Getting tired of being called a "try hard"

A direct personal insult? Most certainly not! I’m merely insinuating that your own superiority complex is well, to be frank, getting the better of you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This reminds me of Injustice. Lex Luthor’s Intro?

“Must I remind you of my superiority?” -Lex

1 Like

My favorite Injustice character, and for good reason - he had reach and shields! Sound familiar? :wink:

1 Like

I get a good amount of blacklash from my opponents because I’m a rash player. Even though I try to play a more honest footsie game even though my character is usually played differently, mostly due to how anxious I am, so I can understand how it feels to get such negative, almost childish, responses from opponents.

However, I can’t speak for everyone, but I applaud your efforts, and I encourage to keep improving! Also I have a lot of fun fighting glacius, and I can’t see why anyone would get salty over fighting him lol.

1 Like

I had a lot of fun playing Lex, and really got into the role - unlike here, where people get upset at my Aganos, it made them laugh:

Upon choosing Lex: “Introducing LexCorp’s newest prototype, the LexCorp Battlesuit - it’s going to kill you.”

Upon choosing Lex’s stage: “Welcome to LexCorp Labs, where everything is designed, and patented, to turn you into dust. Please enjoy your stay! After all, it won’t last long…”

1 Like

“Try Hard” is probably the strangest insult in the history of the internet.
I mean, think about it.
"Ugh, you’re putting EFFORT into this? Loser. Stop trying so hard to win! It’s preventing me from winning!"
If someone’s insecure enough to unironically use the term Try Hard as an insult they really aren’t worth the bandwidth to communicate with them.

Don’t sweat it, OP. Just know that your skill is high enough that scrubs get angry at you and start calling you names. That’s a big milestone on the road to being gud at games! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I feel you man - I don’t play Rash, but as a Hisako main I get some pretty interesting reactions.

When it’s not “your char is bullsh*t” etc… I find that there are some people who are genuinely frightened by Hisako. It’s actually pretty hilarious when it happens.

Also - the one and only message I’ve ever received on PSN consists of “ggs” and then “f*ck you” copy/pasted to character limit.

I remember how I got 2 or 3 ultra ed when I played rash. I just wanted the ranked achievement with him, and I got SO much hate for playing him. The only rash players I hate go like this. Tongue,wreaking ball, wreaking ball, tongue, tongue, tongue, shadow boot, wreaking ball, wreaking ball, wreaking ball. I get using those but mix some moves in there also.

Again this is not a bash on you in any way just because you use rash. :slight_smile:

Rash can’t use 1 wrecking ball immediately after another without touching the ground 1st, and most of them will do a follow-up attack while still in the air anyways. I find blocking the wrecking ball and follow-up attack and then hitting them with a quick-hitting low attack (c.LK usually works for me) as they land and cancelling that on hit into a full-combo punish is generally a good idea. It’s risky with the timing, but you cans also use c.HP (which is usually a great anti-air for most characters) to get past his armor and wreck his wrecking ball. If your character has a move that low profiles, you can use that and hit Rash in the back as he lands as well. Furthermore, if you can get the timing right, you might be able to shadow counter off of the follow-up hit following the block on the wrecking ball. Rash is annoying, to be sure, but he’s not as hard as people seem to think, especially since he’s only got 3 ADs, which are easy to read.

Just as a note, Rash is at frame advantage if he forces you to block a follow-up normal after wrecking ball, so if he decides to do anything other than jump again and you press a button you’re going to get hit. I’ve no no doubt that many Rash players transition immediately into more air pressure after a blocked wrecking ball sequence (particularly against Aganos), but this is something you probably want to keep in mind as you’re playing defense. If an opponent makes you block an air attack, it’s not really your turn yet.

I have very little random play time. Very little playtime in general really. I think my highest character is lv 5, maybe 6.

(Yes even after all this time I’ve covered around. Surprisingly large swathes of my time are at work watching streams and posting, etc)

I’ve gotten three hateful messages so far from randoms. One guy got severely butt-hurty over me random-selecting and said was.doimg that because I COULDN’T WIN WITH MY MAIN. I was beating him with random selection (5 outa 6 matches)…and I’ve had two others accuse me of playing lame because I play my Kim carefully and with what I hope is good spacing… one of those players lost a life bar to me doing almost NOTHING but yolo full screen dragon kicks because, after the first match I realized he didn’t know how to block, So i decided to ■■■■ around. Like 6 in a row… and he ■■■■ talks ME.

I say all this to illustrate that most people who are going to talk ■■■■ and be hateful during/after a match are just going to do it. Regardless of logic. It’s something you have to accept, the world is peopled by angry, small individuals. I usually find them funny personally.

2 Likes

I think this term has different meaning across different genres and I just can’t see it applying to fighting games in general. I play Rainbow Six Siege as well and feel like the term applys a lot more to this game and other games were team work is the key.

I have had guys yelling at not only me but other team members “He was obviously around the corner waiting for you to show yourself! Why didn’t you know that?!” “He was right there! How did you not kill him there?!” And this was a casual game and not a ranked game so I don’t see what their deal is. Now I feel like THAT is the definition of a try hard.