HISAKO Tech Thread!

It’s hard to recommend BnB combos in KI because your combos are supposed to be kinda “freeform” due to the nature of combo breakers. I will say I think she has pretty easy manuals in general (probably because far st.HK is super long startup and they want that to work with heavy manuals, so the faster heavy manuals are like 6f links or something), so if you’re willing to practice those, they should be incorporated into your game.

If you want to know what her best counter breaker punishes are (which is the only time I would recommend you always do the same, exact combo), I list them on my Hisako page: http://ki.infil.net/hisako.html Other characters have somewhat non-obvious max damage counter breaker punishes (e.g., people are doing a Fulgore counter-breaker punish that isn’t max damage because the optimal one isn’t very well known) but Hisako’s are pretty straightforward.

2 Likes
1 Like

for counter breaker punishes, i notice that everybody is able to consistently break her shadow ORZ. so, i just pop counter break soon as i input it and a good 60% of the opposition falls for it. i find that it works best when i got a good life lead and i have their mentality shaken.

im still trying to figure out her manuals, things like this dont come easy for me because i need to see things before i can do them. im a visual learner kinda guy. anyway i did find one out. ill go into a combo > heavy influence linker > cr.MP manual > continue combo. and of course if i land a jumping fierce attack i can then manual into a fierce or a medium attack.

If you are a visual learner, go to the Combo Breaker Training mode and pick Hisako as the AI, then turn on only manuals (ie, turn off all auto-doubles) and turn on only heavy linkers. You’ll get to see the AI randomly pick manuals after various heavy linkers and you’ll get a sense for the timing just by watching.

6 Likes

thanks for the tip!

44:27 - 46:32: Tick throw setup from air-ORZ
46:34 - 51:16: “Hisako Taunt Setup”. Can be OS’d into catch-counter with full wrath.

5 Likes

Lots of wonderful info! Thank you!

1 Like

Got a chance to mess with this last night. I found her to be invulnerable to throws in all circumstances where my timing was true, even against Thunder’s shadow command throw (though it cannot be done as a reaction to the flash)… with one exception:

I could NOT get the anti-throw frame to work on Kan-Ra’s shadow command grab. Not with any timing, not for love nor money. Is anyone else getting the same result??

1 Like

Kan-Ra shadow command grab has something obscene like 18 active frames or some nonsense like that, lol. Most characters can’t backdash it, even (and the ones that can are a range thing, not an active frames thing, I think). It lasts much longer than the throw invincible frames of any Influence grab.

Shadow clutch is jumpable after the freeze, at least.

2 Likes

do you need to be in instinct to do her first OS ?

No, you just need at least 50% wrath (the amount to counter cancel).

2 Likes

Wow this OS is so good thank you

1 Like

Glad you like it, but I’m not the one to thank! Stop by PaulB’s Twitch stream sometime and thank him for bringing this OS out into the light! :grinning:

Excellent tidbit as always Infil! Thanks!

1 Like

Interesting video from LLPaulB: https://twitter.com/LLPaulB/status/637009554715242496?s=09

His Ultra is being tech’d.

Actually just noticed that @UAPaulB is now on the new forum.

Thanks Mr. Ramos, for sharing all of your great content, and especially for the Hisako goodies :grin:

I learned 2 usefull techs from PaulB’s lives (not his tech videos, just him playing) :

• easy grab reset after a light ORZ
  • Hisako’s best tool against Aganos chunks is jump+HK, jump+HK, jump+HK, jump+HK…
1 Like

I’m having some question about that OS from @UAPaulB. Can you do this OS with all normal. As an exemple I can do it with no problem when using Mk as a meaty. But when I’m trying to do it with HP the OS dosen’t come out at all.

What is the timing must I press the 3P during the active frame of the normal or before it ?

From what I’ve noticed it is possible to counter cancel the heavy normals before the active frames come out. You need to delay the counter so you reach the active frames of the normal.

1 Like

J+ Late MP > Medium Influence

J+MP is usually used for an air-to-air, but is great for a safe-jump > grab. This lil’ guy is +12 on block, and has 4 recovery frames. When done properly, you can shave off a few of those recovery frames and leave you with quite a frame advantage.

Spacing is key; as long as you jump in close, the push-back on this normal will put you in range for a medium Influence grab.
Timing is key; if you hit MP too early in your jump, you can be jabbed prior to the grab. If you try Medium Influence too soon, it will whiff and leave you open for a world of pain.

This works on both hit and block. Light Influence has inadequate range for this setup, and Heavy Influence is too slow. This, like most grab setups, can be avoided by the enemy by jumping; however, jumping out of blockstun is pretty counter-intuitive, so you’ll likely land a few of these before they figure it out.

Also, as an aside, J+HK is a fantastic crossup normal.

2 Likes