Getting tired of being called a "try hard"

Just crush them and move on. These people aren’t enjoying themselves regardless of what game they’re playing.

4 Likes

Haha. And I’m just saying that I (and others I’m sure) do the same, but seemingly without getting a ton of hate mail. I don’t make people wait in between matches, but I almost never hold back in a fight and I rarely switch off my character. I almost never get angry messages though. Maybe the occasional “you block too much” or other nonsensical missive, but in general the most likely result from me bodying someone in Exhibition is a short and peaceable “GG’s”. :-p

Don’t feel bad. I absolutely LOVE getting hate mail. It honestly makes my day. I was called a tryhard after I destroyed someone with my day 1 Tusk. The other person proceeded to tell me that “Everyone knows Tusk is broken” and that if I should try with a season 1 or 2 character, I’d get my butt kicked. It was hilarious.

By the way, I can relate. I have a full time job and 4 kids. Just enjoy the game and know you will run into whiney kids sometimes who blame others for their own shortcomings.

I alway reply “I’m not trying hard :/” with that little “sorry to disappoint” emoji lol

2 Likes

I was once called a “Cheeser” by a Tusk player. That was fun.

1 Like

Not even sure how I’d feel about that, LOL

I guess that’s a compliment? If your strats made him think “cheese” you were likely onto something good.

What a dumb insult lol tryhard doesn’t really work for this. Of course your are trying hard, you are trying to get better and beat your opponent…a Trihard is somebody like Big Body Bes :laughing:

Yeah see, this isn’t the right context for that phrase. I agree.

Yet another example of bastardized language. 2016 pls.

I really don’t get that ppl. It’s obvious when you are learning a new character. I respect that when I with a main and their not. But I don’t enjoy when they taunt that much =\

Glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. I giggle like a school girl when I get hate mail. I also put another notch on the board and celebrate when I beat someone so bad that they submit before the match is done (also known as rage quitting).

1 Like

I only get satisfaction on a RQ if it’s a good match against a good player…When I just scrape somebody away and they RQ, that’s just a waste of time.

If you don’t take the game seriously, you’re a “causal” and get treated like crap.

If you do take the game seriously, you’re a “try-hard” and get treated like crap.

3 Likes

I get a similar reaction from players sometimes when they see my Aganos. They’re all like, “really!? Him!? Can’t you play a “real” character!?” …as if that was actually supposed to mean something.

Frankly, I can’t believe they’re actually trying to blame me for THEIR FAILURE to learn the matchup. :unamused:

1 Like

Oh yeah, it’s always someone else’s fault when these people underperform. I’ve even gotten some lovely hate mail from a C88 member who claimed Aganos was OP lol.

I try to keep my distance from Tusks until I feel I can move in. Doesn’t always work, but I’m getting better.

This guy though… he kept walking into my fireballs; so I kept throwing them. And it kept working.

3 Likes

Sounds like we might be related. Sometimes I ask myself, “what is an introspective introvert doing playing a competitive game plagued with a small but significant cesspool of beings with the intelligence and self awareness equivalent to a turkey”?

I tend to kill them with kindness or indifference, it usually depends on how far regressed they are on the evolutionary scale. If I conclude that I probably have a better chance of communicating to a gregarious haplorhine primate, I tend to emotionally disconnect from the match altogether and move on, win or lose, regardless of how the primate decides to “act out”.

Think of them like monkeys in a zoo exhibit, they feel compelled to act out and fling ■■■■ around, they can’t help themselves.

1 Like

Just switch and wreck them.

[quote=“anon26401541, post:36, topic:11135, full:true”]
Sounds like we might be related. Sometimes I ask myself, “what is an introspective introvert doing playing a competitive game plagued with a small but significant cesspool of beings with the intelligence and self awareness equivalent to a turkey”?

I tend to kill them with kindness or indifference, it usually depends on how far regressed they are on the evolutionary scale. If I conclude that I probably have a better chance of communicating to a gregarious haplorhine primate, I tend to emotionally disconnect from the match altogether and move on, win or lose, regardless of how the primate decides to “act out”.

Think of them like monkeys in a zoo exhibit, they feel compelled to act out and fling ■■■■ around, they can’t help themselves.
[/quote]Mighty big words coming from someone who’s insulting and belittling others (no matter the reason). You know, I often hear that people use big words to try and intimidate others into feeling inferior or to help themselves feel superior. Are you trying to make up for something you don’t have? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Heck to tha no! They’s gots to get gooder! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have never got a hate mail. Ever, whatever reason. I play Riptor if people respect infinite block resets more than Glacius etc… ignore them or reply with a witty comment, shake it off like nothing happened. Even if you are, ahem, in the act of “trying hard”.

Seems like you took my response to the OP as a direct personal insult, when it was merely a collective observation about the subject matter. Your subconscious betrays you. You are more than likely not aware you are projecting.