I love Tusk, haters can eat DAHS boot

Why?

Also, this bug can occur in front of him as well. Super sucks.

Because I view getting to the other side as part of a crossup as a successful manuever, generally speaking. With Tuskā€™s d+HP, I still get punished for doing it even after Iā€™ve practically cleared him. Basically, I donā€™t like it for the same reason you donā€™t like how the d+HP is easily punished despite succeeding.

But those are two different scenarios. Iā€™m being punished by a bug in a situation where I would have otherwise won. Youā€™re being hit out of a crossup attempt when the other player has successfully read and timed his attack based on your jump.

The solution to my problem is out of my hands, because itā€™s a bug. The solution to your problem is to not jump at Tusk.
Heā€™s not the only character who can stop cross ups either. Getting to the other side isnā€™t enough against such characters.

As an Aganos main with his pulverize, Iā€™m fully aware of this. Itā€™s the fact that itā€™s so delayed and hits me after Iā€™ve already practically landed and am about to throw or combo punish for the successful crossup that bothers me. At least with my main, the pulverize still hits you while in the air and often whiffs smaller or crouching characters who successfully crossup. With Tuskā€™s d+HP, it rarely actually hits me out of the air itself, post crossup. Itā€™s just that the timing seems so perfectly in favor of the barbarian, even though Iā€™m attempting to punish what I thought was a whiff, since it misses me in the air. What makes it even weirder is the fact that it looks like it should hit me out of the air, post crossup, but the sword passes through and then only hits me upon landing. Animation-wise, itā€™s quite off-putting.

Practically landed isnā€™t landed, though. Youā€™re getting hit by one of the last two hitboxes on that attack which can reach Aganos easily due to his size. Youā€™re being hit out of the air. If you had actually landed you would be able to throw him out of his attack (provided it was an empty jump, of course).
If Tusk was on time, youā€™re getting hit. If Tusk was late, you land first and can grab him. Thatā€™s all thatā€™s happening.

I assure you, youā€™re being hit out of the air.
Youā€™d be getting hit in this scenario by a lot of moves, not just Tuskā€™s.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no guarantee in this game that ā€œgetting behindā€ an opponent with a crossup means your safe from danger.

Omen, Sabrewulf, and Maya all can AA crossups in this way. Tusk is not even slightly unique in this regard. If you jump forward when Tusk does s.HP, youā€™ve made a bad read. You should not be expecting to score a hit.

Youā€™re wrong here - if I attempt the throw upon landing (and I have, hence why I know Iā€™ve landed from the crossup), Tuskā€™s move is already within its active frames, which beats the 4 frames from the throwā€™s startup automatically. The same goes for ANY other attack. At best, I can block, I suppose, but having made the crossup and assumption that Iā€™m safe because the d+HP didnā€™t knock me out of the air, I havenā€™t adjusted to doing it just yet.

Itā€™s the ambiguity of the move that I donā€™t likeā€¦

Or in any game, really. Cross-cut DPs exist, for example.

Getting over the personā€™s head is never really a measure of deserving to land without being hit.

1 Like

Then Iā€™m going to have to request you make a video of this in action, because I test everything before I talk about them on here and my results are that if you manage to land behind Tusk heā€™s getting thrown.
I simply do not believe youā€™re landing before getting hit.

Eureka!

I found the solution - I went into the lab and turned on the hitboxes to see where Tuskā€™s d+HP actually hits. It apparently doesnā€™t actually hit directly behind him like I thought; rather, it hits slightly above and behind his head, which as has been said, hits the golem because of his large hitbox. The timingā€™s strict, but if I successfully crossover, I can low-profile it by crouching, causing it to whiff. If I do anything else, itā€™ll either hit or cause blockstun.

Or just throw him >.>

Besides, wouldnā€™t it be easier to just not jump at Tusk? I canā€™t think of any reason why Aganos would want to attempt this.

Doesnā€™t work for the 2 reasons listed in each of my last 2 posts.

In regards to ā€œwhy jump?ā€ youā€™re actually right. Due to the block-stun, large hitbox, the way Aganos jumps, the fact that it ignores armor, the knockback on block, and the potential deflect, found it nearly impossible to jump over him when this move was spammed unless I jumped towards Tusk as it whiffed on a 1st attempt in order to avoid a 2nd attempt (hence why I said the timing is strict).

It does, though.

In any case, it sounds like jumping is indeed not worth it whatsoever.

Let me be more specific: not if you successfully do the crossup as Tusk does the move.

Also, cr.HP is -17 on block, so just block it and punish if he insists on ā€œspammingā€ this move. Itā€™s a very situational move at best.

1 Like

aaah this bugā€¦ it also happens on long range attacks from other characters like Arbiter with heā€™s sword attacks and Glacius with his jump kicks (or f.MP).

Also I have to warn you about another bug that appeared with the recent patch. While fighting against Mira, donā€™t try to manual after shadow Skull splitter. It will just whiff.

It still has knockback on block though, and although I know Aganos can out reach him with a lot of his normals, I question if theyā€™ll be fast enough to hit 1st (Iā€™ll have to look at the frame data and compare).

Should be no trouble to punish him. Iā€™m sure everyone in the cast gets a pretty easy free punish after cr.HP is blocked. If you have meter just do shadow ND.

This doesnā€™t bother me. I donā€™t expect them to get tractor beamed into my range just because I deflected them from full screen. In the case of Glacius I was probably trying to hit his limb anyway.

This is worth knowing. I played a couple matches yesterday after a long hiatus and I ran into a Mira player. Pretty sure I did this and landed a manual in this exact scenario without problem, but I honestly canā€™t remember for sure. It was an intense fight.

Well, it does bother ME, because Iā€™m use to Hisakoā€™s catch counter, and it reminds me when in season 2, that counter couldnā€™t catch Thunderā€™s Shadow DP and whiffed instead.

You may have done it in a corner? It still works there because of the shorter distance between the fighters.
In my case, when it happens the first few times, it surprises me as much as my oponnents and leads to nice resets.