Guest characters don't have to be from MS IPs

Sure they don’t HAVE to me Microsoft owned but it makes it a lot easier, I’m sure with the small budget KI is given they don’t want to pay a ton of cash to license a bunch of movie and game characters for use in KI when they have tons of “free” characters to choose from.

3 Likes

I agree with this, its not going to be a guest from a big title because it might be more expensive than simply taking a character they own and making it work in the KI world. That being said, I would not presume to know how much Microsoft is assisting IG in terms of budget though, kinda wish I knew, would help keep my expectations in check.

1 Like

I believe this is close enough.

1 Like

That was sick I can only imagine how cool he would be in ki

ANY of the MK characters including Sub-Zero and Scorpion as potential guest characters in KI would be totally fine by me. So overall I’m in and you can count me in too :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

I point everyone to this thread.

1 Like

I actually agree 99.9% of evrything you say in your video, but joanna part was actually confusing to me because MC and JD are both fps, if anything we need a marvel character ( a guy can dream…cmon beserker barrage tht would be sick asf but i digress). i do like your mindset, fighting game characters like MK’s sub zero or scorpion to promote another fighting game, but my next question for you… can you think of another fighting game character thts not from nrs or capcom, that would make sense to be in KI? ( i cant think of one.)

my votes for Sindel! ha!

Scorpion approves that quote.

3 Likes

Don’t have to be from MS IP’s but they most likely will. Am guessing it will be Scalebound dude.

It can"t be joanna dark because she is from a first person shooting game.

I hope it’s not that Scalebound dude; he’s too “Japanese” (regarding the art-style) for my taste. KI is a 'Merican game.

thats a bit of a poor arguement as to why a character cant be a guest, by that logic, Rash isnt from a fighting game, so he doesnt fit either. (well Rash ACTUALLY doesnt fit in KI so i’ll give you that one)

Link and Ezio dont fit in Soul Calibur because they’re from adventure games

Kratos doesn’t fit in MK cuz hes from a Hack and Slash.

were IG and MS to put Joanna in, i feel like they’ll make her work, honestly shes the only character i could accept as a guest in KI imo

2 Likes

He got put into Soul Calibur as well!

3 Likes

According to crazylcd, it’s actually a good argument. O_o

well hes got his opinions, it doesnt make him right, right and wrong are just words, what matters is whats done, if MS ans IG put her in, they put her in, dont judge a characters gameplay and placement in the universe based on gameplay genre’s

1 Like

just because a guest doesnt look or feel right, like how rash is cartoonist, or scale bound guy is japanese, or how someones from a beat em up, or an fps… its about their gameplay in the end, alot of the fgc fails to realize that just because someone doesnt feel right means they ruin the game or is a waste of a slot. like how link and ezio are in soul calibur, well thts self explanitory they are sword wielders, therefore sword fighting game, rash is capable of hand to hand combat so he feels right at home, just because he looks stand outish doesnt mean hes different ( the outcasting in ki is way too real lol) hes a guest so hes gonna have KI mechanics but the “blood of battletoads”.

2 Likes

That’s not racist. Lol That’s like saying Mortal Kombat X is an American game, and saying that’s racist.

3 Likes

…Hisako… Jago… Kim Wu… Aganos… Tusk… Sabrewulf… All of these characters have foreign culture inspired costumes and art. Even then the game was never Murican, it was British made. One of the best appeals of fighting games is that they host many characters of different backgrounds. Different ethnicities attract a broader audience and even small hints of foreign culture like Orchids “Itch ni san” attack points towards a diverse cast. KI would be dull as heck if it was just white muricans fighting each other.

2 Likes