Injustice now a backward compatible game

Injustice was a good game to play at “casual” level, with friends.

I even played with some friends with special rules for drinking(like, every time you use an interactable, drink one shot, if you got hit by a stage transition, 2 shots, etc…). It was really fun to do this stuff.

And yes, Injustice is just a great example of what bad MUs could be. Playing Injustice(as a low tier character) and then go to KI and play a low tier character makes you notice how well balanced is KI

Nice. I may like/want to get that fighting game soon. At the same time I’m thinking about getting it too :slight_smile:

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is gone, but Cyborg (if you don’t know how to deal with him) probably can still be a pain. I like his lame game with the fireballs and ground missiles. He was just a fun design to me.

I forgot about that, lol! Going back to that game after playing KI my be a deal breaker. Still though, I liked the design of many of the characters in that game, and the overall flow of battle with the interactibles and stuff. Actually, thinking about MKX’s improved netcode coming to Injustice 2 makes me very happy!

Yeah. Certain characters in certain matchups were just SOL. Classic NRS. I expect some of that in Injustice 2 as well, unless they go on the lower number of characters for that game…and I 100% don’t see that happening.

That would be hilarious. Play an old MK game. Play Injustice. Play SO MANY other FG out there and experience REAL frustration. Lol!

You may be right. I REALLY enjoyed watching competitive Injustice, it was just that NRS got in their own way. From character balance issues, to stage balance issues, to netcode, etc., Injustice had it’s share of issues, but it was still hella fun. The fact that NRS completely, and utterly, neutered Scorpion in that game at the behest of a community who had little to no clue what they were talking about, still ■■■■■■ me off. Actually, I think that was the event that got me off TYM almost completely…that and KI’s release. :slight_smile:

But yeah. I remember first playing Injustice and FEELING how fuggin slow the characters walked, I was like WTF?! But after a while the game grew on me, I learned Green Arrow, and started having a blast with that game.

That game will forever remain incomplete for me because of its ■■■■ netcode and that goddamn achievement for completing all the ladders.
But mainly just the netcode. Atleast MK9 let me get some matches. Injustice was a constant bout of getting into a lobby and immediately thrown out when trying to start a match. Absolutely put me off of MKX (initially, a good choice), and maybe its just me but after KI’s level of balance (its got its own really hard matchups but less lopsided) NRS games leave me scratching my head.
I might just redownload the game on the X1 to see if I can get some online games in, but I never really liked any character to stick around. I’ll definitely pick up Injustice 2 because I kinda like its story and its casually fun, but for a learning experience, I’ll be back on KI.

Yeah. I loved Injustice but the netcode was so garbage that there’s no reason to go back to online.

By the end of Injustice I had actually stopped playing Lex (he just got stomped by so many characters it was eating away at my soul) and picked up Aquaman.

Anyway, NRS clearly stepped up their game so I’m super excited for Injustice 2-

1 Like

In reference to your Xrd quote: I bought injustice on PS3 and never really got into it. lol.

Anyway, MvC, MK and injustice are games I’ve loved and hated at the same time. The production value is usually top notch but somehow the gameplay never sucks me in. Bought MKX full price, but played it just 4 or 5 times combining for less than an hour. Same happened with MK9, Injustice 1. So, I am afraid the same will happen if I buy injustice or an MvC sequels: I will pay full price for an unfinished game, be hyped for the first dlc and never touch it afterwards, lol.

1 Like

I paid full price and bought all the content. I definitely didn’t get my money’s worth in terms of hours/$$. But I’m kind of collecting fighting games at this point so it’s okay.

The thing about the MUs is that they are so clear and obvious and yet nothing was done to fix them. If you are Grundy or Bane or Luthor you are going to lose to any character shooting projectiles at you. There’s not even a hint of a plan for the MU. Not any projectile just the multiple characters with really fast ones. If you are anyone you will lose to Superman, lol. But then some characters teleport and don’t care at all about zoning.

I thought they were good characters. Batgirl is one of the most fun to watch and play.

Lets not forget that bane was the ONLY character in the game without a projectile. The death stroke / bane and the batgirl / bane mu sill keeps me up at night

2 Likes

Pretty sure Doomsday didn’t have one either.

1 Like

His fall of sky move could hit practically full screen as well as his shoulder charge

Still not a projectile.

1 Like

Yeah, Grundy doesn’t have a projectile either, but he did have a ranged move (where the hands come out of the ground and grab opponents). But it was slow and not well suited to deal with projectile spam.

Bane is tough times though, for sure. And I couldn’t ever figure out anything that Bane had that made him good in essentially any way.

Bane only has one thing , big damage . Apart from that grundy , lex and doomsday do everything he can do 10x better .

Bane was decently good after some patches.

And charge while venomx3 made you invulnerable to projectiles hitstun, so you could close the gap

Although zoning was generally very good in injustice, and Bane struggled against it

If the add him back for injustice 2 , I hope the refine his movement/ normals and give him something more reliable to close the gap.

I just hope to see better balance, so some MUs are actually winnable

But seeing how MKX goes, I don’t have much faith

Just hope to see Joker (an actually viable gameplay wise one) and Sinestro back, and Darkseid and Beastboy as newcomers and I will be happy

Larfleeze, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Nekron and Brainiac would be cool too

1 Like

O god I forgot about how sluggish joker was. Probably the worst character in the game

He was the worst. No doubt about it

True