Giant Spiders

Well, from his experience, the defensive bites don’t hurt as much. But the feeding ones do. this is because when he handfed a snake it mistaken his hand for a rodent. As a result they coil around his hand and when they bite down they are hard to get off.

Your best bet when feeding a snake is to use tongs to feed a snake and not the hand. This way, it will be able to detect the scent from the rodent alone. Pythons especially would be able to identify the mouse from the tong when the heat sensitive pits they have. That way, your hand won’t get bit. Tongs are the best bet to avoid getting bitten.

This is because the defensive bites are just trying to keep the hand away form them.

2 Likes

I’ve been bitten by a brown recluse twice,these little f’rs do nasty damage

But i still like Spiders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup they do, you didn’t get necrosis did you?..hwile thes espiders do cause it. It is rare. Sadly when it coems to the brown recluse and black widows they are the one sI kill. I feel bad about it each time.

1 Like

Or in the case for the giant ones, squeeze/constrict you for that matter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So now what spiders do you have in your area where you live?

Honestly, apart from black widows in the countryside, I haven’t heard about dangerous ones. I know tarantulas (wolf Spiders?) can be common (but I’ve never came across them)…Or maybe I’ve been lucky enough not to find much,despite I got very close to black widow’s webs during an excursion in Patagonia’s plateau close where I used to live.

The last news: I’ve heard about that brown spider that’s very dangerous and tends to hide behind frames and/or different objects in the house.

2 Likes

Thats the brown recluse.

I think you folks will find this article very intresting.

3 Likes

I didn’t get Necrosis,but 1 bite was bad enough i was rushed to the hospital.I got bit on my neck and it swelled up so bad that i couldnt breathe properly.Nothing like waking up from a deep sleep struggling to breathe,with your neck/throat swelling
:fearful:

Good thing your okay. The bites form a brown recluse are not immediately painful, but they can be serious.

1 Like

Indeed! I know it as “araña violinista” or now: Chilean recluse spider ( Loxosceles laeta).

OMG, I thought it was from North America but now with that name…I’ve even been to Chile and no one ever talked to me about that spider. I think it’s no joke. But people usually won’t talk about any of this until something happens. Lately there’s been a scorpion’s boom in the warmer and humid places of the country (the middle part). The species is dangerous to kids and babies mostly. A little ago I saw one myself for the first time in another province . Scary =0!! It’s tiny, but some kids were playing in the streets close to were it was lurking.

2 Likes

Yeah recluses don’t like being out in the open. Fatalities with this spider and the widow spiders are rare. However the reason why it can affect the elderly and toddlers necaus eof the immune system. It has be strong enough to handle the effects. But veen someone in their teens-thirties can die form the bites if their immune system is very bad.

3 Likes

Some info abut a brown recluse bite for those interested

The bite frequently is not felt initially and may not be immediately painful, but it can be serious. The brown recluse bears a potentially deadly hemotoxic venom. Most bites are minor with no necrosis. However, a small number of brown recluse bites do produce severe dermonecrotic lesions (i.e. necrosis); an even smaller number produce severe cutaneous (skin) or viscerocutaneous (systemic) symptoms. In one study of clinically diagnosed brown recluse bites, skin necrosis occurred 37% of the time, while systemic illness occurred 14% of the time.[15] In these cases, the bites produced a range of symptoms common to many members of the Loxosceles genus known as loxoscelism, which may be cutaneous and viscerocutaneous. In very rare cases, bites can even cause hemolysis—the bursting of red blood cells.[16]

As suggested by its specific epithet reclusa (recluse), the brown recluse spider is rarely aggressive, and bites from the species are uncommon. In 2001, more than 2,000 brown recluse spiders were removed from a heavily infested home in Kansas, yet the four residents who had lived there for years were never harmed by the spiders, despite many encounters with them.[17][18] The spider usually bites only when pressed against the skin, such as when tangled within clothes, towels, bedding, inside work gloves, etc. Many human victims report having been bitten after putting on clothes that had not been worn recently, or had been left for many days undisturbed on the floor. The fangs of the brown recluse are so tiny they are unable to penetrate most fabric.[19]

Around 49% of brown recluse bites do not result in necrosis or systemic effects. When both types of loxoscelism do result, systemic effects may occur before necrosis, as the venom spreads throughout the body in minutes. Children, the elderly, and the debilitatingly ill may be more susceptible to systemic loxoscelism. The systemic symptoms most commonly experienced include nausea, vomiting, fever, rashes, and muscle and joint pain. Rarely, such bites can result in hemolysis, thrombocytopenia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, organ damage, and even death.[20] Most fatalities are in children under the age of seven[21] or those with a weak immune system.

While the majority of brown recluse spider bites do not result in any symptoms, cutaneous symptoms occur more frequently than systemic symptoms. In such instances, the bite forms a necrotizing ulcer that destroys soft tissue and may take months to heal, leaving deep scars. These bites usually become painful and itchy within 2 to 8 hours. Pain and other local effects worsen 12 to 36 hours after the bite, and the necrosis develops over the next few days.[22] Over time, the wound may grow to as large as 25 cm (10 inches). The damaged tissue becomes gangrenous and eventually sloughs away.

3 Likes

Indeed so @KIGod420

1 Like

Wolf Spiders, at worse just ya feel like crap after a bite, but theynever want to. If ya hate widows and recluse, Wolf Spiders are your best friend. In fact, I’ve caught a good number of them, i’ve even caught three in one month and le tthem go outside, especially when they keep the real enemy at bay: the roaches that live in my house. Too bad we don’t have any big enough to kill these f*ckin’ mice!

2 Likes

This is my giant spider… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually like them, I’ve seen that people can handle them without getting biten. Looks like they are bot that agressive. I used to let those long “mosquito” spiders walk in my arms when I was a child, but stopped doing it when my mother toldo they would bite me u.u (yeap, I also used to grab bees…)

Anyway, I prefer spiders out of my house n_n

2 Likes

Yeah. Anything I can’t have any sense of common agreement with. I can’t trust within my house. If I could speak with ants and tell them stay out of the kitchen/bedrooms and I will give them all the sugar they will need everything would be fine. Lol.

Spiders too. I can’t tell them where in the house is off limits nor can I make them understand that I don’t want to hurt them so they won’t bite me. No communication=no trust=stay out of my house.

2 Likes

Best way to do that is to keep the bugs (their prey out). If you ahve too many insects you attarct spiders (Typically)

2 Likes

Ah yes the only giant spider, I DON’T like. Well if I wanna be technical, just a woman with spider powers and not really a true spider creature, lol. Even so, this is one I wish I could squish consistently. XD

Long mosquitos? ya mean crane flies? those are harmless they actually eat harmful mosquitos XD

1 Like

We should play sometime. Help you learn to squish her