Hisako in S3

Can you try to help me? Gamertag is the same

Sorry didnā€™t see this until later. Not really sure what I could do to help thoughā€¦youā€™re talking about using her QCB+P linker, yes? Beyond just turning on input display and seeing what input youā€™re using, I donā€™t have any great ideas.

Influence linker does NOT seem to work after certain stagger chains, so if thatā€™s what youā€™re talking about that might be your problem.

Http://m.imgur.com/ylixcXa no itā€™s this linker which I believe was her kicking linker before season 3 came out

Please forgive me, but I tend to avoid links Iā€™m not familiar with - have had some bad experiences in the past :disappointed_relieved:

I will say, though, that Hisako does not have a kick linker - her only kick special will immediately end the combo. If youā€™re playing with Combo Assist you can use kicks to get (I think) influence linker, but there are no kick linkers for standard controls, and I canā€™t imagine a combo dropping in the way you describe while using CAM.

OK - Iā€™ve got footage for a few different videos lined up, wondering which you guys would like to see made first:

• Detailed Breakdown of ORZ Rekka
  • Dealing with Empty Jump > Throw/Attack mixups
  • Hisakoā€™s Mixup Options Branched off of her LP+LK Throw
  • Sadira MU Fundamentals Still Apply in S3

0 voters

Lol. Iā€™m torn between my desire to help fellow Hisako players and my (quite happy) position of hitting people with mixups they donā€™t know even exist. I like to make other Hisakoā€™s better (and will tell anyone I play against how to escape a given setup), but Iā€™m ok with not having every Tom, ā– ā– ā– ā– , and Harry knowing exactly what my options are in any given situation. :sweat_smile:

And so, I vote on the Hisako empty jump stuff, and would vote on the Sadira MU second. Donā€™t judge me too harshly :joy:

1 Like

LOL I totally understand man, no judgment whatsoever. :laughing:

reads Dealing with Empty Jump > Throw/Attack mixups

and sees that it is winning

2 Likes

Thanks to those whoā€™ve voted thus far! :smiley:

Iā€™ve been playing essentialy Tusk since Season 3 is out and had a lot of fun with him, that fun that I had with Sabrewulf in season 1, and Hisako in season 2.

But each time I took back Hisako, I wasnā€™t really doing well, hesitating about a lot of things and even completely forgeting some moves like ā€œpossessionā€.

Anyway, I just decided to play with her tonight more than 1 game and, OMG, the only thing that comes to my mind now is how much I love this character. Sheā€™s even more powerfull with those flip-out and quicker teleportā€¦
I guess I wonā€™t play that much with Tusk anymore.

1 Like

Lol. Welcome back sir :smile:

1 Like

By the way, what happened to Hisakoā€™s grab?

I still can manage Medium manual after the grab to start a combo, but I just canā€™t do it with light manualā€¦ and from what I remember, it was even easier to do a light manual on this move in season 2ā€¦ Did something changed?

It shouldnā€™t have, Iā€™ve not had any trouble with light manuals after a grab.

Ok thanks, I guess Iā€™ll just need some practice

Hehe nobody wants the Rekka videoā€¦ guess Iā€™ll be making that one last :laughing:

Did some testing on several common jump/throw mixup scenarios last night - compiling new footage :smiley:

Could you do something for me? I want to post a thread about the lack of possession being able to capture a staggering character (even though itā€™s a ā€œrealā€ throw now), but need to confirm first that it really canā€™t before I do so. Iā€™m not able to test it out now, and wonā€™t be able to for a while. If youā€™ve got the time, would you mind checking that out in the lab?

1 Like

Absolutely my friend - Iā€™ll hop in the lab when I get home from work and see what we come up with :smiley:

Thank you sir :smile:

Ohh and Possession doesnā€™t work on Glacius shadow paddle punch anymore :ā€™(

No? Could have sworn I nailed that last week - I could be remembering incorrectly tho. May as well test that one out too :smiley: