Here's the frame data for all dashes in the game

Is it possible there was an extra frame added at either end in the process of observation?

It’s probably either a typo in the patch notes or a typo in the actual game script (though I doubt this, because no character outside instinct/special modes has a backdash faster than 18… 18 seems to be the fastest they want to give).

I don’t think it’s a big deal, though. 18 is literally tied for fastest forward dash in the game (again, outside special modes). I wouldn’t think Kim needs it to be 17.

Fair enough.

And yeah, reduction from 22 to either 18 or 17 is a fine buff regardless.

For kim’s dragon dashes…do you mean she cancel on frame 15 or that the dash is 15 frames long?

Added Raam to the top post.

Dash is 15 frames long.

Gotcha

Added Eyedol’s dash info to the top post, so now every character is accounted for.

2 Likes

Well; it says this in the dojo. That you can cancel the last (4 or 5frames) into a special or shadow move. If kim can’t then it’s a bug…or should be a bug.

Yeah, it’s an old dojo lesson. I remind myself to go back to it every once in a while just for a quick refresh.

Well actually it’s PART of a lesson. Can’t remember which one. Oh it’s the one about “getting more out of dashes and jumps” I believe.

This is why (no offense to you) people should do the dojo asap. Because there are valuable things to learn…but noone wants to learn. :confused:

Stuff has changed, but most of it still applies. Like how it says CH’s give X frames, juggle combos do this etc etc.

Hey guys, noob question: Does the game provide a “reversal” notification for backdashing?

Pretty sure it does not.

1 Like

I frame stepped Shin Hisako’s dash and got 17 (7, 11).

That’s 11 frames from when she disappears until she hits the ground, or from when she disappears to when she can act (b/c she can put a button out after she appears, but cannot “move”)?

Sorry no I meant her backdash, it’s 17 frames with standard invulnerability, I was just stating that to confirm I had checked it.

Worth noting: Riptor gets the same 7 frames of full invulnerability on her backdash like everyone else, but not the extra 4 frames of throw invuln afterward. Also, Mira and Maya backdashes were adjusted in 3.8. They are no longer fully invuln for 11 frames.

Also, Riptor’s predator dashes: 18, 23 (invinc: 11, 11)

Added Kilgore, Shin Hisako, Eagle, and Riptor predator dashes to the OP. Fixed Mira and Maya who are no longer 8,11 invincibility.

3 Likes