Guest Characters Discussion *ULTRA THREAD*

Not bonus characters, guest characters. I think the guests will have stages. Rash had his own theme so I assume he’s gonna have a stage attached to it. Bonus character would be like Omen because he was an extra 9th character in our 8 character package. The guest characters are apart of the 8 pack so they get stages. That doesn’t mean they’ll be part of the story though.

Maybe I would feel the same way if the entirety of the original cast wasn’t in.

But Tusk/Wu/Gargos are guaranteed locks , and Eyedol I don’t really care for. So…I’m cool with whatever.

1 Like

It hasnt been confirmed that the guests are part of the main 8 characters

1 Like

Im glad I not the only that think that the Guest Characters are just a Bonus for the fans and will not “steal” any character slot from Season 3

Yep. Guests ain’t gonna affect season 3 slots at all. This would be a very lazy thing replace newcomers with guests. Nonsense.

1 Like

This is a much more blunt expression of my feelings when S3 was announced.

The announcement of S3 made my heart soar with delight for the closure to the hot topic of the game’s future and missing characters.
And then I saw Rash and I got a sick feeling in my tummy for the direction they chose to take the game. Just like the announcement of Mists of Pandaria, I prayed that what I was seeing was just a bad joke that we’d all laugh about later. But Alas…

My more lengthy but tactful response can be found here:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I find your solution absolutely ridiculous. No one should have to be penalized for picking a character they want to play. It’s not like it’s a purposely overpowered boss character like Gill. Exhibition maybe, but Rank? That is unacceptable. Even if it were available in Exhibition, if you don’t want to play Rash, just leave after the first game.

Yeah, I noticed this one too. I was confused when I first saw it and asked myself “are they not meant to go the other way?”

Still, I do love it when you hear the “BAAAA!” when he charges.

I can understand some people’s gripe about Rash, but to be honest, I’d rather they got characters like Rash out of the way early so they can put their time and effort into some hardcore, serious characters.

Not saying I don’t like him. His limited moveset is countered with the tongue mechanics for mix ups and mobility, but I won’t view him as a serious tie-in to the story.

Maybe he’s the result of Kan Ra opening that portal to Gargos’ dimension and Rash came through another portal opened elsewhere? IDK.

Guest characters will definitely be taking up “slots.” They are planned to have two outfits and background stages. They are real characters. But I think it’s wrong to say they are taking up slots that would otherwise be occupied with other original characters. We have no idea how big the roster is even going to be yet. There were tons of discussions on this board before the announcement about how S3 doesn’t need 8 full characters. So, if we get 5 “regular” characters and 3 guests, whose to say that they are replacing anything?

This is really just another way of saying “I don’t want guest characters.”

1 Like

In the story, Battletoads doesn’t even have to exist. They could just say that Rash is the product of radioactive runoff from UltraTech labs where Fulgore was being developed, and everyone would be happy because, then, he’s just a TMNT parody, and KI is all about the parodies.

For me personally, I don’t think more guest characters from Rare or Microsoft is too grand of an idea. I think Rash is a decent guest, but from now on I’d rather see new characters after Kim Wu, Tusk, Eyedol and Gargos.

I think Rash is a ton of fun. With all the goodness that has come from Rare Replay, I had a feeling we were going to see a possible guest character from the Rare franchise. Rash did catch me a little off guard as I was expecting someone more like Kameo ( From Kameo lol ) or Joanna from Perfect Dark. I was really hoping for Kameo as we saw some unused work that Rare did with her design in the past:

1. http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/rarekameo2.jpg
  2. http://www.purerarity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cascade2.jpg

I still cant post pictures so apologies about that.

Kameo has soooo much potential as a character for this game, I mean she has the power of the elements and could easily (well assuming they semi did a clone) be built off of Orchids build.

All in all, Rash did catch me off guard, but he is tons of fun and most importantly, NOT FINISHED! Think back to the original KI games, Riptor farting, orchid Flashing someone, tj making the opponent bust out in a dance, all these things are silly…silly but fun. I think that they do have to be careful with how they balance the silly factor but it is and always was a part of KI.

All I know is I can not wait to see what Season 3 brings us and cant wait to use Rash once he is done (we saw a couple extra moves in his trailer and I am sure there will be more changes)

Only time will tell, but I am happy that KI is growing and respectfully disagree with the “sullied” comment.

Cheers!

KiHazard

the nanobots is probably a better explanation for Rash. BUT the “portal” is an obvious expatiation I think its related to Rah and Aria trying to contact Gargos and accidentally open a few extra portals in the process.

It would also explain Rash’s intro animation.

Continuing the discussion from Guest Characters Discussion ULTRA THREAD:

Oh really? What do you have to prove this claim since it hasn’t even happened? You don’t know what you don’t know.

Okay, still want to voice my opinion. This is what I would like.

Your post was beautiful, but I would’ve left this bit out.

This reminds me of entitled gamers who get ■■■■■■ about launch DLC, claiming that it “should be in the main game”, no matter how high-quality and content-packed the main game is. At what point do you look at the main value proposition before you and say, “that’s a fair deal, do what you wish with the rest”? Does a developer really have to dedicate all of their reserves to bettering the main experience?

1 Like

Yes really I’m part of the gears forums they don’t give a ■■■■ about gears being in ki

But imagine an Orchid skin in Gears. Holycrap I would play that.

Neh no thanks lol