Grenade input

Lol. There was one guy I played in casuals at CEO who had the most telegraphed breaks I’ve ever seen. He’d hunch over, tense up, get closer to the screen, and then mash breaker when the second hit of the delayed double hit. It was the most egregious break tell I’ve ever seen.

I wasn’t even trying to look, but I could just see all this action out the corner of my eye and, competitive SOB that I am, I’d just buffer my counter break and profit. :sweat_smile:

How do you" buffer" a counter breaker? Like a dialed up MKX combo?

On Hisako’s wind up doubles, you can’t actually counter break while she’s winding up. If you want to get the counter to happen first frame of the wound up hit though, you can press MP+MK as she’s rearing for the hit. Not sure exactly how big that buffer window is, but it actually feels fairly large.

1 Like

ahhh…ok makes sense. Hisako is just a beast man…she has so much more than I realized.

The only way around this is to crouch block during instinct and send firecats out. Doing it standing will cause you get grenade because it’s on the same input. It’s definitely a nuisance but I don’t see them changing it. I also wish you didn’t automatically get a single firecat upon activation because it can mess up a lot of punishes.

Just the other day I activated instinct during a sadira mid jump. I tried to punish with Shadow Uppercat and since the firecat hit first it was considered opener ender and I got bodied for it.

There is also the infamous rekka rekka rekka into automatic heavy auto double because you sent a firecat to cover yourself even though you didn’t want it.

It would be nice to see Orchid’s inputs be cleaned up in general.

1 Like

Very nice examples from situations with inputs. Specially from someone who uses the character more than I do :relaxed: