HISAKO Tech Thread!

Here is what is happening most of the time. I recorded a video so maybe you can point out what I’m doing wrong because clearly I input the counter but it won’t do it. @Marbledecker @Infilament

I’ll have to check that out when I get home, I can’t access that video from my workplace.

Yeah, the link doesn’t work. Just says I don’t have permission to access it or it’s been deleted.

I fixed the link sorry guys my bad. @Infilament

Looks like you’re pressing the counter too late. Check the input display on that video; your K-K-K is coming after the :arrow_down: in your :arrow_down: :arrow_lower_right: :arrow_right: + P motion. You should be seeing the K-K-K input just after your meaty normal input. Think of the meaty normal and the counter as one input, but press the counter slightly after the meaty.

I think you are pressing counter a little too late there, but you’re doing it in the right order.

I think the real problem in this video is that your normal is actually not a meaty, so you aren’t even reaching the counter-cancelable frames of it before Jago can DP you.

Jago’s DP is 3 frames (ie, the fastest move in the game), which is why I wanted you to pick Kan-Ra here… his sandsplosion reversal is quite a bit slower (at around 9 or 10 frames) so you have a much bigger window to practice.

This technique DOES work on Jago DP, but your meaty has to be absolutely perfect, and I don’t think it was in that video.

1 Like

Thank you guys time to hit the lab after college :smiley:

1 Like

@Samish02: Just so we’re clear on what Infil means by “not a meaty” (since you used the word in another context in the Jago MU thread)… for the attack to be meaty by definition, the last active frame of the normal should connect on your opponent’s first vulnerable frame upon wakeup.

I’m really busy at work these days but if I find some time one of these evenings, I’ll find a setup that works on Jago reliably and make a video about it for you.

(BTW, want to know how I can tell it wasn’t a perfect meaty? Hisako didn’t have a red hitbox on the screen when Jago froze the screen with shadow DP, meaning your normal attack wasn’t ready to hit yet. Shadow DP is the same speed as regular DP, except all its startup happens before the freeze, so it’s a good indicator of “is my attack actually a meaty?”)

1 Like

That would be a super sweet contribution to this thread! :grin:

Just to clarify, a “meaty attack” in general just means an attack that hits on any frame other than the 1st active frame (so it could be the 2nd active frame, the 3rd, etc… it could be the last but it doesn’t have to be).

In this context, it’s okay if the 1st active frame of the attack is the one that makes contact with Jago when he rises. You generally just want a red hitbox to be “on top of Jago” on the 1st frame where he can be hit after waking up, it doesn’t really matter which one it is for this Hisako tech.

1 Like

Thanks bud, I forgot an “s” in that sentence after “frame”. Funny how one character can mean so much… :relaxed:

Not tech… but this is hilarious, and doesn’t deserve its own thread.

2 Likes

Make liberal use of J+HP at appropriate distances. It reaches farther than one might think, test out its max range in Practice Mode. It’s an especially nice way to land a poke on a stationary opponent after a wall jump (more people fall for this than not, since you’re just outside of effective AA range for a lot of characters). It is possible, from certain distances, to land a J+HP > MP manual > ORZ linker to begin a combo. If you can manage to memorize the range and put that into practice, you may find yourself a few more combo opportunities than otherwise.

EDIT: To expand on “appropriate distances”… it’s best to use this when you’re in the air at a distance from your opponent which gives them little to no options to hit you out of the air. Its long range and hitstun appears to be intended to make up for its slower startup. It’s not great as an air-to-air unless your opponents air normals/specials have no hope of hitting you.

Not terrible advanced tech, but good to know nonetheless. If you’re playing an opponent who is wise to command grab reset and is holding up, it is possible to confirm their attempt to jump out into a new combo.

After a light AD, it is possible to mash MP and catch them in pre-jump frames, and confirm that hit into another ORZ for a full combo punish. As this is possible with MP, it should also be possible with any faster button, though since lights do not combo into ORZ I think the medium buttons are best for this application (there’s also more time to confirm the hit off of them).

Against someone who is consistently trying to jump to avoid command grab resets, this is a solid way to punish them and get the reset anyway. It will lose to mash invincible reversal and block obviously, but is a guaranteed punish to jump attempts.

1 Like

I got to touch my Xbox for the firs ttime since Fallout 4 was released last night. I ended up coming up with a little instinct ditty using the new changes to Medium TK-ORZ. I’ll make a video on it and post it ASAP. :smiley:

In celebration (I guess lol)

Hisako Loading Screen Artwork!

1 Like

Heh, that was my background until yesterday when I got the anniversary achievement :smiley:

It’s So cool. I wish the Jago achivement art was like that. :frowning:

1 Like