Hopes and Expectations for a new KI

Yeeeeeeeeeah, the beef jerky hair we have now needs to go.

unless they remaster the first KI to the current gen.

It just needs some minor improvements if thats the case. After all your not going to achieve the kind of supe realistic hair for gameplay models.

I don’t expect it to be perfect but the fur/hair we have right now looks pretty awful up close.

I dont see why people want a new KI for just new graphics. They can constantly update the new engine and go back and rework on KIs Hex engine like they did with season 3 with lighting. And update graphics as they go (for an example see leauge of legends and how they redid the engine and kept the game the same) The game is a free to play game. So they can totally keep updating it as they go if they want too.

3 Likes

My Hopes and Expectations is that all the new stuff is put into a season 4 and not a new game I don’t want to start all over again just yet

3 Likes

Not to mention some games like Smite or World of Warcraft have been known to go back and update character models with graphical updates. KI could stay visually stunning for years to come if it gets support.

2 Likes

I think we need a Season 4 - everyone I know IRL that plays KI says the same.

It makes a HUUGE statement that the community is even debating an extra season vs a new title in the first place.
I think they would be crazy not to do a season 4.

I guess there is alot of stuff they would have to redo, like expanding the char select screen, adding new dialogues and stuff to story/Shadowlords, new concept art, we could be looking easy at another 4-5GB of data for 3 chars minimum, maybe up to 8GB if they add 3 more stages too.

but 3 more stages and 3 more characters would be GOLD in my opinion.
I don’t care if it takes over a year to roll out, because the only 3 games I will be playing 2017 will be Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, Tekken 7 & This - season 4 or not.

People have been wanting a new game since Season 1 it seems like having 1 awesome game isnt good enough for them even though every time we get a new season its like having a new game just its added to the old one a new game wont be any different from a new season the only difference is a new game wont be added to the current one and they will have to make characters all over again thus loosing most likely half the cast we have now and I tell you now Gargos, Eyedol and Probably Aria wont make it into the next game because there bosses and no Gargos means no need for Omen or Shadow Jago

1 Like

I mean Aria is in charge of UT so I don’t see her being left behind but shago, gargos, eyedol, and my main omen may not be in maybe referenced here and there but yeah I don’t want to take any chances.

I am ok with no new KI. I don’t need another 3 years of people complaining that their character is missing, “X” move is missing, “X” character is broken. Then there would also be "this new KI sucks, the X1 version is better.

2 Likes

I like this person.

2 Likes

Someone clearly hasn’t been following the story

Just because she important to this story doesn’t mean she will make it in the next game she a Boss and Bosses don’t normally carry on into the next game they can easily work around having her for the next game story they could replace her with another Ultratech leader or anything who knows thats why your better off having another season then another game. Each season is like another game anyway.

I was going to respond to this but nah
nevermind.

So what about reptile from the MK series or akuma from SF they’ve been in damn near every game. Also Aria may be considered a “boss” character but she doesn’t even have a boss fight if anything she’s the m.bison of KI(not gameplay/story wise but you know what I mean).

Reptiles not a boss and he hasn’t been in every game either

He was in the original MK as a secret final boss and like I said damn near every game but that doesn’t mean he was in all of them but the same thing could be said for m.bison in that he’s been a final boss type character yet still shows up in most SF games.

I’m personally not a fan of this mentality at all mostly because it’s enviable no matter if it’s a fighting game or not. People still talk about how Halo 2 will always be the best Halo and 5+ different game sequels for it have come out since then. We can’t always wallow in past and at some point we need to decide it’s time to move on.

If people didn’t like the sequel to KI and preferred this version, that would be absolutely no different than people quitting the game going from season to season like we’ve seen with this one. Some people will like it and some won’t and that’s fine.

I’ve discussed the numerous amount of benefits that having a true sequel for this game provides apposed to just a Season4 at nauseam at this point so I won’t go into that here anymore.

Halo 2 was the best Halo, sure the new ones are fun to play but nothing 343 does will ever live up to how great Halo 2 was in its prime. Also it doesn’t matter if you “move on” or not, half of the games I play daily are older versions of games that have had sequels, so enjoying a previous installment of the game isn’t “wallowing” in the past, its enjoying something that you like regardless of if the series has a bad case of “sequel-itis” or not.

Season 4 if it happens will be fantastic, it’ll keep the game going and there’s no doubt about that. You were wrong in season 2 when you said anyone who wants season 3 over the PC port is basically a cancerous casual killing this community and you’ll be wrong when season 4 hits and you’re playing it along side the rest of us.