Improvments to Kan-Ra

Kan-Ra’s bug list

Bugs I hate

Wiffing Auto Doubles after instinct dash HP
Shadow Swarm disappearing after 1 hit
Facing the wrong side after antlion recap
All versions of whirl are FUBAR
Shadow spike not hitting all 4 hits
Shadow spike not hitting at all (sweet spot)

Bugs I like

Sometimes close air swarm launches the opponent full screen away.
Shadow spike stinger hits after sandsplosion

And that’s just the stuff that happens every second match.

2 Likes

Hopefully as always someone that is important is viewing these.

Who else believes Kan-Ra should have more damage or a slower combo blow out buildup? I’m finding it very frustrating trying to use manuals that don’t even help much because the combo string can only go further if he has instinct or maybe shadow

I don’t think he needs standard whirl to be an antiair, given that he already has a good selection of antiairs from many angles.
Stand MP is decent from a distance or against shallow angles and combos into whirl for an unbreakable recapture. If they’re attacking from a very steep angle, his down-back HP or HP clutch more than suffice - they have excellent hitboxes (hitting opponents even directly above him in the corner, and in these cases dbHP is even able to beat out large hitboxes like Thunder’s jump HP), have decent speed, and make tons of room. He can combo from HP clutch with some traps around him, but otherwise its damage isn’t amazing.
He won’t always be able to combo or juggle from his antiairs unlike some other characters, but there are positions where Kan-ra is able to anti-air while some other characters cannot.

However, I wouldn’t be adverse to shadow whirl gaining upper-body invincibility like Aganos’ shadow natural disaster, or a decent antiair hitbox. After all, many characters can perform unbreakable recaptures from a variety of antiairs by spending meter (some can even do it meterless), and get a little more damage in the process than Kan-ra would get from this.

Be advised; Fubuki won last week’s 8 Bit Beatdown with Kan-Ra.

7 Likes

I’m aware. This still gives me hope for kan ras future.

1 Like

I keep looking for footage of this dude, but apart from his S2/Combo videos it’s rather difficult to search for him by name. :crying_cat_face:
At least on YouTube anyway. I think I’ve seen him once or twice on a tournament stream.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a Top Tier Kan-Ra in action. I want links! :smiley:

hi sister spider “” never ask a nerf from another characters “” cause is today much kan ra player dropped him thats because of few nerf and too much work to kill someone.

thats not the goal of a fighting game BAE, IMO the goal of a fightinf game is that u don’t need to be a good or pro player to could use a character, the character should be viable for pro and noobs just like jago thunder , tusk fulgore etc… IMO kan ra need a slightly damage buff on his enders.

are you asking to everyone to play as fubuki? thats not the goal we should be free to choose the way we need to use us characters :cold_sweat: DADDY

@anon26401541 @lHagenl don’t take me wrong cause when i meet your’s boths kanra most of the time i beat you with hisako, and when i look back the fight i realise that "“thats just because all your work was for cheap damages “”” lol thank you hisako , no salt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if there is a character i really don’t respect its Kan ra cause IMO he’s really dead since S3 must be frustrating to use (alot of broken controller surelly with all theses cheap setups) lol

I CLAIM THE RESPECT BACK FOR KAN RA S2!!! @TheKeits just like you did with wulf buffs, please don’t be too late there is alots of wurk needed on some characters ““in terms of damage really good equilibrate””"

how much time it would take for the team to realise it??? just like the wulf ? 8 or 11 onth? kiss kiss

and please nobody try to fool me with mobility or whatever cause most really mobile characters deal much more damages than kan ra ( maya, cinder, rash gargos) or at last have a respectfull shadow enders.

It’s fine, I play Kan Ra for fun, Also, online isn’t a precise indicator of player skill due to lag and rollback. I did mention that in some matchups you cant make a mistake or make very little due to his poor damage and poor comeback factor without instinct.

Basically for every opening they find you need to find double or triple the openings. its kan ra in a nutshell, hence why he wont be seen very often in tournaments.

Here we go again.

Jago/Fulgore win a tournament
"So OP! NERF!“
Kan-Ra wins a tournament
"Meh, he still sucks”

:expressionless:
You can’t use tournament results to rate one character but not another. Either go with it completely or ditch it.
(They are not, by the way. Its about the player just as much as it is about the character. Case and point, as Keits mentioned, Fubuki’s win. Nicky winning GUTS with Mira.)

2 Likes

@TheKeits
Care to share why you think he won the tournament? What he does different from others to just… Win. You’ve probably got a busy schedule but you’re input could significantly help to clear things up. I mean, you designed the character right?

3 Likes

I think I’d like to add that Kan-Ra’s sandsplosion reversal on hisako’s vengeance counter is kind of crummy. Not to downplay Hisako players but, c’mon it’s Kan-Ra’s only way of getting out of pressured situations and to be able to vengeance counter an suicidal explosion? on top of that I believe his sand traps also disappear so you’re stuck. Some of Kan-Ra’s recaptures with shadow whirl is also weird; at some points it does the recapture it’s suppose to and other times it just flings them across the screen too far for punishment. Any comments or ideas?

3 Likes

Anyone seen the, for lack of a better term to describe it, the “I tried recaptureing with shadow whirl and it flung them across the screen and they floated to the top of the map barely even on the screen anymorea nd wasted 10 seconds of my time” bug?

3 Likes

Wow, that’s even more impressive when you read it fast without breathing stops XD

1 Like

WHEEEZE :laughing:

1 Like

Whirl and all it’s versions are the buggiest moves in Fighting game history.

2 Likes

This post demonstrates a very clear lack of knowledge about fighting game history.

6 Likes

:slight_smile: gotta admit I am a 09er. But I just got myself a Dreamcast with some old school fighting games.

Still haven’t found anything as messed up as Ra’s whirl.

Just looking at shadow whirl, it has at least 4 different outcomes whenever I use it.

Do you think these outcomes have anything to do with screen positioning, opponent distance, opponent size, opponent air position? Or do you think its just totally random and unintended?

Do you think an identical set of circumstances can have different results?

1 Like

@Lennsherr Kan does have a lot of AA options but good hitboxes are something that they are not they are also very slow in comparison to other AA of the game 11 frame start up on his anti air loses only to arbiters 14 frame AA