I know my star is probably a bug but please leave it

I know how you feel. I had over 200 wins and around 30 losses. I ended up with over 8k points but I doubt I would’ve gotten the star legit because you have to have a ton more wins in a month and I just don’t have the time to play that much.

2 Likes

lol

So I came across a silver player with a pro star in exhibition last night.

Bear in mind I’ve played ranked a total of like 5 times, so I didn’t know this could actually be a thing or not since they’re called “pro” stars. So I was wondering, can a Silver player ever really be dubbed as being a “pro” player? (If they’re legitimately Silver, that is.)

So, is this even a thing, or could it be a rank resetter/the glitch in question?

trying to find that out too

It can be normal cause the deployment take time to affect all users, on here in in belgium for most of my friends “” the star disappear after the january leaderboard appear… “” but some still have it. in Saison 2 it takes like 1 week to fully be effective. if i was you i woud take screenshot and video shot for my own lol , before it happen :yum:

1 Like

Hmm. Cryptic message… does it mean:

The January leaderboards were all messed up and not tracking anything properly (thus the Spock funeral) so instead of not awarding any stars, everyone got a star who played and was in the Killer tier because there was no way to verify the results (hence the ‘Graduation’ video)?

I’m probably wrong on this but it’s fun to guess. The star looks cool next to my name. I wish I knew what place I ended up in last month!

1 Like

He reset his tier and started at qualifier and worked his way to sliver. Top 32 star dont go away once you achieve it. You can reset once a month. He did nothing wrong.
whats the issue here?

I never said he did anything wrong, but in my opinion he didn’t seem like a Killer ranked player at all, he seemed legitimately Silver, played a few matches in Exhibition, then he quit on me after about 5 matches with no wins. This is why I questioned if a legitimate Silver player could have pro stars, like what are the requirements to get one because he sure didn’t seem like an ex-Killer to me and I wondered if this bug could happen with true Silver ranked players that are not resetters.

Are the stars fixed? I refuse to believe mine is real. I haven’t earned it yet.

Same. Not only did I not earn it, but it’s more likely people will see it and quit out immediately in non-ranked modes. Once I hit Killer, which I was surprised I even did, I mostly stopped playing ranked for a while, and have mostly been doing Shadow Lords and Shadow Lab. So, I’m about a low-ranking a Killer as you can get.

The January rankings were updated, so you can check it. Saw that i was nowhere near top 32 so i know my star is on life support.

1 Like

Where do you check this?

1 Like

When you’re at the ranked main page, go to the ‘leaderboards’ tab. You can cycle through all of the current and past stats. January’s, for a long while, was busted until IG/MS fixed it.

2 Likes

Maybe his kid is playing on his profile? Maybe his room mate is playing? Maybe he is having an off day?
Maybe he made it to killer, got a star via the bug, reset his rank to remove it and its still there?

who knows?

I was just curious to see if the glitch could apply to any rank, not just Killer, since it’s a known glitch people are experiencing, I haven’t heard anyone say which ranks it’s bugging out. So at the moment, who knows, right?

1 Like

Killer only i think, im not killet yet (Silver) and i didn’t get one

Shame, I wanted to see some of those Bronzes ruling the roost and scaring off other Bronzes, Silvers, Golds and Killers with their pro stars. :joy:

1 Like

I just encountered another Killer that didn’t have a star.

How much longer till this is fixed?

I don’t have a star but this still affects me. I see a star and prepare and expect a tough fight…scrub who uses combo assists and does only heavies…wut?

3 Likes

Damn I’m late with this info but I guarantee you that you don’t have to be killer to get one. I was a silver a couple of days ago when I decided to go back to killer and I found I had a pro star without earning it since I know for a fact that I haven’t touched ranked since kilgores release when I reset my rank. Now I find myself a killer with a pro star who does not deserve one which is why I made that one spongebob meme in the meme thread.