Green Mist obscures character colors/accessories

No it doesn’t make sense. Shago, Omen, and random select are in the center, the 4 characters in each row to the left of them are facing to the right and the characters to right of them are facing to the left EXCEPT Hisako she is facing to the right.

Hisako is facing right but looking left. If you flip her she’d be looking the wrong way.

4 Likes

Unless you can provide an extreme closeup of her on the character select screen I say she is facing to the right towards Cinder and needs to be flipped.

My gripe with the character select screen is that you can’t cancel any selections. If you mistakenly hit random select there is no way to go back even if the other player takes all the time in the world. That and some of the animations aren’t as cool as others. Like Mira who just steps forward. Oh also it loads the characters to slow. You can at times just hit the config you want and the character would still not show up.

Also why can’t they use any old simple photo program and fix hisako’s face so she looks in the correct direction

Hisako is looking at the right way. She is looking in a different direction her face is facing.

1 Like

When you play a character online you should know the colors and costumes you prefer beforehand, you’re not window shopping for outfits on the select screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

[quote=“CRIS178, post:24, topic:9907”]
Oh also it loads the characters to slow. You can at times just hit the config you want and the character would still not show up.
[/quote] There is actually a fix for that, but only the PC version…load the game from a solid state drive. That’s how my PC setup is, and the character load is near instantaneous. I know that doesn’t really help XB1 players, but it is out there as an option.

Wow I say the mist is ok but I am guessing what lower half some may be wearing i.e. Kim etc
It’s not so much a problem but a nuisance in the form of the mist.

I’m most happy of the attempt of awesome selection animations.

Some are a bit better than others my faves being Kim Fulgore Glacius Mira & Tusk

Regarding the Hisako image, I can see the perspective of both sides, which is why I think we simply need an entirely new image for her instead - one that shows her head turned in the same direction that she’s actually looking, just like everyone else’s image is doing.

1 Like

Yeah the green smoke effect is very cool but should NOT be layered on top of characters, it would be much more fitting behind them and wouldn’t hide half the character model.

1 Like

I agree; I think it would make more sense and still look really cool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve looked at Hisako on the character select screen up close on my 32" and undoubtedly she’s facing to the right not the left, she needs to be flipped.

What will convince you? I think I might need a dev to confirm this @developers

So far the best solution on here that ive heard is to put the mist behind the characters. Very simple solution (I assume), that still keeps the overall design and ambiance intact. Cuz while I do think that the green mist is cool looking, it’s just way too obtrusive.

I agree.

Not necessarily. Ppl who play competitively online maybe, but the vast amount of ppl who just play exhibition matches, or play locally, or are brand new to the game in general may not know all the color schemes. And I personally like to cycle through colors and outfits while I’m choosing. Whats the point in unlocking all these colors and accessories if you don’t get to “window shop” around with them a little?

1 Like

I Love the mist and think it should be left exactly as it is. Everyone whined about wanting stuff like clouds and lightning or mist etc…on the select screen and thats what they did. I literally have no problem seeing what color or costume is on currently. I will respectfully have to disagree, and I think that’s reaching pretty far in my opinion.

Also, I would be nice to see the character before selecting them, not just a shadow. newcomers might be put off by the fact that they cant’ recognize who they are picking.

I don’t like the misty purple and green in the character select screen and most of all I find it really awkward and jagged how they move from the shadowy figure background to the forefront when you select each character. Really not necessary and non-fluid what so ever. I wish they’d resort to the classic way they showed up with out trying to be fancy where it doesn’t even work.

The reason for the shadows is because of the lengthy loading time it took when you cycled through the characters before. Personally I prefer this method a lot more. You can go through all of the characters fast and easily, and only have to wait for the screen to load the character you’re choosing.

The one thing I do miss though, is that before when I wanted to choose “Random”, all I’d have to do is press up and it would shoot right down to random. Now because of where it’s placed I have to manually take my cursor to it. But that’s a minor gripe. The mist is really my main concern.