Hisako in S3

Lurking in here again, because Hisako is the Bane of my KI Existence.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhh yes, LOVE the air-to-air J+LP. I’ve found that adjusting timing, and when precisely in the jump arc you connect the hit, can influence (no pun intended) whether or not you will cross up. Also, if you do the command grab input in the air at a point where the opponent has technically crossed your center-line, you’ll do a ORZ when you land as opposed to a command grab - which is kind of neat if you’ve hit your opponent with the J+LP > Influence once already, since they’ll get an attack to the face when they expect the throw.

I have to play around with it more, but thus far I feel pretty much the same way. It allows us to do some hard-to-break stuff in instinct which is cool, but we had similar things already due to perma-counter-hits while in instinct. Standing HK (the far version) is a good thing to fish for - it allows plenty of time to dash up for a mixup (I personally like dash > LP+LK throw > reset into Influence to avoid scaling and get the knockdown.

Based on my initial testing this week though, it seems like Flip-Out is WAY more useful than stagger. I’m excited to share that tech with everyone, can’t wait to get home from work and start throwing that footage together!!

1 Like

im interested in learning new S3 hisako tech, right now im still killing people with my old stuff from the previous season. if anybody has other stuff to share like the J.LP flip outs, please post em up! Phantom crew unite!

1 Like

Slapping together a video on Flip-Out tech this evening, hoping to have it uploaded and linked to the forum in the next 24 hours or so! :smiley:

That’s no joke - this character is going to take a community to flourish!

3 Likes

if i stumble across anything worthwhile i will be sure to post it up here for you all to look at and refine. i dont have good abilities at theory and creation of tech, but sometimes ill find something that could be a potential base for further improvement :slight_smile:

edit for redundancy

1 Like

Anything at all is much appreciated, friend! :smiley:

you ever do meaty TK ORZ after hard knockdown? i like that ■■■■, its fun lol. i also LOVE doing wallsplat > 100% wrath influence reset > combo. ive erased entire lifebars because of that by setting up confusing combos with odd timings with her delays. not nearly enough hisakos do that and they are seriously missing out.

once the opponent sees you doing it, he’ll jump right into a TK LP. ORZ though i dont know how that’ll work now since it has a delay. ironically though
that delay has actually helped me land it more because guys arent used to the new timing yet

I dig meaty TK-ORZ, but I’m still working at perfecting the timing to be truly meaty. The heavy version is particularly useful in that context due to the cross-up factor.

To my knowledge, the LP version of TK-ORZ still has the same startup frames (but is now -2 or so on block). It’s the TK-ORZ I’ve using when I need a fast S2 style TK-ORZ in a clutch situation; I am also using it after wallsplat since it comes out fast enough to be useful in that situation.

Yeah, meaty TK-ORZ’s are life. :slight_smile:

They’re still really good, but the lack of plus frames on the heavier versions is super annoying - would really like to see the frame data for them :confused: I’m ok with the extra start up, but that extra recovery/loss of plus frames on block is super crappy. There are spaces where it’s still safe or plus I think, but I’ve also gotten punished on them a few times in S3.

Wrath changes also mean that it’s no longer possible in low-wrath scenarios to both refill wrath to max and get a meaty air-ORZ, so that’s also something to look out for. If you had a decent amount to begin with you’re still ok, but if you were empty you have to make the choice on whether you want the pressure or wrath meter.

Also, random stealth nerf: possession no longer beats out shadow pulverize from Aganos. You can still wrath cancel into your counter, but if you let it sit out you’re going to get tagged. Not sure yet on if this applies to other throw-invincible moves like Shago’s Annihilation

1 Like

Actually that was changed and listed in the patch about possession. So now it fully functions as a grab (the whole thing). so now the moment one sees it, pop that throw invincible and punish her good.

1 Like

Yeah that was one of the brand new “green” changes in the list just prior to launch.

1 Like

Mmmmmhmmm. She wasn’t the only one to receive a green change either. this could be very good for omen. fully stocked shadow meter omen? Oh man
that’s gona hurt.

Ah. I never actually went back and looked at the updated change list - I’ll have to go do that now :open_mouth:

Yo I am a hisako main and she is my jam. I should spend more time in this thread and in the lab.

I do have a question about the OS, is this mainly for controller? I feel this would be incredibly hard to do on stick unless you set LP+MP+HP and LK+MK+HK to Macros.

3P and 3K are standard macro buttons on an 8-button fightstick.

I guess that was a stupid question. I never use macros so I totally forgot.

Did they remove one of Hisako’s linkers? I can’t seem to get the light or medium crossover linker to work

Nope. Her linkers (all two of them) are still there :smile:

How come I can’t use one tho?

Beats me. Turn on input display and check to make sure you’re getting the proper inputs. All I can say is I haven’t had any issues getting all of her influence linkers to come out :confused: