How to win with/against Hisako! Advice post

“Bully” might not be the best word to describe this. True you can abuse the wake up but, the problem is again variety in play style. For example my Hisako is all about shock and awe, a pretty basic play style that combines both her ridiculous forward dash, Decent teleport, and wall jump to get in close up and personal right away. Its effectiveness can only go so far as this strategy works on zoning characters (like Glacius) but not on close range characters (like Jago, Mira, Aganos, and Kan-Ra). However another player (that has obviously played with Hisako A LOT more than me) may find a way to counter that “abusive throw” by doing the same throw with the same reaction time (which as you know cancels the throw) after seeing you do that first time around. So yeah “bully” is not the best word for that. The words I would use is “obvious throwing”.

I’m not referring to any specific setup that was used here when I talk about “bullying” Hisako. KI is often a hyper aggressive game, but because of the threat of counter a lot of times people will play against Hisako in a passive manner, always afraid to throw a button at her because she might counter it. That is a great way to lose to her.

I’m talking about holding forward and going in on Hisako once you get the space to do so. Meaty her both high and low, neutral jump to bait throws and counters, and sometimes just outright walk up right in her face and throw her. It’s important to be flexible in this pressure, but it’s important that the pressure be maintained. That is what I mean by bullying, and it doesn’t have anything to do with just abusing throws or anything like that.

2 Likes

Quite honestly STORM played this MU pretty optimally from the Jago side. I’ve played a lot of great Jagos and the approach is most often pretty similar, save for one or two outliers.

Oh, ok. Sorry.

So far my hardest issue is breaking her naginata attacks. Once she has you in there she pretty much can wreck your stuff. I’ve often tried to trick her into teleporting, but I think a lot of Hisako’s have some how catch on.

To be frank I am not that familier with her weaknesses either.

I use Riptor, Cinder and Fulgore.

1 Like

My friend - you’ve already won half of the VS Hisako game… right there at character select.

1 Like

I’m sorry to break it to you but that’s super vague

Just because Riptor may have some advantages over Hisako does not mean jack-■■■■ if I don’t know WHEN to use them against her. If it’s against a really skilled player, Hisako could beat my ■■■ every time.

So instead of telling me that I just won the lottery how about specifics? What is the famous “ghost waifu’s” weaknesses? >:U

and what are some things I need to watch out for? aside from the naginata cutting into my flesh every now and then?

1 Like

That’s why I linked the match-up thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok that’s very funny! :laughing:

Of course Riptor does have a large amount of mix-ups to use. Hisako can’t counter projectiles and with the season 3 update Riptor has got an advantage over Hisako in more ways than one.

Did you actually, you know, read the massive thread that he linked right there in his post? :unamused:

It’s written from the Hisako perspective, but there’s a lot of information and analysis in there about what we Hisako’s hate and struggle to deal with in the Riptor MU. Adapt that to your playstyle, and if you need more specifics or ideas on how to do that, ask in the body of that thread and we’ll do our best to answer.

More generally, the points that were made above (including the Jago video that I posted) all hold true in the Riptor matchup as well, except that Riptor has even better oki pressure options to use in this fight than Jago. Bully Hisako and disrespect her, which Riptor does better than most characters because of her flame normals.

On breaking her, pretty sure there’s a separate thread about that somewhere within this sub-forum. I personally recommend trying to break the linkers if you’re unable to recognize the AD’s.

Just read it actually like hours ago : p

Cool beans. Hopefully it was helpful for you :slight_smile:

How the hell do you break this character? Hisakos do incredibly long tedious combos with awkward timings. Are there easy things to look for? What are some obvious signs if any? She has so much motion and is just an oddity that actually seeing what is going on is half the battle for me. Feel like I’m guessing, the combo breaker training does very little for me since the AI doesn’t do combos players are doing on me. Which is why I’m here. I’m assuming her auto doubles have to be distinguishable right? Anyways, would appreciate any general advice. Otherwise I’ll have to play her myself to actually understand when and where to break.

You’ll just have to get that timing down. Remember that Hisako has the ability to delay her auto doubles. When she does it, that’ll be a good opportunity to see what you’ll have to break.

What can i do against a Hisako that uses a lot her teleport? I am a Gargos.

Hit her.

1 Like

When’s she teleporting? As a reaction to portal punch or something? Hisako’s teleport is super unsafe - if she does it in neutral you should have more than enough time to just punch her in the face.

1 Like

I use Cr.Lp then my command grab and it works. Thanks.

Combo, hard knockdown, use descent for meaty timing, hit confirm with MK into a combo, rinse repeat. It’s a very good (and highly annoying) punish for players or characters that have crap wakeup.

Interesting. I haven’t seen any specific meaty setups built around descent (save for anti-last breath stuff). What are the timings on it, and how do you have to modify them for the different ender levels of influence? They each knock down for slightly different lengths of time, which has frustrated some attempts to find consistently tight meaties.

Is there a consistent timing mechanism you’re using, or is it a set up done more by “feel”?