Here's the frame data for all dashes in the game

You could also frame step a recorded local match in the replay menu. It’s a little time consuming though.

1 Like

Hey infil, you know in your guide regarding mira and the “if you hold counter breaker buttons you gain and extra hit”, which was thought only she could do? Well it’s actually not true. Every character can hold the counter breaker buttons to gain a heavy linker after the CB.

Just thought you should know.

Yeah, definitely every character can do it. It’s just not useful for any other character because heavy linker does bad damage usually. I don’t think I say “Mira is the only character that can do this” though? I think I say “she’s the only character who makes good use of it” or something

I can’t remmeber. Mira does get an extra 3% out of the linker. Not much but…eh.

I think it’s actually more like 6% if you do the “high risk” 0-meter counter breaker combo with or without holding

I got 4% from j.hk and 3% from j.hp. Both holding.

Without holding, j.hk was 16% dmg and j.hp was 14%.

Yes, but complete the entire combo and then see what the final total is with or without. Mira’s heavy linker also does a ton of white life so without the cash out, it’s not accurate

In that case it’s 7%. But what’s weird is say for example is sadira, I do the heavy CB linker and get 1%. I cash out the lock out combo and still only get 1%.

Infil’s right that you can’t really do raw damage comparisons like that - you need to do the cashout if you’re talking about a situation where linkers are involved. Different ones do different amounts of PD, and Mira’s reaping in particular adds quite a bit of that to any combo it’s used in.

Heavy linkers also add weird scaling rules sometimes to the rest of the combo, so yeah you just have to do the whole thing. During counter breaker combo research, I’ve had time to input a heavy linker at the start/in the middle of some combos and I actually get less damage that way, because it hurts the scaling of the hits that come up after it (like, say, a shadow move that you want to hit hard).

True, since with ARIA for some reason doing a SB M linker does as much a H SB linker…for whatever reason…

So i assume dashes from moves that can be dash cancelled follow the same frame data and don’t have some funkyness added?

I didn’t test specifically but I’d be very surprised if they weren’t the exact same dashes used in neutral.

Are there no throwable frames on landing frames? Because I can’t seem to snag anything after someone lands.

Only if they pushed a button on the way down in the air. Otherwise, they’re more than free to just keep on holding up.

So it is true then…I was expecting it to more like SF where landing frames regardless of what was done can still be thrown upon landing.

You can cancel your landing frames into jump or block if you did not press an air button. That means you immediately go from in the air to pre-jump for your next jump (ie, unthrowable).

1 Like

Well that explains it.

Is this a mistake or the 1 more frame you are counting is something I don’t know?

The 3.5 patch more says: “Her forward dash now finishes in 17 frames (down from 22 frames)
(This should also help with the overall ground positioning and mobility needed to be a very successful footsie style character.)”

The patch notes are wrong in this case, unfortunately. Kim’s dash is 18 frames.

That is to say, there are 18 distinct frames where she is not in neutral and can’t jump (which is how I measured duration of dash). I don’t see any way that the data could give 17 as the number.