General RAAM Gameplay discussion

Not intended then. I cannot pull it off and according to the command list it shouldn’t happen. Maybe a locust? You should report in the s3 locust thread.

His st LP is killing me. @Fwufikins is right, RAAM dances. He has got some extra dance frames. If you do it slowly, it’s even better.

How do you handle RAAM when he charges?

Jump or counter with a shadow move.

1 Like

You like him better now or still not your cup of tea?
I was watching your stream on Twitch the other day but it seemed that it wasn’t your type of character…

He’s fun, for sure. Playing footsies with him and grab pressuring people is pretty satisfying. Poisoning people and watching them hang themselves by jumping away or jumping at me is pretty entertaining.

I just don’t think he’ll be good for me long term. I like my characters to have 2 out of the 3 things on this list:

-good footsies
-good zoning
-good mobility

RAAM only has one of those, so he doesn’t really fit me as of now.

But who knows, maybe some new tech discovered in the future will change my mind.

I AM SO HAPPY THAT RAAM IS A THING THAT HAPPENED.

The caps are to further convey how happy I am that Raam is a thing that happened. Seriously, no sarcasm.

■■■■ right he does

6 Likes

If u press back without backdashing and combine with st lp it gets even better. Also forward mk, the fake stomp, mixed in and ending with AA. It’s like John Travolta in… forgot the name of that movie. Sorry off topic.

1 Like

This is not off topic. It is relevant to this thread and my interests. please god make a video. I’d do it but.i don’t know how.

here u go then

Dirty Dancing with RAAM

1 Like

Finally got to try him in practice mode, and I gotta say, I’m not sure I like him very much - at least in terms of design - way too many of his attacks look the same…

Stab, stomp, grab, and kryll seem to be the extent of his fighting style, which although fitting, doesn’t look like much. That being said, I do like his use of the kryll as a shield, as concealment, and as free damage - that’s very cool (I can’t wait to see what 2 Raam’s look like when they both have their instinct activated at the same time :open_mouth:). I also like that he shares a lot of visual similarities to Zangief from the SF series (like with his jumping HP).

His accessories are also kind of disappointing, IMO. Although nice looking, a lot of it doesn’t match many of the colors, and on top of that, many seem to appear different or innaccurate from his own franchise’s counter-parts. For example, the helmet and garb of 1 appearance is actually the helmet for another type of Locust.

Furthermore his emblems are terribad - they’re all the same; it’s him with varying headdresses. Boring! And they’re brown, which, BTW, was recently named the worst color in existence. His background and profile taunts are nice though - so at least there’s that.

Overall, I think the character is okay at best, design-wise.

Since I’m still in the process of redownloading the game, I don’t yet have any idea of how the Raam-Aganos matchup might go. Has anyone tried it yet?

1 Like

I think the simplicity of his fighting style is suiting. He’s definitely not a deep or graceful sort, LOL.

Omg, that’s insane! I haven’t seen him in action yet but that is scary.

1 Like

I think it has more to do with the fact that the devs probably didn’t have much to work off of, since he was portrayed so simply in his own source material…

Well - that’s sort of what I was implying. There was only so much they could do that would be appropriate and true to the source material.

If they have him 6 pretty auto-doubles, plenty of options for manuals and half-screen openers it might come off the wrong way.

They wanted to make him akin to Zangief and they did a good job with that - and considering the source material it was a wise bet.

1 Like

I certainly can’t disagree with this (nor would I).

1 Like

Geek you pretty much nailed it lol. Stomp, grab, stab, move set his instinct don’t get me started. :scream: A mirror match of that mess yikes!

1 Like

Wooooooooah I need to play RAAM asap

Or check him with a command grab of your own. Or a normal throw, if your character has a good-length throw range and/or you’ve got good reactions.

Or teleport. Or just neutral jump until his grab finally procs and he goes into recovery.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @STORM179 I was playing with some stuff in the lab yesterday. I tried throwing but still kept being punished. As both Arbiter and Gargos, though I do realize they have shallow grabs.

I’m going to try command grab with Arbiter, Gargos lol I’ve yet to figure out.