Grenade input

I’m watching LCD’s stream right now (delayed, because I coudln’t watch it much yesterday) and I agree that I have the same issue with Orchid regarding to the nade input while in instinct: you want to send a firecat and block back sometimes you get a nade.
Has this happened to other Orchid players as well?

Well firecat is HP+HK while in instict, and the grenade is b+3P, right? I don’t see how or why this should even be a problem in the 1st place…

Grenade is back + HP

I always thought that moves like this should be PPP or KKK instead of B+HP.

Omen is a good example with shadow form, or Hisako counters

1 Like

I’d love if they change firecat to ppp or kkk

I thought that might be the case. It still shouldn’t be a problem though.

She is talking about performing the motion while blocking

Somehow, B+HP overlays HP+HK while blocking, so you want to actually block something AND get the firecat(which is possible and a good idea), but instead you get grenade and get opened

2 Likes

Didn’t know you could use a firecat while blocking. I’ll have to remember that. I’d put it in the bug thread then.

Is not that.

You are playing neutral, going forward and backwards, and then you are walking backwards(expecting an attack) AND you throw firecat to beat the attack and open your opponent.

But instead, B+HP is registered, and you get grenade

1 Like

3P or 3K inputs for cats would give you issues while trying to do cats in rekkas and other offensive pressure strings. They’d be liable to give you shadows when you don’t want them.

2 Likes

I never got a shadow form/shadow rashakuken/shadow orda in an unintended moment with Omen, so I don’t know if this would be applicable

happened to me just the other day. I dont use her often, but that is something i noticed[quote=“Dayv0, post:11, topic:16458”]
I never got a shadow form/shadow rashakuken/shadow orda in an unintended moment with Omen, so I don’t know if this would be applicable
[/quote]

Inexperienced players tend to use 3p, 3k for heir shadow moves. It may not happen to you but it happens to a lot of players. It used to happen to me when Omen first dropped. I even requested Shadow form be moved to HP/HK way back when.
Now ive trained my self to never use 3p,3k for shadow moves.

SO Storm is right… it will happen when you dont want it to.

Mmmm, I don’t know, maybe my muscle memory is messing me up.

I’m not an arcade stick user, I play with the gamepad, and I use LB and LT sometimes for shadow moves. Maybe I educated myself to not use them with Omen and I’m not aware XD

Its not about the button, its about the motion of the stick before the button is pressed. If you are holding back to block and then you swing forward with the stick to direct the shadow form, you can get a shadow crazy kick if not careful. Or what would happen to me is I wanted to do shadow kick and I got shadow form instead.
Its all about precision and newer players arent too precise and they are mainly just mashing and pressing directions like crazy, hoping their moves comes out eventually.

So now I never use 3k for shadow kick…I ALWAYS use HK and MK for my shadow kicks to avoid incidental shadow form.

I understand that. I even use the buttons for the Ultra, but to get it sure I’m training to hit the seventh button in the arcade stick. My problem is the buttons layout is razer/madcats style. My hands are small, woman hands XD So sometimes I don’t catch the buttons well in the heat of the battle. Also sanwa buttons are too responsive, I trained most of my life with the standard ones, you have to hit them harder =P
I still hit them hard XD Can’t avoid the adrenaline.

Funny thing, I was playing some offline matches lately and had some little fun “baiting” counterbreakers mashing the arcade stick a bit. I could also see was he was trying to do and anticipate (peripherall view). How lovely is that? Good old days! it was a great practice because we starded to play in a “stealth mode”, making less noise and classy , so we could only focus on the match (because we weren’t using any headsets). Really nice practice matches! with all included.

Off topic but this reminds me of:

2 Likes

Yeah I was responding to @Dayv0 , but yes that’s a good idea to bait via fake breaking sounds on the stick.

Yeap, sorry for the intrusion, I was liking the conversation so I couldn’t help it XD

1 Like

Yes!!

no worries… Ive seen people “peek” at their opponents breaking habits. Kind of cheap if you ask me. But I understand why people would do it. Why not if it isnt illegal.right?

This is a big reason why my real life friends don’t play shooters with me anymore - they got tired of me screen-looking while we played splitscreen. So, I’m all for separating players.

1 Like