General Ramm early impressions Poll

Hey Guys!

These bellow polls are just impressions and opinion will obviously change when we all get our hands on him properly! Get downloading the update NOW and don’t vote until your comfortable!

How do we feel about Ramm!? Give us a shout and let us know!

Bit of a shock getting him TODAY but I wanted this in Poll ready for when you guys have a decent play.

Wanda

x :chart_with_upwards_trend:x

:heartbeat:

#Design and visuals

[poll name=Characterdesigns]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Moves

[poll name=moves]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Shadow moves

[poll name=shadowm]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Into and Outro

[poll name=outro]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Voice and sound FX

[poll name=voice]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Music

[poll name=music]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Accessories

[poll name=acsesooties]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Retro Design as Accessories

[poll name=retro]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

#Ultra Combo

[poll name=ulta]

• 1 - Awful
  • 2 - Not amazing
  • 3 - Average
  • 4 - Great
  • 5 - Perfect
    [/poll]

Over powered?

[poll name=OP]

• YES
  • NO
  • I DONT JUDGE (yet)
    [/poll]

#Could you see him being in your top 3?

[poll name=couldumainhim]

• YES
  • NO
  • ITS TOO SOON TO COMMIT
    [/poll]

didn’t like him much at 1st very very heavy, but once you get the combos going, damn he’s pretty beast, and that instinct mode… pretty good so far, just need to play some more with him, can see him being one of them characters in ranked no one wants to play against, I can’t see the casual players really getting the full use out of him.

1 Like

The word I would use to describe RAAM would be… boring.

Boring to look at, boring to play as, boring looking moves, boring colours, boring retro, boring accessories… There’s really nothing about him I find likable.

5 Likes

First impressions, as someone that loves grapplers he’s really fun to play. Landing those grabs is so satisfying, He’s definitely going to be a really strong character, though I fear zoning is going to wreck him but such is the life of the grappler.

2 Likes

It’s interesting though. If you land a bats the normally zoning enemy is forced to engage you to get rid of the bats. Also the changeing command grab goes through I think any non shadow projectiles. Even if he is weak to zoneing he has tools that will keep that playstyle on their toes

I think he looks scarier than Gargos. So that tells you a lot about Gargos.
Raam is a very interesting character. His instinct is so terrifying looking.

3 Likes

He’s pretty boring and forgettable in my opinion.

He’s occupying a roster slot that could have been used by an IG original character.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I feel as well.

He’s actually not that exciting to me lol very boring.

4 Likes

The only thing I genuinely liked after playing him was his instinct but that effect could have been done with bats on Mira.

4 Likes

His sergeant kim stab made me happy, but besides that, I’m not that excited.

1 Like

it’s some thing that likes wried about him i wish his desgin was more ki he kinda of looks brong and something else is off don’t know wait doe

My first impressions he looks to be quite weak vs multi hit moves. He kryll armor is basically anti normal fireballs (for any character. So only shadow projectiles are blowing through him. Making things like fulgores eye beams, jago’s endo’s (charge and non charge), gargos’ minions/PP, aria’s dissoance, cinder’s pyrobombs and fissure.

He also only has 3 AD’s and only 6 standing and 6 crouching buttons as opposed to the regular 24 a character can get. His walkspeed isn’t bad, both dashes look good and fast, Has the fastest command grabs in the game. Unfortunately his fastest one can’t punish much outside of near point blank range shadow or not.

As of right now I’m loving the ARIA vs raam match-up for a few reasons

kryll armor ignores assists (since they are all projectiles) BUT it also means that only a few moves of his have an attack hitbox to actually hurt them (his running grab can’t hurt them but he still takes white life). SB also can easily bypass kryll armor thanks to the double hits they provide and gives ARIA a free opening.

He is however a big guy so instant overheads will hurt him.

His wake-up game is…funny seeing as how he has no defense against throws other then shadow dominance.

Most of his damamge is probably going to come from kryll DOT effect.

His instinct loses it’s effectiveness on bright stages.

The kryll DOT cannot kill you only leave you with the magic pixel.He only has one linker.

I don’t play grapplers and RAAM isn’t going to sway me. BUT WOW!!! The tools this guy has is going to give people freaking nightmares. Both Aesthetically and Mechanically.

I think his actual model looks ok, but his Instinct is so interesting and graphically well done.

Now mechanically, he is literally a beast and he can also play like one. He’s one more grappler with a flip out? A grappler with OTG attacks? A Grappler that can passively chip down your Lifebar!? Dawg!!!

Some Top Thunder players and some Zangief players coming from SFV are creaming thier pants right now!

5 Likes

After playing a few matches with Raam and learning his moveset, I think it’s time I speak my mind about him:

General RAAM sucks and I hate him! Bring on the next season 3 character (which had better be Eyedol)!

Oh and where’s the darn Ultimates?! And we want more stages for season 3!

1 Like

No comments

1 Like

I’d love to comment, but KI refuses to update for me :expressionless:

2 Likes

Not loving it. Only 1 linker? Hmm…

1 Like

Still downloading will comment Wednesday…

3 Likes

Apparently he is really good. Especially instinct. The one linker is probably a intentional weakness

1 Like