Improving Sadira

Not entirely sure how this turned into a Fulgore discussion, but what the heck, I’ll join in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fulgore’s meter mechanics have always been his weakness, though it is also his greatest strength when managed well. The special cancel ability is insane once Fulgore has the pips to more or less sustain it, which he gets almost guaranteed twice a fight with instinct, and which he can also manage with good pressure.

I’m not a Fulgore player, but I’d have to say I think he’s pretty well balanced right now. Pre-damage nerf he was simply insane, but now I think his tools are pretty well aligned with how much he hurts. I also have to say I think he’s probably a bit better than S1 Fulgore was, as a character if not necessarily in raw power (though that is debatable). S1 Fulgore was similar to S1 Spinal in that he was generally either doing very, very well, or he was getting absolutely mauled. S1 Fulgore was either a complete punching bag, or this unstoppable monster with infinite meter who was nearly impossible to approach. In S2 he’s not nearly so one-sided I don’t think. He’s a bit more vortex and mixup based than he was before, but I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing. I like that he has this trade off between very potent zoning and runaway versus getting in and building additional resources. It makes him a more thoughtful character I feel, and it’s interesting to fight different varieties of him. Every Spinal and Kan-Ra are basically the same - but every Fulgore plays very differently, and I like that the character is broad enough to allow that.

I do agree, he has a lot of versatility. Spinal, Kan-Ra, Sadira, most Jago’s they do all play the same. Fulgore does have options. If you skip using his mixup game, projectiles and all that, you will build insane meter. If you focus on playing to his dirtiest potential, you will have minimal meter without instinct.

I feel like Sadira can use a 3rd ender, she only has 2!

2 Likes

One of the ideas I’ve heard once in a while is the idea of an “air ender” to cache out juggle damage. Something using widow’s bite? Perhaps since it’s more situational and harder to achieve than the ground enders, perhaps it could do more damage, or result in a hard knockdown?

1 Like

Air Recluse? Like at the end of her ultra.

I would like to see Sadira get a web cling that goes straight up on wake up. Shadow webcling doesnt work in the corners and you still get hurt for using meter. This would fix it if she was given a move that went straight upwards out of danger. From there she could throw out a any of her daggers. Her widows bite. Or she can web cling in the air and get out of the corner.

An alternative for improving Web Cling; Rather than spending meter for a simple escape with no damage, woudln’t it make sense for an assassin to leave something behind? Like a smoke screen, or-in Sadira’s case- a web? :wink:

1 Like