Guest Characters Discussion *ULTRA THREAD*

#REKT

SUPREME VICTORY!!! EPIC WIN!!!

I think Rash is helping this game b-l-o-w up, KI is getting more attention than it has in ages.

2 Likes

“References and themes” being key here, not straight copy paste of a named character from another IP with a modern model.

I don’t particularly dislike Rash, but I’m put off by him. He looks noticeably out of place as far as visual design. Some of his moves are way too flashy for me and the rest seem interesting at most. I think they can do right by Rash and KI with a little more work.

I feel bad that I can’t specify what makes him feel off. It may just be because he’s missing a linker, and the lighting or colors being too bright.

1 Like

I understand Rash is one of those love it or hate it things. I think it is way too early to pass judgment on Season 3. Personally I loved the way Season 3 was announced with a twisty surprise. But anyway, by the time Season 3 launches I am certain Rash will not be the focus.

I hope they can take my mind off him soon. Not that he ruins my experience, but since he’s essentially the poster boy for Season 3 being announced, and the only character from Season 3 that we currently have access to, I’m just turned off from playing too much.

Also, I’m just too excited for Destiny’s expansion. That’s another reason for me to not as involved as I was two weeks ago.

Destiny is the worst game I’ve played in my life. There, rant end :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I don’t mind the guest characters as long as we don’t see something like, Banjo-Kazooie in the game. Love Banjo-Kazooie, but they’d look way too out of place. Rash is already close to cross that line :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding them using returning character slots, I doubt it. There’s only 4 missing returning characters, and I don’t even know if Eyedol has a place there.

Except for the fact that you dont know that they will be taking up the s3 character slots so youre just making an uninformed opinion maybe wait until they give more details then post your “rant”

I don’t think that that’s the problem. Lets say the season includes 9 original characters and then we get 3 guests, OP and I would still prefer 12 original characters. They are always taking the place from original characters even if its not in the season.

I’m so glad that the forums are back for such riveting and informed posts such as these. Hate to rain on your “end of the world/game ruined forever” parade, but guest characters bring more attention to the game and are usually the most purchased. So if you want to continue to cry, go for it. It won’t change a thing.

Congrats on taking my words out of context, you win the coveted “Learn how to read” award.

I never said “the game is ruined for ever” i said that i believe that guest characters taint it, its become the norm for guests to be in fighters for no reason, only that it gets the game more money, while im not opposed to KI getting more attention and more money, but a guest character sellout is personally not my favorite form of doing so, if there was one thing i loved about KI is that it didnt have to copy other games to be good, it didnt need guests to get noticed, like every other fighting game, but this personally made me upset to see KI go down the mainstream road.

Say what you want, but you cant tell me i cant voice my opinion on the matter

Never said you couldn’t. Just said the QQing wasn’t going to change a single thing. You can have your “Learn how to read” award back now.

No refunds.

Anyway, my point is, i know i cant take Rash out as much as i would like it, and nothing will make me like this character or the idea of guests, i understand decisions were made and im in a minority, i think Battletoads is honestly a boring and bad game and doesnt deserve a spot in KI.

Yes the game is getting attention, thats good, i just disagree with HOW its getting attention i personally wanted to voice my opinion on guests.

Im gonna lock this thread (if thats even possibly atm), this topic, by the end of the day, is unimportant to say the least,

the true thing thats important is that guest or not, KI got a 3rd Season, i’ll still buy the Ultra Edition because i love the franchise, one or two guests wont make me hate the game, i’ll just hate the characters and think NEW KI characters could easily take their place, so long as the last few returning characters look and play well, i’ll be happy enough

Yeah but that wouldnt of happened anyway this way we might get a few extra characters and they most likely wont have stages/accessories and so on so theyd take less time to make, its unfair to say there cant be ANY at all just because you feel some weird way about them for some reason, now if you dont like the characters themselves because you think they dont fit the universe thats a different story and understandable i doubt there will be more funny/joke characters like rash

I don’t have a problem at all with them being funny but here is the thing, if after season 2 they would decide ok we are gonna make some more characters (3-4), they are bonus characters so they don’t have stages and anything like that. We are just making them to increase the roster and you could buy them as a dlc pack I would still prefer original characters without costumes, stages and whatever but I get your point.

Not bonus characters, guest characters. I think the guests will have stages. Rash had his own theme so I assume he’s gonna have a stage attached to it. Bonus character would be like Omen because he was an extra 9th character in our 8 character package. The guest characters are apart of the 8 pack so they get stages. That doesn’t mean they’ll be part of the story though.

Maybe I would feel the same way if the entirety of the original cast wasn’t in.

But Tusk/Wu/Gargos are guaranteed locks , and Eyedol I don’t really care for. So…I’m cool with whatever.

1 Like

It hasnt been confirmed that the guests are part of the main 8 characters

1 Like

Im glad I not the only that think that the Guest Characters are just a Bonus for the fans and will not “steal” any character slot from Season 3

Yep. Guests ain’t gonna affect season 3 slots at all. This would be a very lazy thing replace newcomers with guests. Nonsense.

1 Like

This is a much more blunt expression of my feelings when S3 was announced.

The announcement of S3 made my heart soar with delight for the closure to the hot topic of the game’s future and missing characters.
And then I saw Rash and I got a sick feeling in my tummy for the direction they chose to take the game. Just like the announcement of Mists of Pandaria, I prayed that what I was seeing was just a bad joke that we’d all laugh about later. But Alas…

My more lengthy but tactful response can be found here:

2 Likes