I know my star is probably a bug but please leave it

So i log on to KI see i got a star and go mental. i flipped chairs, pinched myself, threw some celebratory fireballs… the whole lot. though deep down i knew it probably wasnt true (i won a lot of ranked games last month but i know people play like 5k games plus a month so it couldnt be me)

thing is, i’ve kinda bragged about it. to everyone. i even showed my mum ffs. so now its gonna be a bit awkward if that star disappears. just let me keep it. please. we dont have to tell anyone. just between me and you IG. No one will know.

i dont teabag, dont complain about gargos, never moan when eyedol activates instinct, i only rarely empty jump. im one of the good guys. never asked for a buff or a nerf, never yelled keits when i lost, im on your side.

do me a favour, this has been the highlight of my day. dont take it away from me :frowning:

4 Likes

The fact that you are begging to keep your star doesn’t exactly grant you my respect :innocent:

2 Likes

not bothered about respect lol. just want my star.

4 Likes

Well if you don’t want it for respect then what do you want it for?

1 Like

Dude I would love a star. I can’t even make it to killer let alone past master. I do pretty good for a while but then I get a string of killer theirs and of course I get smashed.

2 Likes

the bling.

3 Likes

Meanwhile im not even killer :cry:

Not yet anyway :wink:

2 Likes

yeah i hear you. i play ki for fun, obviously i want to win but im not uber competitive (i dont memorise frame data and whatnot). im not great but right now im killer and i can beat people with stars (legit stars, stars earned honestly lol) and what i used to get better was this guide online by infil

http://ki.infil.net/index.html

it helped me. and when youre playing try not so much to play to win but play to grow. like try techniques you know you suck at until you become good at them.

1 Like

Same happened to me.

I’ve been trying to earn a legit star for forever, and my first star comes as part of a glitch in the system. I’m not sure how to feel about it at the moment. I don’t want to misrepresent, and I want the glory of knowing I got it legit.

2 Likes

So it wasn’t just me. I had decent points but i doubt enough for a top 32 placing.

I guess for me, i want no part of this star unless i did earn enough last month.

Does requalifying get rid of pro stars?

1 Like

No, it’ll only bring you back to qualifier status.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time stars got awarded through a bug and last time they took them all away so i highly doubt you’ll be allowed to keep it.

2 Likes

Then ill live with it unless/until its taken.

1 Like

yeah you’re right. i wasnt being serious in this post, just a little fun.
Though its nice to have it here while it lasts.

2 Likes

the kid is just being funny… don’t take it literally. Let him have his moment.

Man everyone around here are such party poopers, fun police, real anit air gunners. lol

5 Likes

Awesome, I got ahold of that guide a while back. I don’t use it that much because I think I’m more of a casual then a competitor. But when your married with children and going through nursing school, your lucky if you get an hour a day to play.

1 Like

I hope they remove it, I don’t want a pro medal, don’t want people thinking I’m on KI 24/7.

1 Like

lol i guess that’s a way of looking at it

1 Like

Here I was grinding away in January to get a star legit and apparently tons of people got stars lol. I have no doubt that I’d be able to get a star without a glitched system but the problem is I don’t have enough time to play to get the star otherwise.

I turned my game on and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was awarded a pro star, only to come on these forums and have my dreams crushed lol.

2 Likes