Injustice 2

I forgot brainiac. It’d be cool if they reveal Brainiac in SA part 4 trailer because we never see his intro, gameplay and etc. But I think Brainiac will be appearance in SA part 5.

We saw what seems to be Brainiac minions during Supergirl Trailer.

IMO Grood and his society will be the main antagonists during the first part of the game, then Brainiac and Supergirl will arrive, Batman will reject Superman help offer to stop Brainiac, Supergirl will help him get away from prision, then both Superman and Supergirl will argue about Clark’s behaviour, she will die in a dramatic way, and then both Superman and Batman will join forces against Brainiac

This ■■■■ writes itself!

Also, according to the leak, Joker and Mr Freeze are the only remaining chars to be announced…

Am I alone thinking that having Freeze and Cap Cold in the same game doesn’t sound like a good idea?

I don’t know. He could be so drastically different, it would be neat.

i heard that mr. freeze will be a priemium skin for captain cold along the same way as reverse flash was for flash. makes sense. however mr. freeze could be a super slow tanky playstyle in comparison to captain cold. maybe a grappler somehow? it would be weird but its not that bad of an idea

Just to put an example, why would you choose Freeze, a cold based villain which uses a cold gun, and Cap Cold, a cold based villain which uses a cold gun, instead of making one of them a premium skin(ala Reverse Flash-Flash, or Powergirl-Supergirl), and choosing a totally different character instead?

Like, Clayface, who could transform all his body into spikes, or impossible forms?
Or Giganta, making a giant character?
Or Grundy, being a badass grappler as he was?
Or Lobo?
Or Black Hand?
Or Nekron?
Or any character who is not exactly the same archetype of an existing one?

And I’m sticking to villains and anti heroes, I could go to heroes and make the same statement

Instead of having some unique characters with unique powers(Martian Manhunter, Captian Atom, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Beast Boy…), they choose to go with Supergirl/Superman, or Catwoman/Cheetah, or Poison Ivy/Swamp thing.

Of course, those characters are very different gameplay wise, but IMO it would be more interesting having extremelly different power based heroes, than 2 versions of the same power(Kryptonian, claw based fighter, plant based fighter, cold gadget based character, etc…)

Flash confirmed OP

He looks amazing LOVE the mercury ankle wings

Would be nice to see more non batman villians

If I haven’t already said this… I am ALL about the Batmanverse characters. I really don’t care much about the others. If there were only Batman characters in this game, I’d just love it more. XD

But that’s just me…

I’m not quite as adamant about this as you (for example I think Batman and Batgirl or Superman and Supergirl are sufficiently differentiated to not seem duplicative), but it is a little puzzling when there are so many characters and villains in this universe that they could be mining. I’m sure they are doing their best but from my point of view it seems like they are grabbing characters and then fitting them in the closest MK mold available rather than sitting back to think about how they can make each character unique and the best possible version of that character. Swamp Thing is probably the biggest exception. But when I see Cheetah do a rising elbow uppercut and command grabs I’m not really on the edge of my seat saying “they nailed the essence of that character!”

Obviously I will reserve judgement until I get my hands on the game, but there’s a lot of characters in this that I’m not particularly excited about.

2 Likes

Interesting characters for me:

Atrocitus
Grood
Bane
Brainiac(hopefully)
Swamp Thing
Dr. Fate
Darksider(hopefully)
Maybe Cap Cold

Characters who are ZERO interesting for me:

Superman
Superwoman
Batman
Robin
Harley
Cyborg and Blue Betlee(wait, they are not the same char?)
Cheetah
Catwoman

Normally, a game has 3-4 chars who aren’t interesting to me (In KI Jago, Maya and Orchid aren’t interesting to me). Injustice 2 has a huge % of “not like” characters for me compared to other FGs.

Dunno, Swamp looks very interesting to me, but the amount of not likeable chars to me is pretty high.

Feelsbadman

So I’ll admit that Flash’s super is so far the best in the game.

2 Likes

Cyborg and Blue Beetle, the same character? Is it the arm cannon? Other than that and a kinda cybernetic suit they don’t have much in common.

Both have metamophic suit
Both have energy blast cannons
Both are heavy tech characters

Yeah, they are not the same character, yeah, they play different, but It’s surprising the amount of “versions” of the same superhero powers they choosed for this game

Sorry for kinda late question, but to people who played the beta: How is balance and overall feel of the game? Is it “get in and 50/50 opponent to death” approach like earlier NRS games or does this game have some actual neutral and footsies?

MKX’s last big patch gave it a more pronounced footsie game, so expect Injustice 2 to be similar to that. Gameplay really helps determine how it feels.

I get it now!
CatWomans ugly face redemption comes in her costume additions! She’s made to be a hooded/ masked character and I can finally get behind her aesthetic now that she’s a fully mysterious fighter her masks and hoods are awesome.

Looks like cheetah gets maya treatment with tribal/ bone/ animal gear

Aquaman will be amazing
I’m so surprised how attractive super man became

Flash is awesome

Can’t wait for this game

1 Like

Joker’s trailer coming soon!

3 Likes

…or brainiac… lol

1 Like