HISAKO Tech Thread!

I’ve found myseff using Jump+HK in multiple ways, both offensive and defensive.

For exemple,
Offensive: combo + wall splat ending -> full wrath influence -> jump+HK crossup and start a new fresh combo. Most of the time the opponent will block the wrong side… unless he’s mashing DP.

Defensive: fantastic tool against Spinal. He’s teleporting so quickly… so I keep jumping+HK, even at long distance. If he teleports behind me, he’s taking the hit.

I’ll try this jump+MP -> influence thing

1 Like

Any particular setup to try that on, or are you just talking about landing it more or less in neutral?

1 Like

Thus far I’ve only tried it as wakeup pressure (meaty safe jump) and in neutral (with or without wall jump). I definitely need to experiment with it more, and I’m definitely open to suggestion. :grinning:

Wakeup pressure off what is more what I meant. After influence hard knockdown ender? Do we need to take any steps to make sure the timing is solid?

Like with the cross-up off influence ender, you take a single step and jump, and you wind up with the super-deep meaty jump+HK cross-up. Or if you jump in the middle (roughly) of her taking the step, you wind up with a safe jump that’ll let you counter a reversal attempt. What’s the setup or timing mechanism that let’s you guarantee the jump+MP safe jump?

1 Like

I’d be lying if I said I had an answer to that question (a very good question, might I add).

Thus far, I’m just trying to keep the late timing and close spacing in mind, and it works for me when I do it correctly. Nothing too spectacular yet… for instance, dashing right up next to them after an Influence ender and neutral jumping, hitting them on the way back down with meaty J+MP > Influence. I’ve pulled it off after the occasional jump-in in neutral. Also pulled it off a few times after a wall jump. It’s definitely nothing I would call optimal.

But I’ve only been playing with this for a little while and I don’t have anything “guaranteed” just yet;,I am happy to have opened a dialogue about it. I’m going to continue to play with it but I’m really looking forward to any ideas/suggestions/scenarios that more experienced players have to offer. :smile:

I’d recommend not using the wall jump into this against characters with good/decent anti-airs. Hisako’s jump is really floaty and makes it easy to counter off a wall jump. In my experience a wall jump should only be used to get out of the corner, and even then it’s not guaranteed.

wall-jump canceled with early light Air ORZ is a pretty good tool to avoid those “easy DP” and punish them

1 Like

Yeah, this is a very good way to punish people who have solid AA skills. Gotta make sure you time it properly though - can’t eat too many Jago DP’s before the damage really starts adding up.

1 Like

Spent some time messing about in training to see if I could find consistent setups.

This is hard to describe; during the last bit of animation on an influence ender or non-combo influence, hold the stick backward. She’ll begin sauntering backward just as soon as the animation ends… when the heel of the foot furthest from the camera hits the ground behind the foot closest to the camera (the way I perceive it, it’s between a step and a step-and-a-half), jump-in then MP. You still have to ensure you’re not hitting the button too early, but doing it this way makes the window for error much smaller.

I’m going to continue to play with it. I had a taunt>dash forward>neutral jump>MP thing that worked but inconsistently, I need to dig in and find out what made it fail when it did.

Hi guys new to the forums. I’ve been trying to do the OS with Hisako

Can someone help me to do this ? I’ve been in practice mode for quite a while and I can’t pull it off correctly. Everything is working if I dp with jago I get the counter, if I mash a normal I get stuffed by Hisako meaty,

The problem is when I’m blocking the Rekka isn’t coming out. The normal is cancelling into the catch counter. What I am doing wrong ?

Edit : Can this OS also work with Close HP ?

If you’re getting catch counter if your opponent blocks (and not rekka), then you aren’t inputting rekka fast enough.

It has to be REALLY fast.

Thank you for you reply Infil. You seems to have a lot of knowledge with this game. Can you explain to me what are the active frames of a normal are ? Tell me if I’m wrong but is it as an example with Hisako when her naginata begin to hit the opponent ?

Also is it possible to do it with Cl.Hp Cl.Hk ? I thought it would be easier but the counter doesn’t come out when I’m doing a dp. I must clearly be doing something wrong.

The active frames are just the portion of the move that can hit the opponent. If you turn on hitboxes in training mode, you will see a giant red box appear every time you press a button, but usually only for a very brief time. Those are the active frames, and the red box indicates where the move will make contact with the opponent.

My best advice is simply to press your normal and the 3K button for counter almost at exactly the same time (within 1 or 2 frames of each other for the faster normals), then try to cancel the normal into rekka like you normally would. You almost want to think about button + counter as the same button press… if you separate them in your mind, you will probably be too slow. And yes, it will work with close HP and HK but you have to be faster than with far HP or far HK because those buttons are slower.

1 Like

I imagine it’s possible, but when you’re trying to learn how to do the OS it will be very difficult because the close normals are much faster than the far naginata normals; this will give you less of a timing window in which to complete your rekka input. I’d start out with far heavy-kick or something with similar startup frames (# of start up frames is available in the Attack Data interface in Practice mode).

I personally use slower normals for this because I find that the OS will be more consistent.

One problem with far heavies: you can actually counter before they become active so if you do it too quickly the OS will not work (since you will never reach active frames).

1 Like

I can do it with Cl.Mk but not Cl.Hk :confused: i find that the hitbox of close mk is kinda weird I get grabbed a lot :confused:

Thank you for your reply @Infilament. That really help me a lot. So you can correct me if I’m wrong I just want to know if I’m understanding correctly this OS. I’ll separate it in step it’ll be easier to understand.

1. I knock down my opponent.
  2. I use a meaty as an exemple Close MK. and I cancel it into counter when it hit my opponent.
  3. I input the rekka before the red hitbox appear (active frame)

Is that it ?

Pick Kan-Ra as 1P and Hisako as 2P. Record Hisako to do the following:

1. Knock Kan-Ra down, then use a meaty attack (it’s easiest with slow buttons, like far HK, so I would practice with that).
  2. Press either 3P or 3K for counter right at the start of when the red hitbox appears (or slightly before). The timing needs to be lightning fast for quick normals and very slightly delayed for slower normals (like far HK).
  3. Input rekka before the red hitbox disappears.

Play back the recording and change what you do with Kan-Ra to see if your setup works. If you block (or get hit) with Kan-Ra, Hisako should do normal -> rekka. If you do sandsplosion with Kan-Ra(turn on infinite instinct so it’s easier), Hisako should do whiffed normal -> counter. If these things don’t happen, your timing was wrong and you should re-record.

If you get normal -> counter on hit or block, you are inputting counter too slow; input counter faster and cancel into rekka sooner. If the normal gets canceled into counter before it starts hitting your opponent, you are inputting counter too fast (this will be pretty close to impossible for fast normals, but it might happen for far HK because that move is very slow).

4 Likes

Thank @Infilament I’m beginning to have it most of the time now. Sometime the counter doesn’t comes out but it appear in my input and its goes into Rekka. Does it mean I’m doing the counter too quick ? Or anybody else ?

@Marbledecker @MBABanemobius @STORM179

What is the opponent doing in this scenario?