Injustice now a backward compatible game

Just saw a tweet that Injustice is now Backward compatible game. Good way to prep for Injustice 2

4 Likes

Mmm, makes me almost want to get it again. The game was fun, but I was very irritated by their season pass.

I bought it for two reasons: During development, they promised no guests. Then they put Scorpion…
And Lobo was great. But then they put Zod(clearly for marketing) and Batgirl(ANOTHER member of the Bat-Family???)

I was very angry since they left Martian Manhunter out the season pass, when he was favourite in every â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  poll. Once I knew about more DLC characters, I sold the game. I felt like they were trying to milk my money out. I could go for a Season pass with(for example) Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna and Zod. It would be ok. But putting MM out of the season pass just seemed a greedy move for me.

Anyway, I had fun with the game, I mained Bane, Sinestro and Lex Luthor. Overall the game was fun, but my biggest issue with it was its roster. Some characters like Ares, Killer Frost, Zod or Batgirl were bad choices IMO. Too much wasted potential.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this and wanted to play it more. But the netcode was garbage and I didn’t have a lot of chances to play offline. None of that has changed and I actually still have the game in 360. But I have a better setup now and maybe I will play it some. I actually liked batgirl and I have zero interest in Martian Manhunter. I played as Captain Marvel (whose name will never be Shazam in my world) and Grundy.

If I see it cheap, I will get it and maybe we can try it. Gonna be reaaaaaly rusty XD

I will be getting this. Thanks! Lex Luthor shall rise again! :smiling_imp:

Finally! Geez. I mean, it is not like this is my favorite fighting game, but it should have been BC some time ago. Maybe I’ll pop it in and play some this weekend.

Let me know when you do. My Grundy needs more friends. :imp:

Green Arrow here, or maybe Cyborg. :smirk: That game was really fun! It was the first game I actually went to a tournament for.

I was 1 of the best Luthors out there and frequented the TYM forums at the time. I haven’t played in so long, though…

[quote=“UncappedWheel82, post:8, topic:16523”]
Green Arrow here, or maybe Cyborg[/quote]

2 Likes

I love watching a good Luthor…not fighting them (lol!), but watching a good Luthor is like one the best things. But yeah, I haven’t popped in Injustice since like mid 2014. It may be nice to go back a play a bit, especially with a decent controller. Lol!

@Dayv0 What do you think my :smirk: was for…

1 Like

With the right positioning on the Fortress of Solitude, I could take an entire healthbar with my Lex in a single combo. :slight_smile:

Yeah, Im the dude that found that.

Unfortunately I believe they patched it out. The time it takes fire the teleporter interactible to recharge was increased so Im 99% sure the setup no longer works.

However, the Wii U version of the game isnt patched so it still works there

The horrible netcode makes it a no go for me.

I started following competitive fighting games when MK9 was released. Prior to then I just played them casually. Anyways the reason I bring that up is because I don’t have a lot of experience on the historically bad matchups in other fighters. So for me, the worst matchup I’ve ever seen is Lex Luthor vs. General Zod in Injustice. I believe it to be 9-1 in zods favor, there isn’t a single KI matchup that comes even close to that level of imbalance.

Luthor had some of the most difficult MUs in the game
Sinestro and Zod where a nightmare for him

Injustice had really poor balance. Some MU where just impossible to win against people with similar skill.

Yes, Injustice has very, very lopsided matchups. Especially the characters without projectiles. I remember watching a tournament where a Grundy player was up against a Batman player and the announcers basically said before the match “he will have to pull out a pocket character or there’s no way to win this.” The guy played Grundy and they were like “well how is he going to deal with Batman’s batarangs?” and there was just no way. The guy got crushed.

Actually, I’m starting to wonder if everyone complaining about game balance issues in KI shouldn’t be forced to buy this game and play it for a while to see what bad matchups are, lol.

Injustice is not a game I would put in the category of “great competitive fighters.” But it is fun and has great production values.

1 Like

Injustice was a good game to play at “casual” level, with friends.

I even played with some friends with special rules for drinking(like, every time you use an interactable, drink one shot, if you got hit by a stage transition, 2 shots, etc…). It was really fun to do this stuff.

And yes, Injustice is just a great example of what bad MUs could be. Playing Injustice(as a low tier character) and then go to KI and play a low tier character makes you notice how well balanced is KI

Nice. I may like/want to get that fighting game soon. At the same time I’m thinking about getting it too :slight_smile:

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is gone, but Cyborg (if you don’t know how to deal with him) probably can still be a pain. I like his lame game with the fireballs and ground missiles. He was just a fun design to me.

I forgot about that, lol! Going back to that game after playing KI my be a deal breaker. Still though, I liked the design of many of the characters in that game, and the overall flow of battle with the interactibles and stuff. Actually, thinking about MKX’s improved netcode coming to Injustice 2 makes me very happy!

Yeah. Certain characters in certain matchups were just SOL. Classic NRS. I expect some of that in Injustice 2 as well, unless they go on the lower number of characters for that game…and I 100% don’t see that happening.

That would be hilarious. Play an old MK game. Play Injustice. Play SO MANY other FG out there and experience REAL frustration. Lol!

You may be right. I REALLY enjoyed watching competitive Injustice, it was just that NRS got in their own way. From character balance issues, to stage balance issues, to netcode, etc., Injustice had it’s share of issues, but it was still hella fun. The fact that NRS completely, and utterly, neutered Scorpion in that game at the behest of a community who had little to no clue what they were talking about, still ■■■■■■ me off. Actually, I think that was the event that got me off TYM almost completely…that and KI’s release. :slight_smile:

But yeah. I remember first playing Injustice and FEELING how fuggin slow the characters walked, I was like WTF?! But after a while the game grew on me, I learned Green Arrow, and started having a blast with that game.

That game will forever remain incomplete for me because of its â– â– â– â–  netcode and that goddamn achievement for completing all the ladders.
But mainly just the netcode. Atleast MK9 let me get some matches. Injustice was a constant bout of getting into a lobby and immediately thrown out when trying to start a match. Absolutely put me off of MKX (initially, a good choice), and maybe its just me but after KI’s level of balance (its got its own really hard matchups but less lopsided) NRS games leave me scratching my head.
I might just redownload the game on the X1 to see if I can get some online games in, but I never really liked any character to stick around. I’ll definitely pick up Injustice 2 because I kinda like its story and its casually fun, but for a learning experience, I’ll be back on KI.