Infil analyzes KI matches on Twitch [NEW: Charbok vs DevilMayCare, Apr 17/17]

This second video is great. Moves a bit quicker than the first, so I think you’re really getting the hang of it and I think watching an unpredictable (at least at first) Jago player really gave you good material to work with.

I can’t tell you enough how helpful it is to hear you walk through these situations. I think a lot of players watch high level play and just think “they hit buttons and then one guy wins.”

Edit: I’m super looking forward to when you get around to the DaytonJ Tusk set.

So, I was watching the video. And you came to mira’s mist vs shadow windkick. Now Mira I think might be able to punish it ONLY if she does back air mist. Because if Mira does ground mist she receives alot of grounded frame recovery (I think I tested it at 12 frames. Might have to go back and check.)

But overall if mira chooses to use any mist form jago should be at -3 if my math is correct. This is of course assuming mira mists on the first frame possible after the screen freeze.

Also not every character has to block shadow windkick. There are at least to my knowledge two characters that can ignore shadow windkick BUT one of them requires spacing (much like fulgore’s shaodw blade dash.)

Another point in misting through the overhead (where you paused obviously to talk about it.) Jago’s overhead is 46 frames total. Since he was already halfway through (or more) the startup mira misting on the ground would be punishable by jago easily (almost any button of his choosing). If she misted in the air jago still would have been able to recover and even punish but it’s a little trickier because the moment mira leaves mist in the air she can press buttons immediately (whehter or not they will connect…well…that’s depends really.)

I just remembered that ground mist she CAN press buttons right after it’s just…well…she’s far too low to the ground for any of her jumping buttons to come out in time the only thing she can do is air dash but…it really goes half a character’s length (roughly) so it doesn’t serve her much purpose. But she still (ground mist) has lots of recovery frames.

Great stuff, Infil. Please, keep them coming. I don’t know how much I would be able to take and add to my gameplay without the time these guys can put it, but it is very educational.

Also, another question:

I main Jago. When I have gone against very high level Jago players, not only do they use manuals at a higher rate than most other players, but they LOVE throw resets to keep opponents off balance. Does throw damage scale or is it flat because it is technically not in the combo? If it is a flat amount, does that make it a good option to confuse your opponent and do solid damage with short combos?

Most throws don’t scale period…some do…why? dunno.

1 Like

Yes, throws are (unless guaranteed, ala command grab after wall splat) always unscaled, because they always hit in neutral. Because they aren’t scaled, they are a good option to tack on good damage to something that was short and wasn’t going to hit very hard. The mix-up also forces people to think about other things (jumping or throw teching), which is always good in terms of you getting to do what you want within combo.

Some normal throws scale. I made a topic on it.

He was talking about as a reset (ie, in neutral), not after wall splat. So yeah, throws in neutral always do the same damage.

Thanks! I haven’t been doing them lately… I dunno, I just haven’t felt particularly inspired. Hopefully I’ll do another one some time soon though.

From guts scaling? Guts scaling penalizes some throws in the nuetral but not others. After a wallsplat some still don’t get scaled.

Well, ok, not counting guts scaling of course (which applies to all moves).

Yeah but alot of throws aren’t affected by any kind scaling. While some are. Makes no sense.

Going to be doing an analysis of Bass vs Thompson tonight, in about 15 minutes. Check the archive if it’s too late for you!

3 Likes

Stream over! If you missed it, check the youtube!

8 Likes

It was a good stream. :slight_smile: Came late, but still got to se quite a bit. The way Thompxson uses Jago’s normals for confirms is friggen poetry.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this; I learned a lot. Much better than a lot of the commentators I see at different tournaments.

1 Like

Yeah, Infil.

It was very interesting, and I learned a lot about how high level players analyze things.

And how you analyze too. You’re on point! :open_mouth:

This was an eye opener for me. Thanks! You’ve helped me and many other people a bunch! :smile:

Always awesome to see the highest of high level players in action. These guys are the best at what they do. They’re both so patient, yet so crazy it’s hard to believe they pull of the things they do.
The fact that both of them use the unique colors from the unreleased figures is pretty awesome, too.

I really enjoy these. In addition to being just fun (it’s always cool listening to someone describe something they are really into), I learn a lot. Always makes me wish I was better at the game to try to pick up on some of these things.

Not much to add. Really great series, really like them :+1:

Did two more of these recently:

7 Likes