Injustice now a backward compatible game

Do you have the disc? I think you should be able to put it in your console and it automatically install to hard drive.

Nope, got rid of my 360 when I bought the one, never felt like handling more than one consoleā€¦allready a backlog of games just on this one consoleā€¦(having a kid, moving and Skyrim does that to youā€¦)

Well, thatā€™s what happens when you donā€™t keep your games - you donā€™t get to play them.

To be fair thoughā€¦when the xbox one launched, they didnt mention this whole backward compatible thingā€¦otherwise I, and probably a whole lot of other people, wouldnt have done away with all their games when they upgraded to a newer system.

Not saying its their fault, they probably didnt have backward compatibility in the planning back then, doesnt mean it doesnt s*ckā€¦

Itā€™s largely why I went digital. Iā€™ll either always have it, or not care anymore once it eventually becomes unplayable.

Mostly have everything digital now aswell, going forward it is the best way. Only downside is that digital prices are slightly higher at release.

Thatā€™s interesting. In the us digital prices are the same at release. Must be an exchange issue. The digital prices tend to stay high longer since there is no incentive to move old stock off the shelves.

RE buying it again, Iā€™m sympathetic. $30 seems like a lot for a pretty old BC game. I actually still have my 360 and I kept all of my fighting game discs. So I actually still have access to Injustice now. I donā€™t play it. Which suggests I probably shouldnā€™t be too excited about this, but hey itā€™s good news for FG collectors like me. !we are eventually going to a world without discs, whether people like it or not it just makes no sense any more - the disc is just drm at this point. I will be getting Injustice 2 digitally, otherwise I might think of upgrading my disc to digital for Injustice 1.

I kinda screwed myself with Injustice, as far as BC is concerned. When it first came out my Nintendo fanboy brother got the Wii U version, so I did as well thinking there might finally be a game we could play together. But turned out he just rented it, and sent it back rather quickly because he is a prude when it comes to stuff like even mild language, leaving me stuck with a broken version of the game and noone to play it with. Yay me.
I also later got the PC ultimitate edition, but stillā€¦

My nephew came to my place and played it and loved it (he was maybe 11?). So I got him the Wii U version of the game. He played it quite a bit, but itā€™s definitely the gimpiest version.

Does it require the disc to play, then? Or is it only for installing?

It still needs the disc to play.

1 Like

Glad I kept my physical 360 titles then :grin:

Yes, if you install off the disc then you need to have the disc in the drive, essentially to verify that you still own it. Itā€™s DRM to keep you from selling the disc or giving it to all of your friends and circulating it.

Not to go crazy down this road, but this was the issue MS was trying to address with their limiting game sales policies at the Xbox One launch. As long as people are allowed to resell the disc or transfer it, then the physical media will need to be locked in the drive.

EDIT: Nothing is actually being run off the disc. It just sits there but itā€™s acting like a key.

1 Like

Mmmmmā€¦
*Goes to Microsoft store to buy it digitally.
Mmmm, 30 ā‚¬ seems to much. Letā€™s go to a store
*Goes to the closest Game
Hello, how much does it costs Injustice? Second handled
"Only 30 ā‚¬!"
Oh, really? That sounds veryā€¦
*Runs away

Seriously, 30 ā‚¬? Itā€™s like 32 $!
Probably they are going to give it free with Injustice 2, or with Games with gold when Injustice 2 is close. It would be a really smart move(the games with gold one). They made something similar when they gave us Metal Gear Ground zeroes when MGS5 was about to be launched

I think itā€™s $24.99 in the US. Iā€™m not sure the reason for the price difference. Do you guys have some sort of game tax?

I still have the disc. If I can ever get home I will fire it up.

Some examples:

Regular AAA game launch price
USA: 59 $
Europe: 69 $

Discounted game with gold:
USA:35 $
Europe: 40 $

It sucks. A lot.

I can confirm that, as the prices are the same in Holland.

This game is part of the week one holiday sale. In the US Xbox store itā€™s $7.99

@Dayv0 @Draigh

1 Like

Yeah I saw it.

Fair question: Can you actually have a decent fight online? No infernal lag?

I may buy it then

Eh, not really. If you are really basic, neutral game and three hit combos then it works okay. Most of the jiggle combos are really badly affected by the input delay.