100% in favor of that over simply seeing the title screen.

Some sort of homage to the original attract mode, where you see a build up with the dev logos (with the music), the rise of the music when the logo hits, then you see one of the characters in action, then it freezes, you see their vital stats and a bit of their bio (along with the announcer saying their name)… I think that’d be pretty awesome.

Honestly, I feel like the assets for this are already in the game either from story mode, from season one bios, etc for the most part. I think that they could put something really cool together without having to generate a ton of new content for it, but I can’t say for certain how much time/money that would cost.

I’d actually prefer something like this over a full cinema intro like I’ve heard suggested before.

1 Like

Even if it went into a demo fight when idle on the title screen. It just needs to do something when idle

1 Like